Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #1

TV cycles on-off

Our 2013 Anthem DEQ large TV over the fireplace cycles on on off occasionally. We had this problem a year ago and Entegra had the TV replaced. It worked fine for almost a year and then the on-off begins. There is no frequency as to when or how often it cycles. It is almost like there is a power interruption as the TV cycles right back on. Other TVs are not effected and remain on. Any ideas?
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Similar issue...

That is a strange issue - sounds like there is a loose connection somewhere. Can you trace out the power connections? Maybe it is another bad TV - maybe a loose connection on the inside near the power supply or something...

I have a strange issue with my main TV where when I change the channel I get this error screen that says I have no HDMI connection on HDMI2 - then it changes to the channel I selected. I asked CS about this and all they said was that they had heard of this before but didn't know why it was happening. Not the answer I was hoping to receive. I need to press them for something more tangible... I have tried cycling things, unplugging/re-plugging things - same issues...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Is it a Lg brand?? Google it... known issue.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:18 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When an electrical appliance does that it's almost always heat related.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If it has happened with two TV's I would look at a loose wire in the 110V plug. See if there is another outlet in the area such as the DVR and change the TV to that outlet, preferably one before the current TV outlet.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 PM   #6

X-2 on Brobx answer. We lost power to the TV early on and it was a connection at the plug that worked loose. Sometimes the hardest questions have the simplest solution.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:11 PM   #7

Well I may have found the problem. After insuring it was not the power, plug or line or any of the related home entertainment system I finally went on line. Would you believe there are pages of this complaint and class law suits, some settled and some pending? Appears Samsung is aware of two faulty capacitors, a wiring problem and in some cases a faulty mother board. If you have the 46 inch Samsung that was standard in the 2013 Anthems you will have this problem. It will take awhile, usually about a year of "home" use and the on/off cycling will begin. Will call Entegra CS tomorrow but they have already replaced the original with the one which has now failed. My coach is also out of warranty. They put the new TV in 11 months ago and I believe the warranty is one year. Of course it's for the original owner which is Entegra.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:42 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Yes known default in both Samsung and some lg TV ,s lots of google info on this !
Happened to my LG
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same problem with a Samsung in my S&B a few TV's back......surprised that issue is still going on. Samsung replaced a couple of capicitors under warranty then it started again after the warranty was up.

A local TV repairman came out and replace all of the junk capacitors with good ones for $100. That TV was still working when we upgraded.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
TV cycles on-off

We are on our third Samsung 46 inch TV. The last one was replaced at our factory PDI. We also got a new bedroom TV at that time. So sad to know that this is a known problem as our warranty expired last week

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Krafty52k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:16 AM   #11

Well, guess what. Samsung did send a repairman out to our house and replaced the "mother board" even though that had stalled around enough to run it out of warranty. They couldn't get anyone out to Colorado so just said wait til we get home. When we did we were 3 days out of warranty. Anyway back on road and TV worked two days and then the same problem. Has anyone replaced the "fireplace" TV with a bigger and better TV and if so how did you mount it?