Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #1

Upgrading Aspires batteries

I was looking at a post on this forum about the differences between a Aspire and a Anthem. I own a 2014 Aspire and love the coach. When I bought it I did not care about the differences between the coaches except the batteries. Of course the Aspire with 4 house batteries vs. 8 in the Anthem. I do mostly dry camping with my RV and it has not been a big problem. In this other post a few owners stated they upgraded to 8 batteries. Can anyone comment on this? Cost and who can perform this task. Thanks, Doug
nssracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #2

Doug, we are possibly going to purchase a new Aspire within the next few months, and the battery upgrade would be the first thing I'd do. So I too am curious about the price and how it was accomplished to get 8 AGM's in there.
RonandBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:07 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
In my case it was far easier to upgrade to 4 L16s instead. Almost doubled my AH's!

2012 Entegra Aspire
2013 Wrangler JKU toad
2006 Vans RV-9A
Old 07-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Depends on if you have extra vertical or horizontal space. Some makes/models you have add'l room overhead and some you have room for more sideways. We have no add'l overhead room but my slideout trays have room for 2 add'l 8D's. At present I don't see a need for them as we do very little boondocking other than maybe a rest area or WallyDocking for one night.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
In my case it was far easier to upgrade to 4 L16s instead. Almost doubled my AH's
Interesting. How long have you had them and are they holding up? What brand? Any problem with the additional weight?

I was leaning toward lifeline 6cts, but the L16s look pretty good.
Thx
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #6

I just installed 4 Lifeline GPL-6CT in my '14 Aspire. These are 300 amp hr which will give you 600 amp hrs
total. The 400 amp hr batteries would not fit in the tray, it was close but you would have to set them on plywood on the tray rails. I don't think 8 would fit and plus I wouldn't want that much weight on my front axle. Mine will easily last through the night and no more rust. I think I paid around $1400.

Roger & Carol Eastern KY
2014 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ
’15 Jeep Cherokee Limited,
Blue Ox, SMI Stay in Play Duo
RogerFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersimon View Post
Interesting. How long have you had them and are they holding up? What brand? Any problem with the additional weight?

I was leaning toward lifeline 6cts, but the L16s look pretty good.
Thx
I've had them around 6 months. I got the Trojan L16H-AC. No problems with the weight, other than my lower back putting them in there! I put some wood blocks in the tray so they sit even with the side rail since they overlap a little. I used a ratcheting tie-down strap to secure them in there and they haven't budged. Love them, as we boondock a lot. I could've spent more on some AGM's, but I'm good about taking care of my batteries and figure I may trade up the coach in a few years anyway.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I have also replaced my batteries in my 2013 Aspire. Since I have a pro-fill watering system, I selected the L-16 size flooded-cell batteries. Cut a shelf and put them in my battery compartment. Weight is fine. History shows they should outlast the AGMs.

I now have 840 AmpHours. I fill them with a couple of pumps of my watering system. I'm a happy boondocker.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #9

any good sources to buy lifeline battery's ? it is time to replace mine
Old 08-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Typically it's cheaper to buy them locally due to the weight. Look on Dealer Locater on Lifelines website to find who carries them near you.

2012 Entegra Aspire
2013 Wrangler JKU toad
2006 Vans RV-9A
Old 08-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
Typically it's cheaper to buy them locally due to the weight. Look on Dealer Locater on Lifelines website to find who carries them near you.
I found a place in TX that I could buy and have shipped 4 8D Lifeline AGM's to my work (in WA state) for some $400 less than I could buy them locally. I'm at work and have a lodge meeting so I can't get to my laptop right now to get his info for you.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #12

l16 batteries

have those that changed to L16 batteries in the Aspire had any trouble changing the settings on the inverter? Or did you change them? I plan on biting the bullet and changing mine in Octomber and need some advise on what settings to change.
Scr392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scr392 View Post
have those that changed to L16 batteries in the Aspire had any trouble changing the settings on the inverter? Or did you change them? I plan on biting the bullet and changing mine in Octomber and need some advise on what settings to change.
At a minimum change the battery type to match the new battery chemistry. Flooded, Lifeline AGM =AGM1, other AGM =AGM2. And set the Absorb Time to match the battery capacity, I think 150 minutes in your case.

Magnum manual explains details and process, easy to do.
ME-RC Remote - Magnum Energy, Inc.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scr392 View Post
Some of the Magnum settings such as AGM 1 or AGM 2 etc. are at times a little too general. Let me know exactly what brand and model and I can give you all the settings for the Magnum panel.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries