Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #1

vanishing Aquahot boiler fluid

Noticed all my boiler fluid (green) was gone from reservoir after short weekend trip. Refilled to cold line and four days later without turning it on it's empty. No puddles or visible leaks.
dredcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2018, 08:46 PM   #2

I have had techs work on my Anthem 45B and they said that when they drained all the fluid, that they had to turn the heat on max and let it run for quite a while for the system to 'Burp out' some air pockets in the system. If you dont see puddles or run off or leaks, then I would add more fluid again and run it (does everything inside seem right also?) and see if you might still be burping out air and its taking more fluid.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:48 PM   #3

This same issue occurred on our AH system three or four years ago. There was a lot of air in the system and took a lot of burping and close to two gallons of century fluid.

Within the last four months or so the yellow fluid has turned brown and pump #2 has ceased working. Not sure yet what I will do to resolve the brown fluid.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #4

Peter

I don’t think the color change is a problem, until you notice that it is also thickening substantially. At that point, I think the system must be fully drained, flushed, and re-filled. I owned my Anthem around 3.5 years, and it was the same color when I traded it in as the day I bought the coach new.

Gary
Old 04-27-2018, 04:08 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Was the reservoirs full before you left on the trip? If the fluid had evaporated and you were sucking air while on the trip, could be why it is using fluid. Was the unit worked on before the trip? Also check the clear 5/8" hose from the reservoirs to the unit. They are cheap plastic and crack from heat, usually on the bottom side where you can't see it. The leak is so small the heat evaporates the fluid before it is seen.

If that hose is no longer clear, it is time to change it. I have found the braided clear hose at Lowe's sold by the foot is of much better quality.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:47 AM   #6

When I do need to flush the AH system can the replacement fluid be the pink boiler fluid and how many gallons will be required?
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:02 AM   #7

Yes, you need to have the system completely flushed so it is clear/clean. Then you can move to Camco pink. It needs to be diluted 50% so it is cheaper, and the initial price of Camco is a good deal cheaper at its retail price.

The only thing you lose is the “unique color coding” which distinguishes boiler fluid from Angie antifreeze.

Gary
Old 04-27-2018, 09:03 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
When I do need to flush the AH system can the replacement fluid be the pink boiler fluid and how many gallons will be required?
Mine took 11 gallons of fluid and 34 gallons of distilled water to do the flush.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
According to the service tech at AH, the brown stuff isn't an issue. He said they don't even worry about the brown sludge as that doesn't cause any problems.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was in a tire shop getting new tires and noticed a coolant drip under the nose of my rig. Did some investigation and found a rag wrapped around a fitting up under the dash. Seems that, rather than repair the leak a previous owner or shop had just tied a rag around the fitting to absorb the liquid so it didn't show. Tried tightening the fitting but that doesn't seem to have worked as my AquaHot fluid is still needing refilling.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:46 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David3811 View Post
According to the service tech at AH, the brown stuff isn't an issue. He said they don't even worry about the brown sludge as that doesn't cause any problems.
Not my experience. Mine got so thick it caused a blockage. Ask Darwin Hathaway AH service tech about that one.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #12

Just added another half gallon to get the reservoir back to half full again.......so far have added 1 gallon since we brought it home off the lot.......a bit concerned since we have lived in it full time heating since Easter..............:(

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid