Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Hey Chuck, here's that load of coal for your Aqua Hot. It's setting on the Ohio River now.Attachment 147314
That's almost what my "sludge" looked like and AH said it was OK.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyd51 View Post
This is a very interesting thread. With all the no changes at entegra it seems that there are several. I am not sure if they are good or bad. It's like the two year warranty. Is it good or is there another reason for it. Here is my story. I purchased my anthem three years ago, new. When I first purchased it, I found that the ceiling lights did not match in color, replaced about 12. Our refrigerator was not staying in place as the top bracket was about a half inch below the ceiling, which is paneling. The bracket was held in place by wood screws trying to pull the metal bracket up to meet the ceiling. Needless to say they pulled out of the 1/8" wood. Later found that the back bracket was not installed. Aqua hot. 14 different pump motors. Several fuel leaks in it as well. Electrical fire at cook top caused by bad wiring. Tecma toilet not working due to faulty wiring. Electrical outlets not working due to faulty wiring in kitchen slide. Five different microwave ovens. They finally gave up and told me to buy what I wanted. They did reimburse me for it. Wood paneling around the fireplace looked like it was installed by a 7th grade wood shop. Rear end cap on rig broke loose and split the seam. Countless widow shade motors. Temperature sensor that did not read correctly due to placement. Loose floor tiles. Four a/c blower wheel failures. Control board failure, it controls lights and shades. Slides not square to openings, they cannot be adjusted as the paint would not line up. Awning issues. The list goes on and on. A two year warranty may be required to prevent law suits. Don't get me wrong, CS is great and took care of everything. But then again if they want happy customers they need to. Then there was the pre Tad and post Tad thing. I did not buy a Tad, I bought an entegra. Like most of you I bought it because I was told of the quality. Was I misinformed. Not sure I would go down this road again. There are many many more issue but this is long enough. Some changes are good and some inevitable. But we may want to look closely and with a skeptic eye.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
simply put the most awfull report I have ever read on a DPMH
FIVE microwaves? how is that even possible?
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyd51 View Post
This is a very interesting thread. With all the no changes at entegra it seems that there are several. I am not sure if they are good or bad. It's like the two year warranty. Is it good or is there another reason for it. Here is my story. I purchased my anthem three years ago, new. When I first purchased it, I found that the ceiling lights did not match in color, replaced about 12. Our refrigerator was not staying in place as the top bracket was about a half inch below the ceiling, which is paneling. The bracket was held in place by wood screws trying to pull the metal bracket up to meet the ceiling. Needless to say they pulled out of the 1/8" wood. Later found that the back bracket was not installed. Aqua hot. 14 different pump motors. Several fuel leaks in it as well. Electrical fire at cook top caused by bad wiring. Tecma toilet not working due to faulty wiring. Electrical outlets not working due to faulty wiring in kitchen slide. Five different microwave ovens. They finally gave up and told me to buy what I wanted. They did reimburse me for it. Wood paneling around the fireplace looked like it was installed by a 7th grade wood shop. Rear end cap on rig broke loose and split the seam. Countless widow shade motors. Temperature sensor that did not read correctly due to placement. Loose floor tiles. Four a/c blower wheel failures. Control board failure, it controls lights and shades. Slides not square to openings, they cannot be adjusted as the paint would not line up. Awning issues. The list goes on and on. A two year warranty may be required to prevent law suits. Don't get me wrong, CS is great and took care of everything. But then again if they want happy customers they need to. Then there was the pre Tad and post Tad thing. I did not buy a Tad, I bought an entegra. Like most of you I bought it because I was told of the quality. Was I misinformed. Not sure I would go down this road again. There are many many more issue but this is long enough. Some changes are good and some inevitable. But we may want to look closely and with a skeptic eye.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV

This is interesting... I also have a 14 anthem 44 b plan and while it's not perfect I have had minimal issues..
Had the Aqua hot pump replacement.. no big deal
A handful of minor issues things that Entegra took care of quickly and gracefully..all I can say is believe me there is no better motorhome out there.. I have owned Monaco dynasty.. beaver and unfortunately a Brand new Thor Tuscany... I have test driven and seriously considered tiffin bus and a few different Newmar products which I really did my homework on and imo still nothing compares to my Entegra anthem in all departments. Jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
simply put the most awfull report I have ever read on a DPMH
FIVE microwaves? how is that even possible?
One word.....SAMSUNG...now you know what to never buy in appliances. I quit at 2 plus a repair and changed to Whirlpool.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #61

A 3 wheeled coach would be interesting. Would the single wheel be on the front or the back?

This could be a significant savings when replacing tires.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:58 PM   #62

Quote:
imo still nothing compares to my Entegra anthem in all departments. Jmo
like you said in your opinion in reality the tiffin bus and newmar mountain air are better in my opinion
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
like you said in your opinion in reality the tiffin bus and newmar mountain air are better in my opinion

And you have a...........
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Again, I love my Entegra, I just want the company to remain strong, as we all do.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
IMO they will continue to build coaches as before. The same staff (even reduced) will be on the same assembly line. So that is a wash.

The reduction in staff seems to coincide with a reported reduction in assembly numbers. So that is a wash.

Suppliers will remain the same. So another wash.

Some will continue to claim "best bang for buck", others not so much.

I recall many changes at GM with CEO's changing like the flavor of the day. GM continues to produce vehicles at the same quality level as before.

Is all of the agonizing going to affect any of the changes planned for Entegra? Very unlikely as they are working from a different set of information than the emotional items being discussed on the forum.

Will they share the decision making information with us? Some could be shared but the competitive information will be kept under close control.

- Entegra will continue to produce the same quality coach as before.
- Issues during the warranty period will remain the same or better.
- Some will report getting great customer service, others will have issues, same as before.
- Things will change - some will think its great, others not so much.
- Some will like the new designs, others not so much.
Well said, Gordon., and much more accurate than much of the emotional fright that is flying around here.

As for the complaints about Aquahot, everybody else except Newmar seems to use Aquahot, even Prevost's. At the risk of tempting fate, I will say that I have had Aquahot for the past 14 years and never replaced a motor. In fact, in 14 years I have had exactly one repair, which was a bad solder joint on a circuit board encountered about 10 years ago.

My condolences to those who have had all the AH troubles. Perhaps AH changed for the worse after my coach was built. Is this still happening on the new 2017 coaches, or is it something that happened for a time and then got resolved?
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #66

Initially this thread had me concerned. I'm ok now and sticking with the Insignia
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Initially this thread had me concerned. I'm ok now and sticking with the Insignia

Great, We have had one Newmar Dutch Star and the last two were Entegras. That may tell you something.
Enjoy your new coach. I see you live on the Hudson between NY City and Albany. Our son lives in Albany.
Enjoy,
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
And you have a...........
JMHO
Old 12-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I have found over the years that there can be rushes of mass hysteria both good and bad. Much of that is caused by overzealous reporting of both good and bad news. It is like the difference between two guys having a dispute. Somewhere between the two stories is likely what really happened.

Underlying all of the information is the need for the company to stay in business. Part of that is to make a profit so the owners/shareholders continue to employ the CEO, COO and CFO. If you are not making a profit you might as well move your investment to someplace that is.

The process involves building a unit for less than you sell it for. The difference is money in the owners pocket. Driving it all is competition in the market. Buyers seem to want to get lots and pay little. To sell for a competitive price something may have to be sacrificed.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:17 PM   #70

Quote:
Tiffin and Newmar both make a nice product, but none of them are standing any taller. They both have their own issues. And I think on a roll call apples for apples there would be few Entegra owners willing to make that leap.

Tags
entegra