Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2022, 09:26 AM   #1

Valor Smart Tool

2021 Aspire; had service performed which fixed the blank tire readings. But the pressures were reprogramed and I am getting high warnings displays even in cool temps so I think it will alarm in hot weather.

I am not close to a service center that can reprogram the system and I think it will be cheaper in the long run to purchase a Smart Tool.

Questions, what Generation system will a '21 Aspire have, how do I tell?

Where can I purchase a Valor smart Tool?

Thanks
John300exc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2022, 11:04 PM   #2

The rep was Don Rigby for many years, but he has retired and there was a temporary replacement a year or so ago. The number I had for the temp was: Derek Stewart. The number I have for him is: 734-634-3278

See what that does.

Many of bought programmers feeling, the same as you, that it was a better investment, and the ability to program yourself was worth the bucks. Frankly, most dealers have no idea how the TPMS should be programmed....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 08:55 AM   #3

Thanks, l'll give him a call Monday
Old 12-03-2022, 06:03 PM   #4

Oh, one more thing....

The programmer not only lets you program the system, but you can walk around your coach and check the battery voltage level on each of your transmitters. You hold the programmer near the tire inflation stem and hold until you get the voltages.

My memory is that you can read the psi from each tire also, but I use a high quality stainless steel semi-truck air pressure gauge. They are nearly indestructible

Gary
Old 12-06-2022, 05:39 PM   #5

https://parts.reddiamondparts.com/sm...302040116.html

Got one coming
Old 12-06-2022, 07:58 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the link.

Santa might bring me a programmer for Christmas.

I thought I remember reading the programmers were 200 bucks. Bad memory?
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:02 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The one thing to consider is the life of the internal tire sensors. My 2019 has lost connectivity to 4 of the sensors due to battery failure. 3 to 4 years is about all they seem to last. After all the trouble they have already caused, putting good money after bad just didnít seem like a great idea. I went ahead and ordered an aftermarket system.
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:15 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I am also in the camp of a complete new system for $549 dollars, $765 with toad. https://www.amazon.com/TST-Monitorin...e%2C102&sr=1-2. My 19 never worked correctly, constant "high temp warning" that I could not get away from in FL. Along came the "improved" 21 with the same problem, but not as often, but I am down to 25% the sensor not working full time on a 2 year old coach. I will also be changing to the TST system now that the programmers are pushing $400, only to have the batteries fail, as mine may have already started. After 2 coach with problematic Valid systems. I will move on to a fully trusted, easy to maintain TPMS.

If there are so many aftermarket TPMS that work perfect, why can't the Valid? It's not new technology, newer cars have had them for years.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:34 AM   #9

My Cornerstone is an early 2019 (came off the line in May 2018), and all of my sensors began failing about 2021. Since my 2019 was an early 2019 manufactured coach, I believe my sensors were likely positioned in wheels in mid to late 2017 as Spartan was testing and developing the Valor implementation. My guess is that they had several hundred delivered in 17 or there-abouts and started testing
them on their frames (and I believe I got left-over sensors after they finished the testing). By 2021, I was beginning to lose connection to all sensors in the coach by 2021, as they randomly failed. I happened to be scheduled at Charlotte for my 2 year end of warranty inspection and "go over" at Spartan and Spartan replaced most of my Valor transmitters (I don't know if all of them, but many of them, but I thought all). Now it is very late 2022, and my tag axle sensors no longer appear on the dash and half of my drive axle sensors come and go. My Honda sensors have been dead for the better part of a year at this point (they were new in ~ 2015 and replaced fully in 2019.

Since replacing sensors requires removal of the coach tires and there has been so much discussion of tire casing failures when simply breaking beads from, wheels and removing or repairing Michelin tires, I have already purchased a TST system for the Honda and tag axle tires. I have not installed the sensors yet and have decided that I might as well go ahead and buy the drive and steer axle sensors so that I have a complete back-up system. Having the sensors in the tire on the wheel and requiring the removal of the tires along with battery life that appears to be no more than ~ 3 years seems like a inadequate system, so I think a full TST system is going to be the new replacement. Either the steer axle batteries are the newest and still strong, or they were replaced when the Rettrobands were installed, but they are the two most dependable reporters of tire condition.

And, the programmer was priced around $220 when I bought it in early 2018 or close to that number and I have heard that they are now up in the middle 300s. Still, would be something that I don't feel you can do without in a coach with this much failure and change in tire condition and sensor batter longevity, I felt it was a "must have expense".

