Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2019, 06:29 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tire footprint is the criteria

Remember that the correct tire footprint is the criteria for the published pressure ratings. Overpressure causes a reduced footprint and excess stress and wear to the tire center. Reduced pressure causes excessive bending at the tread edges resulting in local overheating and possible tread separation (blow-out).
Because sidewall, tread area construction and rubber compounding is different for different brands with identical load ratings one should use the charts that match the tire brand in use.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2019, 07:57 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryF View Post
Looking for tire pressure recommendations on a 2015 Aspire 45'. Running Michelin in the front @ 110lbs, Goodyear in the rear @ 90lbs. I know pressure should be determined by coach weight, haven't had an opportunity to do that in the last couple of years. I'm not overloaded by any means, just looking for some suggestions.

Thanks
Jerry
My first recommendation would be to get it weighed, all wheels if possible. Then get the Michelin & Goodyear tire chart and set tire pressure according to chart. I add 5lbs. Currently mine are set 125 on the front and 90 at the rear. I have a 2017 Aspire.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:24 PM   #31

Considering that all is in accordance with a particular RV:

Including that tires are a good make as well as correct size, age, ply, and tread...

These Factors = Tire Life and Service Longevity, Tire Blowout Safety... and, most importantly... Consistent Passenger as well as Others on the Road Physical Wellbeing!

1. Maintaining correct air pressure [considering tire's recommended top pressure and the vehicle weight actually on the tire]

2. NOT driving hard [too fast nor too long in a continuous duration] on too hot roads during very hot days

3. Not driving too fast in any weather conditions. Slow down a bit and everything lasts longer... tires included

4. Not over weighting the RV at any time [even for short periods]

5. Being careful to stay away from pot holes and other sharp edged road recesses. And, if road recesses are encountered do your best to not drive quickly over them.

Good Tires are like most others items on vehicles. They will perform well and last for appropriate time-spans when used with care, treated with acceptable maintenance schedules and not forced to perform over their manufactured, recommended capabilities.

Good Luck!

Old 07-01-2019, 02:24 AM   #32

Besides the info given I use a 60s drag racing technique. If you want to do it in short distance use chalk. I do longer distance and use tire paint. Put a stripe across each tire. Drive for a while (as much straight line as possible) and check the wear. Should wear pretty evenly. If lots of paint left on outsides you are over inflated and running on just the middle of your tire. If lots of paint left in middle of the tire you are under inflated and running on the outsides. If paint on just inside or outside of tire you may have alignment problems. Should wear the paint or chalk off evenly.
LarryFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:54 AM   #33

RV tires

After going through a Goodyear blowout and it being common a few years ago I would replace all of them with Michelin
2008National is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:58 AM   #34

Just an FYI. I have Michelin tires on my tow vehicle and they are truck tires and have variable pressure settings relating to the load. I called Michelin and they gave me a set of pressures according to the load on the tire. I used the GAWR and divided it by 2 and used that setting for the tire air pressure. Michelin was very helpful. Now I know exactly what pressure to put in my front and rear tires. Hope this helps.
Danj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Looking for tire pressure recommendations on a 2015 Aspire 45'. Running Michelin in the front @ 110lbs, Goodyear in the rear @ 90lbs. I know pressure should be determined by coach weight, haven't had an opportunity to do that in the last couple of years. I'm not overloaded by any means, just looking for some suggestions.

Thanks
Jerry
Tire pressure is the most popular thread that gets multiple answers and many are correct

If you're tires run cool at the current psig then you are pretty close, if they run hot then you need weights to determine needed psig

4 corner plus axle weight is the only true way to get the correct set points for those conditions

If anyone has tires that get hot then you best weigh and check your target set points

A good quality tire isn't going to suffer from being inflated a bit higher than needed but will fail if under inflated

Remember the side wall psig weight numbers are minimums for that load
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #36

Tire pressure

Quote:

Thanks
Jerry
Look behind the drives seat and there is a label with GVW and tires. I use the numbers off that panel for setting the tire pressure (cold). Haven't let me down so far.
tlc4texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 AM   #37

If you use those pressures, you are making your ride as rough and bad as you possibly can because you are using pressures that in many cases are MUCH higher than are justified by your weight or you tires. Yes, that is very easy, but it also really deteriorates your ride comfort.

On my coach, my actual tire inflation pressures are MUCH lower than the placard specified pressures, but are well within the both the Michelin recommended pressures and the pressures necessitated by the loads that the tires are carrying.

The only way you know the right pressures is to know the weight (load) that is on each tire position from 4 corner weighing your coach when it is fully loaded for travel and then consulting the Michellin tire load/pressure tables to give you the minimum safe pressure to run at each position.

Gary

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #38

2017 Aspire 44B
We run 120 lb. in front and 85 in dulls and tag. Rig has been weighed and we used the Goodyear recommended weights.
Bob Combs
Bobcombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #39

2018 Aspire: setting tire pressure this am, in Florida. Even at 7 AM the temperature is between 73 and 75, depending on which side of the coach you’re on, based on the weight of my coach I should have 120 in the front and it says 75 in the back but I’m putting 85... But with it being so warm is that still accurate?
buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #40

On the 2018 aspire of course we have Michelin’s
Old 07-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #41

Anyone???
Old 07-07-2019, 07:16 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Michelin should state a minimum pressure for your tire size. If the chart says less pressure than the minimum, I would run the minimum. The 85 setting sounds about right for the rears minimum.

You can find the tire specifications on line. Setting the pressure in the morning is exactly correct before you drive. If you have been weighed and have your normal "travel weights" per wheel position (even per axle, like a CAT scale at a truck stop) you are good to go.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote