Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2021, 07:01 PM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denie View Post
Doesn't the 18' have ACC as well? Thought this feature was included far back as 2016?
Anyway...does Enterga have ride a air system that controls body lean when cornering?
The ACC in the 19 has the digital distance and speed between vehicles that will not be on any other year. I am not sure what year ACC was introduced on the Entegras
Yes the Cornerstone does have air ride for cornering.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2021, 08:42 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
So...after much reading and research we've narrowed it down to a Cornerstone but not which model year. Thinking a 2018 or 2019. Is one more preferable over the other? Are there any benefits with a 2019 over the 2018?

The 19 has significant improvements over the 18. I’ve owned 2017, 18 and 19 Cornerstones. I traded the 18 for the 19 just for the improvements they made. The few I remember off the top of my head are:
Glass dash
Integrated TPMS
An on/off button for the acc
The air leveling had a dedicated compressor.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:22 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
The 19 has significant improvements over the 18. I’ve owned 2017, 18 and 19 Cornerstones. I traded the 18 for the 19 just for the improvements they made. The few I remember off the top of my head are:
Glass dash
Integrated TPMS
An on/off button for the acc
The air leveling had a dedicated compressor.
Just finished 3 hours of video from NIRVC with Angie going over the coaches in detail on the 18', 19' and 20'. Now I want a 20' but most likely would be out of our budget.
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 05:56 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Just finished 3 hours of video from NIRVC with Angie going over the coaches in detail on the 18', 19' and 20'. Now I want a 20' but most likely would be out of our budget.
I have a 21, there was not that much over the 19. DW has been wanting her hutch back since we sold the Travel Supreme in 13. The 21 had the hutch, so.... . The mechanical change that is nice is the air ride leveling system now a Valid which is a better system and the seats are nicer, with heat and AC. I can't remember anything else that was a deal maker.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:17 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I agree, the 20 is probably better. The big items added in 20 was comfort drive, 360 camera and as Chuck said, the valid air suspension which is more responsive and controllable.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The ACC in the 19 has the digital distance and speed between vehicles that will not be on any other year. I am not sure what year ACC was introduced on the Entegras
Yes the Cornerstone does have air ride for cornering.

The ACC on the '18 DOES have the speed of and distance to the vehicle being followed.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
The ACC on the '18 DOES have the speed of and distance to the vehicle being followed.
Thanks you for that correction. I thought it started with the digital dash. I am the last person to be the expert on the newer models.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I agree, the 20 is probably better. The big items added in 20 was comfort drive, 360 camera and as Chuck said, the valid air suspension which is more responsive and controllable.
Maybe prices will go down some on the 20' by the time we're ready to buy. Paying cash and don't want any payments.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Maybe prices will go down some on the 20' by the time we're ready to buy. Paying cash and don't want any payments.
I just ordered my second Entegra Coach, had a 20 Anthem, and am awaiting a 22 Cornerstone. Love the product! I certainly understand the emotional value of paying cash but may I stick my nose in your personal business to share a positive idea, and strongly suggest an alternative? Under normal circumstances these rigs are depreciating assets, Covid has clearly had an impact on this, but it will return to a more normal market condition at some, not too distant point. You may do yourself a significant economic favor if you put the cash in a conservative dividend portfolio, which should be able to conservatively and easily deliver 4-6% annually and while the current vehicle finance rates are running 3.75-4.8%. You will enjoy the benefit of preserving your capital while amortizing the outstanding debt additionally; you may even realize some tax advantages if you are still working or have additional income. Just a potential helpful thought, don't mean to be in any way invasive in your private finances. Best of luck, however, you go, I wish you the best of luck and safe travels.
Tegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:27 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra View Post
I just ordered my second Entegra Coach, had a 20 Anthem, and am awaiting a 22 Cornerstone. Love the product! I certainly understand the emotional value of paying cash but may I stick my nose in your personal business to share a positive idea, and strongly suggest an alternative? Under normal circumstances these rigs are depreciating assets, Covid has clearly had an impact on this, but it will return to a more normal market condition at some, not too distant point. You may do yourself a significant economic favor if you put the cash in a conservative dividend portfolio, which should be able to conservatively and easily deliver 4-6% annually and while the current vehicle finance rates are running 3.75-4.8%. You will enjoy the benefit of preserving your capital while amortizing the outstanding debt additionally; you may even realize some tax advantages if you are still working or have additional income. Just a potential helpful thought, don't mean to be in any way invasive in your private finances. Best of luck, however, you go, I wish you the best of luck and safe travels.

I was going to offer similar advice. Keep the cash and use someone else's. Put your cash in some investment vehicle and profit. Should something go sideways, you at least have your cash to fall back on.
Old 11-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra View Post
Just sent you a PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:19 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Personal opinion, the Valid air is worth the stretch to go to the 21. And I would also look at financing and investing your cash. Large enough down payment to minimize any possibility of getting upside down (30-50%). Use a separate investment account with a low cost brokerage. Conservative dividend stocks with a side of bonds for protection. Reinvest the dividends if your budget allows or use them to offset the interest you will be paying. Keep your cash and you could even end up ahead long term. And that advice could change depending on the timing of your purchase vs. interest rates. In a year or two things might look very different. But something to think about and discuss with your financial advisor.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Personal opinion, the Valid air is worth the stretch to go to the 21.
Looking at the 2020 brochure, it has valid air listed...or did it just not make it into the actual build?
Old 11-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Looking at the 2020 brochure, it has valid air listed...or did it just not make it into the actual build?

More likely my error. If it’s listed in the 2020 specs, then it should be there. I was thinking it was new in 2021 but it wouldn’t be the first time I messed up dates.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time