Gary
Old 12-07-2022, 08:45 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I Use a TST system along with the valor system, they don't interfere with each other and it gives me a better level of comfort.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:13 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
My Cornerstone is an early 2019 (came off the line in May 2018), and all of my sensors began failing about 2021. Since my 2019 was an early 2019 manufactured coach, I believe my sensors were likely positioned in wheels in mid to late 2017 as Spartan was testing and developing the Valor implementation. My guess is that they had several hundred delivered in 17 or there-abouts and started testing
them on their frames (and I believe I got left-over sensors after they finished the testing). By 2021, I was beginning to lose connection to all sensors in the coach by 2021, as they randomly failed. I happened to be scheduled at Charlotte for my 2 year end of warranty inspection and "go over" at Spartan and Spartan replaced most of my Valor transmitters (I don't know if all of them, but many of them, but I thought all). Now it is very late 2022, and my tag axle sensors no longer appear on the dash and half of my drive axle sensors come and go. My Honda sensors have been dead for the better part of a year at this point (they were new in ~ 2015 and replaced fully in 2019.

Since replacing sensors requires removal of the coach tires and there has been so much discussion of tire casing failures when simply breaking beads from, wheels and removing or repairing Michelin tires, I have already purchased a TST system for the Honda and tag axle tires. I have not installed the sensors yet and have decided that I might as well go ahead and buy the drive and steer axle sensors so that I have a complete back-up system. Having the sensors in the tire on the wheel and requiring the removal of the tires along with battery life that appears to be no more than ~ 3 years seems like a inadequate system, so I think a full TST system is going to be the new replacement. Either the steer axle batteries are the newest and still strong, or they were replaced when the Rettrobands were installed, but they are the two most dependable reporters of tire condition.

And, the programmer was priced around $220 when I bought it in early 2018 or close to that number and I have heard that they are now up in the middle 300s. Still, would be something that I don't feel you can do without in a coach with this much failure and change in tire condition and sensor batter longevity, I felt it was a "must have expense".

Gary
Gary,

I hate to be the one that said. "I told you so"....But Junk is still junk no matter what lipstick Spartan puts on it. Supposedly they came out with a "new" system in 23, if so, they finally admitted 19-22 were junk that they cannot fix, at least my two units were.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:43 AM   #12

But, of course, in typical Spartan RV Chassis fashion, if you were unlucky enough to get your coach with the inadequate system on it (like bad radiators in about 2015 to 2018 or bad DEF heads from about 2018 to 2021 or the current inadequate Valor TPMS system), then the owners are just screwed and there is no consideration to making the system "right" for the poor dogs that were dumb enough to buy coaches before they discovered that the system was inadequate and doesn't work..... Typical approach of Spartan. Sad

All of that is "management decisions" not to accept responsibility and put their heads in the sand...

It says clearly that no-one should buy a chassis with a new Spartan innovation included on it for the first two or three years that it is produced to see if they "discover" that the system sucks...

Gary
Old 12-12-2022, 07:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, I’m sorry you have joined the club for the non-functioning valid tpms. For quite awhile you were their most vocal supporter. I’ve tried on 2 MH’s to get them working. A trip to Spartan, 3 trips to dealers, added a second antenna all to no avail. And your point of breaking down a 3-4 year old tire to update batteries goes against all the current wisdom. I fortunately hung on to my old Eez tpms and it is working fine after 7 years of ownership.
Tim Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:00 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Gary, I’m sorry you have joined the club for the non-functioning valid tpms. For quite awhile you were their most vocal supporter. I’ve tried on 2 MH’s to get them working. A trip to Spartan, 3 trips to dealers, added a second antenna all to no avail. And your point of breaking down a 3-4 year old tire to update batteries goes against all the current wisdom. I fortunately hung on to my old Eez tpms and it is working fine after 7 years of ownership.
Tim, You have hit the nail on the head. My 2016 Chevy Toad has had the OEM TPMS working perfect since new and has never had a battery changed. It is driven 10x more than the Cornerstone and works perfect in all temperatures in all parts of the country. It just warned me that I picked up another roofing nail thanks to Hurricane Ian.
Like you, my Eez TPMS was working perfect for 4 years before I sold the classic. Why is it that Valid, that has been in business since 1991 https://validmfg.com/about-us/ cannot deliver us a reliable TMPS that probably cost 4 times as much as our after market TPMS that have been problem free? I wish I had been as smart as you and kept my Eez TMPS.

My #1 reason for trading up to the 19 was the digital dash. After the Valid experience with the 19 and the 21, what a disappointment in the TPMS. I hope the 23 owners receive the "new and improved" units that work.