RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #1

Two new problems - Yep, same old solution !!

I can add a couple of new problems to the compendium of problems raised by problems or solved by rebooting the 12 volt system. What is remarkable is that one of these deals with the Valid digital dash. A couple days ago, I was again tooling along Highway 20 in Indiana leaving Shipshewana and after maybe 45 minutes, noticed that my DEF level gauge on the dash was completely orange. I had checked the DEF level when we arrived in Shipshewana and knew that my DEF level was approximately 75% tank (very full and certainly not near a danger point). So I drove until I found a safe place to get to the side of the road and checked. Sure enough, about 75% full. I knew that I had a 2.5 gallon jug of DEF sitting in the Honda and so filled it up to the full line. Hmmmmmm .... gauge still orange. So, decided to try rebooting the 12V system by turning off for 30 sec and also shut down the Cummins. Fired everything back up and Voila !!!!! the orange DEF gauge was now green. Have not used up another 25% DEF at this point, so dont know if it will come back again at approx. 75% or not. Assumed that I was also going to be calling Spartan to report a bad DEF sensing unit (the ones that are back-ordered and not available !!!!).... we shall see.

And then another time, for no reason at all, all the buttons on the VegaTouch screen started to take 3 or 4 seconds to illuminate or extinguish. You would press to turn a light on, and 3 or 4 seconds later the button would turn green on the screen. Again, without any effort on my part. This was any button (shades, slides, lights etc) on the screen had the delay. Again, rebooted the system and now the button lights virtually simultaneously again.

Add two more quirks to the growing list of problems solved by a reboot.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #2

Too much unnecessary automation.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #3

Gary,
The posts regarding "rebooting" are interestingly enough, calming my overall anxiety each time we are in the Coach. We'll be leaving Friday for a 2 day trip on the way to Spartan and then a daily exercise in slide usage and turning the house on and off for 5 days. I've resigned myself to "rebooting" before I even think of getting anxious anymore..... I figure another 2-3 years and I'll be totally comfortable every time I turn the key.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
If it's 12V and doesn't work, reboot. Nuff said
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrugarber View Post
Gary,
The posts regarding "rebooting" are interestingly enough, calming my overall anxiety each time we are in the Coach.
It's the same for me. The glitches are annoying and IMO shouldn't exist, but knowing that there's a really effective workaround takes away almost all the stress.

I had the control module replaced a few weeks back and it seemed to fix at least some of the issues I was having. My SA at NIRVC said that she had one Reatta owner who went through, if I remember correctly, 3 module replacements and 5 software updates before his heat pump would stop turning on full-blast in the middle of the night.

I'm sure the 2025 coaches will be rock-solid!
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #6

A friend of mine that has the lovely job of maintaining the computer servers for a bank refers to a reboot as giving it the Michael Jackson trestement...

Hum this to the "Beat it" tune...

You're processing some words when your keyboard goes dead,
Ten pages in the buffer, should have gone to bed,
The system just crashed, but don't lose your head,
Just BOOT IT, just BOOT IT.
Better think fast, better do what you can,
Read the manual or call your system man,
Don't want to fall behind in the race with Japan,
So BOOT IT,
Get the system manager to BOOT IT, BOOT IT,
Even though you'd rather shoot it.
Don't be upset, it's only some glitch.
All that you do is flip a little switch.
BOOT IT, BOOT IT,
Then go find the guy who screwed it!

Mike
Old 09-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I've had my Vegatouch response slow a couple times. I decided to "try something" which worked perfectly for me... since it was the Vegatouch itself that was slow, rather than rebooting the entire coach... hassle... I just used the "Restart Screen" on the last Vegatouch button, which took care of the problem.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:40 AM   #8

Yes, the system reset has worked several times for me without rebooting the entire coach, but sometimes doesnt do the trick.

just boot it......

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, ems, problems