Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 04:52 PM   #1

Vega Touch

Does anyone know if you Can control the Vega Touch from the app when you are not in the coach? Thanks
CarloB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 05:13 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2109 and newer, yes, you can.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-23-2022, 08:34 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Carlo, sorry to be so brief. My '18 doesn't have that capability, so I can't very well talk you through the process. I just know that the capability exists on your '19.

This is a pretty helpful group that you've joined here. I'm quite optimistic that somebody with hands-on experience getting connected to your VegaTouch through an internet connection will soon be along to offer specific guidance.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-24-2022, 07:58 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This YouTube video might get you pointed in the right direction to get your VegaTouch connected: https://youtu.be/YdTafZMkWBA

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-24-2022, 08:06 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
What year coach do you have? Pre 19 $100 does not work that well. 19 and after $15. up to 5 devises works great. On th 19, there are some safty items that cannot be controlled unless at the coach, such as starting the generator if it might be indoors or moving the slides without checking for clearance.

Without knowing the year, cannot give a good answer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:50 AM   #6

The answer to the question of anywhere control is:
"It Depends'

It depends on which VegaTouch module is installed. The Nebula module provides proxy access to the coach (similar to your nest cam's etc) truly remote from anywhere access

The Mira VegaTouch module provides bluetooth control to about 60 feet.

The Reatta, Reatta XL and Aspire are equipped with the bluetooth only Mira module

The Anthem and Cornerstone have the Nebula module for true remote access.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
The Anthem and Cornerstone have the Nebula module for true remote access.
One bit of advice to connect to a later model Anthem or Cornerstone is be patient. It's not anywhere near instaneous to connect, unlike your Nest devices.
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:53 AM   #8

Vega touch error codes

We own a 2022 Entegra Reatta XL with Vega Touch Mira.
My husband is stuck on the road.
Generator went on by itself while we were away and ran for 23 hours.
When he got in the coach he had an error message on Vega that said G12 #1 is offline. Could not turn on any lights or the air conditioners.
Anyone have any help on this?
Stingray21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:50 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Stingray
You might get more responses if you start your own post rather than jump on a post not specific to your issues. You state your husband is stuck on the road. Is he broke down? I would guess your generator came on due to settings for your AGS-automatic generator start. Low batteries or HVAC demand can initiate the generator starting.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:08 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Vegatouch remote ?

Our 2017 had limited ability to do things from an app while at the coach. No remote connectivity. I had to move my phone to the coach router and that would stop my device from using the internet. Overall the system was not very good.

Our 2022 has full capability to do things from an app while at the coach. The app from an ipad looks almost identical to the actual Vega Touch and the response times are similar. The app from an iPhone gives you the same capability as the ipad but the layout is different to accommodate a smaller screen.

The range of the coach router is pretty good as well. I can connect locally to the coach from 5o yards or so from the coach.

I can also still use my phone on the internet when connected to the coach router as long as the coach router has internet connectivity.

While remote from the coach you can control most items. As stated some safety items like extending slides and awnings can only be done while at the coach. The app knows if you are remote or local. By local I mean you are on the wifi from the coach router that the vega touch is on.

For remote connectivity you have to have the coach router online. Either via a wireless SIM card or a wifi. I point my router at my jetpack and it connects that way.

Of course no remote connectivity works if you do not have a way to connect to the internet with reliability from where you are parked. And you need good internet connectivity from your device as well.

My response times are fine remotely after the app connects. That takes a few seconds.

What do I do remotely? Adjust the heat or air. Unlock the bay doors when outside. Turn outside lights on. Unlock the door. Check status of things. Etc….
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:00 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Mine works OK while in and AT the coach. Not remotely however.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray21 View Post
We own a 2022 Entegra Reatta XL with Vega Touch Mira.
My husband is stuck on the road.
Generator went on by itself while we were away and ran for 23 hours.
When he got in the coach he had an error message on Vega that said G12 #1 is offline. Could not turn on any lights or the air conditioners.
Anyone have any help on this?

Always try a 12V reboot. Turn off main power by the door. (salesman switch) then I have found on the Reatta XL you need to turn the battery disconnect dial (located in the PS bay directly in front of the water tank I think that's the 3rd bay) off for one minute. That might reboot teh G12 module. Also and of course call Entegra CS.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 06:10 AM   #13

Thx. I’m new to the site. Wasn’t sure how to do it.
Stingray21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:49 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloB View Post
Does anyone know if you Can control the Vega Touch from the app when you are not in the coach? Thanks
Has Jeff said "it depends."---but in the case of our 2017, we do have pretty good connectivity to the Vegatouch via the phone, through a system called "eRVin."

details here: https://myervin.com

The system requires a (tiny) raspberry pi computer ($100-ish) and a special network cable that plugs into the control boards of the Vegatouch. The computer is so small that it easily fits in the cabinet with the control board. Powered by the network, so no need for a separate power supply.

The software is free, and it's a project by Voltdoc, who is often on this forum.

eRVin is fantastic, and I use it multiple times a day. Big kudos to Voltdoc.

In the case of our 2017 Anthem, we can control the locks, interior/exterior lights, the shades, the aquahot and pump, and see the status of the tanks. There are a few other things, like battery status and the concept of "scenes."

In addition, it connects most of that stuff to Amazon Alexa, but in our case, we've had issues getting that fully working.

If you have full-time Internet, it will work anywhere in the world to control your coach. Otherwise, it's just within the distance of the wifi of your coach. The cool thing is being able to unlock the coach in case of an emergency from anywhere.

Sadly missing are the HVAC controls--that would be really handy, but not yet available. (and may not ever be available)

The step-by-step directions are pretty easy to follow, but if you aren't really handy with computer hardware/software it might be a little overwhelming.
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote