Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2019, 08:02 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
After my phone call with Steve, C310 I will hang on to my TST system for a while, for our 2020 C S.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2019, 04:58 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
After my phone call with Steve, C310 I will hang on to my TST system for a while, for our 2020 C S.
Wise move, I wishing I would have kept my TPMS. If nothing else for the toad so all the switching doesn't have to take place every time you stop.

I still like Ron Popeil's famous words. "set it and forget is". the Valor system is far from that, from the base tire pressure setting to the toad.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Tommy smart move!
Sure wish I would have kept my TST as I don’t have a good feeling (based on recent responses) they’ll get this fixed anytime soon if ever. As far as it ever being anywhere close to a TST system I wouldn’t hold your breath. The worst part is they apparently don’t think the faults of this safety devise warrant informing owners they can be left unprotected. I know I couldn’t sleep if I was responsible and kept quiet. But that’s JMO. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:04 AM   #32

Its nice that I am hearing problems from other owners from issues that I raised in late May, 2018. Nice idea, but........

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:43 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,
It couldn’t be as I was told for months they had never seen this and I was the only one to have a problem. Right!
Steve
Old 01-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #34

Steve:

I did NOT know that a problem (signal loss) was not immediately reported to the dash.... mine seems to be pretty quick. But, maybe I am missing some fall outs.

Now that it is colder, I get low air pressure faults on the Honda every morning. However, the pressure reports of 28 PSI when they are supposed to be 30 PSI and I programmed the VALOR system baselines to handle 30 PSI pressures, sooooo, when I see low pressures reported on cool morning for either the steer tires on the coach, or from any of the sensors on the Honda, I walk around the coach, see if I see any indication of below normal inflation on the tires, and if not (never have), simply ignore the amber tire warnings.... and within the first 10 miles of travel that day, and the normal tire warming, the warning lights go off and now say that the tires are within normal limits (WNL)(Green).

Chuck is right. For car tire pressures, the bandwidth of defined "normal" pressure is WAY, WAY, too narrow. This is also true for coach tires, but particularly true for car tires.

I still have my TireMinder system so could put them back on the car or coach, and your information that the system does not report a current temperature if it loses communications is a disturbing report indeed.

I bought the VALOR Smart Programmer, and have it with me, but using the front and rear tire pressures that I first reported back in June or so of 2018, I have not had a tire signal loss on either the Honda or coach (that I know of) and the baselines that I also reported have worked very well with the ready for extended travel-loads and tire pressures that I published last summer.

And you KNOW that I have been talking both to Spartan and to Valor about the issue of baselines, 4-corner weights, and signals since early June 2018. If they tell anyone that this is news to them, then they are telling you, obviously, something that is not true.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:41 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,
Even if you are constantly watch the display it will not show a signal loss indicated with 188psi/401temp or a dash(-) for approximately 10 minutes from the time the signal is lost. Furthermore if the signal is ever regained for even a short moment anytime less than 10 minutes the timer resets again and the display would continue to display a reading that was not real-time. This can continue over and over again and you are clueless.
Steve

Tags
tpms