Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2022, 08:11 PM   #1

Valor Tool - How to program?

Newbie here... 2019 Anthem 44A. Got the tire pressor warning light and I have the Valor tool. Following the instructions I'm stuck at "Turn Transceiver on (Vehicle to accessory ON)". I press the ignition button (Keyless) get the solid yellow light then long press and my dash comes on. I'm assuming that's "Accessory" mode. But the unit will not connect. What am I doing wrong?
Helifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2022, 09:25 PM   #2

Heli

There is a complete set of instructions and you should have them. Do you?

Also, you cannot really program the system if your dash is not isolated from the rest of the canbus. There is too much traffic running up and down the canbus even with your engine turned off for you to program anything.

There is a connector right under the faux wood panel in the dash in front of the passenger. There are three red or orange wires coming into a blue (as I remember) plug that sits right on top of the GPS and Audio amplifier metal box that is the main component under that faux panel. You must remove the three orange/red wires. That isolates the dash from the rest of the coach and lets the dash respond to your commands and entries. The remote makes a wireless connection to the dash but the wireless signals cannot "get in" if they are being covered up by the electronic traffic on the canbus. The three wires are removed simply by pulling the wire connectors from the blue plug. It does not matter which connector you take the wire from and put it back on, but I numbered the wires 1, 2, and 3 from top to bottom with tags and I put the wires right back onto the same position I removed them from.

Tell me.... do you have the manual for the programmer? Its up here in old threads but may be hard to find. I think I can find it for you orI have it stored on my main storage computer hard drive and I can send it to you or make it available to you.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:19 AM   #3

Thanks for your response... I have the operations manual and a single sheet of paper with instructions on how to program baseline into transceivers. See attached. I'll try your instructions unless the attached instruction sheet is not correct. So, first, unplug the wires under the dash panel then, follow attached instructions correct?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TMPS Instruction Sheet.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	365511  
Old 05-15-2022, 06:34 AM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Yes, you have to isolate the system by disconnecting the canbus Gary was saying to unplug. Follow step by step.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:07 AM   #5

Is it the orange connectors?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34923EAC-72B9-4C0B-90F8-1B21EC280512.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	365532  
Old 05-15-2022, 03:41 PM   #6

Yes, that is the connector I worked with on my coach. The orange wires simply came off of pins on that plastic connector. Just pull them off. Like I said, my understanding is that it doesn't matter the order when you put them back on, but to be cautious, I numbered them and then put them back in the same position. Those orange wires are part of the canbus that carries all the communications from back in your engine compartment and ECM up to the dash.

Once the wires are removed, your dash is then isolated from all that information and then your wireless remote can "talk" to the dash to set those parameters.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:21 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Every time I see a post on the Valor TPMS and what it takes to make them work, the TST and EZeeRV TMPS looks better and better. When Entegra told me on the scheduled AIR that the Valor System will not be serviced on my AIR, I thought even Entegra doesn't like the system. That make two of us.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:35 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I moved the EZee system from my old coach. All 12 tires. Simple and straight forward.

Today I drove over from Northeast Ohio to Entegra homecoming. EZee system worked perfectly. Valor system on my coach lost my outside dual wheels most of the trip. And getting it on my toad would require me buying the system, having my toad tires removed, buy a programmer, etc…. And first I need to get the system to reliably work on my 8 coach tires. It has not worked right since I purchased the coach.

I would still like to go with the integrated system but I am not sure it is worth the pain when my old EZee systems works perfectly.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I moved the EZee system from my old coach. All 12 tires. Simple and straight forward.

Today I drove over from Northeast Ohio to Entegra homecoming. EZee system worked perfectly. Valor system on my coach lost my outside dual wheels most of the trip. And getting it on my toad would require me buying the system, having my toad tires removed, buy a programmer, etc…. And first I need to get the system to reliably work on my 8 coach tires. It has not worked right since I purchased the coach.

I would still like to go with the integrated system but I am not sure it is worth the pain when my old EZee systems works perfectly.
So you just live with the dash tire pressure warnings?
Old 05-16-2022, 05:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Yes, that is the connector I worked with on my coach. The orange wires simply came off of pins on that plastic connector. Just pull them off. Like I said, my understanding is that it doesn't matter the order when you put them back on, but to be cautious, I numbered them and then put them back in the same position. Those orange wires are part of the canbus that carries all the communications from back in your engine compartment and ECM up to the dash.

Once the wires are removed, your dash is then isolated from all that information and then your wireless remote can "talk" to the dash to set those parameters.

Gary
FYI, removing the 3 connectors didn't work. I then removed the large connector to that adapter leaving the 3 connectors connected and that DID work!
Old 05-16-2022, 04:56 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helifreak View Post
So you just live with the dash tire pressure warnings?
No warnings. I just have a couple of sensors that the Valor system is not getting a signal from. I am going to try to get that resolved from Spartan.

For now those tires and my tow vehicle are covered by my EZee tire TMPS>
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote