Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2021, 06:25 AM   #1

Used Cornerstone Market

Since September we been looking online at the used Cornerstone market and have notice the same coaches are still for sale after 2 months of being advertised online for sale. My question is, with all the shortages of coaches and evidence of a great sellers market right now, why are these same coaches still available after 2 months? Is this a sign of the bubble beginning to deflate in the used market?
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2021, 06:41 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denie View Post
Since September we been looking online at the used Cornerstone market and have notice the same coaches are still for sale after 2 months of being advertised online for sale. My question is, with all the shortages of coaches and evidence of a great sellers market right now, why are these same coaches still available after 2 months? Is this a sign of the bubble beginning to deflate in the used market?

Overpriced is the most likely reason.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 06:46 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had a conversation with Brett Davis yesterday. He is probably the best statistician in the country when it comes to the RV market. He did mention to me, using Newmar as the example, that the luxury coach market as listed in NADA is starting to soften. Part of it is end of season.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:25 AM   #4

Over-priced and bad condition probably explains it all.... with price being more important.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:31 AM   #5

May well be color and floor plan. Some combinations are not so desirable and do not move.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:49 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've seen the same thing too and wondering. Within that same period, I have also seen NIRVC listed two units that sold quickly with more miles on them. I am thinking a limited number of people buying in that price range and maybe feel more comfortable buying from a dealer? Someone mentioned end of the season. When is that for high end units? My thinking is that a lot of us use them in the winter months to head somewhere warm in addition to shorter getaways during the summer. Pretty well use ours all year around and actually less in the summer.

Prices are up there....have thought about selling mine at the recent prices, but do not want to miss out on all of the fun.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:44 AM   #7

Selling "seasons" vary by location. Here is Arizona we get a lot of winter visitors. The first wave typically arrives just before or just after Thanksgiving, with the big wave rolling in right after Christmas and into January. As such, January, February and at least part of March are great months to be selling a motorhome out here. I would expect something similar in Florida.

That said, the RV market is overdue for some softening.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #8

Used vehicles of all sizes and shapes are overvalued right now. Rv's are no different so some softening isn't unusual given those circumstances. Too a CS is a pricey unit and many may prefer buying from a dealer. Many need financing. Your pool of cash buyers for that coach is small
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:14 AM   #9

you can always make an offer if its been advertised since September.

I purchased when the price was right, color was wrong.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Used vehicles of all sizes and shapes are overvalued right now. Rv's are no different so some softening isn't unusual given those circumstances. Too a CS is a pricey unit and many may prefer buying from a dealer. Many need financing. Your pool of cash buyers for that coach is small
Good points Bruce. In situations like that, a consignment sale through a reputable dealership like National Indoor RV Centers could be a viable approach.

The fee they charge the seller isn't trivial, but some of that can perhaps be offset by a dealer being able to get a higher price than a private-party seller.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #11

Just wait 12 more months, it will surprise you
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 06:01 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Just curious…when is a “pricier unit” a Cornerstone, used and $330k, versus an Anthem, same year and $280k…they both seem pretty pricy if your looking for something around $100k, of course, I have not yet seen an Anthem or CS post 2013 for $100k….or an Aspire, or even a pre-2013 of any of these at that price.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:47 PM   #13

It's all relative Dave. Not long after we got our 2018 Cornerstone, we were at Reyco Granning in Mt. Vernon, Missouri getting some work done. The Newell factory in Miami, Oklahoma isn't far from there, so I contacted a friend with connections (not to mention Mark Quasius by name) and was able to arrange a tour.

On the day we were headed there I got a call from the guy at Newell who was going to show us around. He asked where we were planning to stay. I gave him the name of an RV park not far from their plant. His response was, "Don't do that - we have room in our onsite owners campground. You're welcome to stay here for free."

We arrived that afternoon, got parked, and took our dog on a walk around the facility. In a campground full of Newells, I can assure you our almost new Cornerstone was the lowest of the low. And I doubt any of the Newell owners considered it anything like "pricey."

On the flip side, a year or two before we got the Cornerstone we made an overnight stop at an RV park in West Monroe, Louisiana in our Tiffin Allegro Bus. West Monroe is the home of the Robertson family of Duck Commander fame, so we figured it couldn't be too bad.

The front portion of the park where our space was located wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Then I took our dog on a walk toward the back of the park. The farther we went the sketchier it became, to the point that I was seriously wondering if we'd made a major mistake.

About half an hour later, a couple in a very nice Prevost conversion coach pulled into a space two down from ours. I looked at their coach and said to Amy, "Those people are our best friends." Amy asked why. My response was, "Because they're going to rob them before they rob us!"

In that case, we had a seriously "pricey" motorhome. At least until the Prevost arrived.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:45 AM   #14

Larry , Ha Ha too funny but so true !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote