Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2018, 05:32 AM   #1

TV Input

OK, Another newb "I forgot" question

We bought our new Anthem in December of '17, drove it home and parked it. While we were there we had out tech move our DTV receivers over from our Insignia. Everything worked beautifully. The frontward receiver operates the three forward TV's and the bedroom is for the bedroom. All was good.

In January we decided "switch names" from my wife's maiden name to mine, cutting our bill in half, with the same package. Yesterday, I went to hook them up in the Anthem. I got the BR to work fine, but for some reason the forward TV's are not seeing the DTV receiver. I tried to choose "cable" from the options on the TV, but the only two choosable options are TV and DVD.

What the heck am I doing wrong? I did not move the HDMI cable, just unplugged and plugged. Receiver is on and dish locked in.

HELP????
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2018, 06:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The TVs should be on input HDMI 2 I believe, assuming you have the directv box plugged into the HDMI "out to all TVs" wall plate in the entertainment center so that it feeds the other TVs in the coach.

Thank you,
Joey
17 Aspire 44B
Holmrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:24 AM   #3

I think your hdmi cable either isn't plugged in all the way or not in correctly. You should show at least one hdmi on tv screen when you go to source on tv remote.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I think your hdmi cable either isn't plugged in all the way or not in correctly. You should show at least one hdmi on tv screen when you go to source on tv remote.
It's plugged in properly. I'm going to try a new HDMI and see if that helps.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The signal from your DTV goes from the DTV receiver to the Matrix hub. The Matrix hub then sends the signal via HDMI cable to the various TV's around the coach.

When power is first applied to the Matrix hub, the Matrix defaults to look only for the incoming signals from the DVD. Using the small remote with the power and four buttons, you can direct the Matrix hub to connect to the DTV as it's signal source. Once that's accomplished for a particular TV, use the TV remote to connect to it's HDMI input.

You should have received a 2018 Comprehensive User Guide; look at page 149 for a description.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
The signal from your DTV goes from the DTV receiver to the Matrix hub. The Matrix hub then sends the signal via HDMI cable to the various TV's around the coach.

When power is first applied to the Matrix hub, the Matrix defaults to look only for the incoming signals from the DVD. Using the small remote with the power and four buttons, you can direct the Matrix hub to connect to the DTV as it's signal source. Once that's accomplished for a particular TV, use the TV remote to connect to it's HDMI input.

You should have received a 2018 Comprehensive User Guide; look at page 149 for a description.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Thanks, Stu
Old 03-24-2018, 06:08 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When you press the button on the remote to change the source, it takes a second, or two, for the Matrix to switch. Press the button, count to three to see if you've got the signal before you press the button on the remote again.

In the basement (first bay, passenger side - easier to see from the second bay) is the Matrix hub. LED lights indicate which source is selected for each TV. There's a small button by each TV that you can press to cycle through the sources.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #8

Had to reset through vega touch, but thanks to a smart DTV tech and page 105 of the comp guide he solved it.

Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #9

Don't you just love that Matrix. On another note my VegaTouch would not ever operate my LR electronics. I found out I had a bad emitter attached to our Direct TV receiver. I also learned that the Direct TV remote and the big blue emitter(?) that Entegra uses can cancel each other out if you leave the compartment door where your Direct TV receiver is located open. Close the door and the remote works fine.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:41 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Don't you just love that Matrix.
Once Morpheus sent Neo by to help me better understand the MATRIX, it made a lot more sense.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the reference to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
On another note my VegaTouch would not ever operate my LR electronics. I found out I had a bad emitter attached to our Direct TV receiver. I also learned that the Direct TV remote and the big blue emitter(?) that Entegra uses can cancel each other out if you leave the compartment door where your Direct TV receiver is located open. Close the door and the remote works fine.
I've found that the Bose Soundbar remote works quite well to control the DirecTV receiver, the TV and a Bluetooth device. One remote to control all. All, of course, EXCEPT the Matrix!

Take care,
Stu