Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2021, 06:51 AM   #15

Good advise. I am going to give them a call. Thanks all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #16

My Vega touch froze and had to replace it under warranty. It was a plug and play unit.
LimoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #17

Vega

Crazy thing , now it turns water pump by itself, froze up outside screen that shows tanks status, and light panel in bedroom goes off and on?? Dealer keeps telling me his tech is going to have telephone conference with firefly??
Not sure about all this new touch screen technology.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:46 AM   #18

They should just get rid of this stupid Vega touch. This unit has too many issues. I already replaced mine once. Entegra be better off to switch to manual controls and get rid of this fancy looking screen that is NOT reliable at all.
LimoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I’m with LimoKing here. In 5 years I never once did a 12 volt reboot on our 2016 Anthem. On our 21, I reboot 2-3 times a day at least every other week, sometimes daily.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Tim & LimoKing,
I have to disagree, so far other than being patient in software updates and making sure it loads correctly I reboot my 12v about every 3 weeks. The technology is here to stay and sometimes it gets a little buggy. I find that for the most part it is more reliable than my laptop, the remote control and access are worth the price of admission - at least for me. The hard part of this is to remember that this is just one of the networks on your coach and they all talk and play with each other. They mix old and new to make it work and sometimes it doesn't.

JP
jwprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:45 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoKing View Post
They should just get rid of this stupid Vega touch. This unit has too many issues. I already replaced mine once. Entegra be better off to switch to manual controls and get rid of this fancy looking screen that is NOT reliable at all.
What would we do parked for a week in rainy weather if we didn't have the Vega Touch to learn and figure out the bugs. At least it is all in one place. On my 14 that was manual the individual items were always broken with the Aqua Hot being the biggest. It had no computerized troubleshooting panel, we had to plug, unplug, jump wire each component to figure out what was the problem. I'll take the Vega Touch with the troubleshoot panel and a reboot every now and then. My phone I have reboot once a week or it does weird things, why not the MH? It's a computer with very unstable incoming power.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:39 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
While I wish the Vega touch was a wonderful do all, for me at least, it didn’t seem to bother me much pushing a button next to me to turn on the light near me. Instant gratification! Now I either get up and go over to the Vegatouch or dig out my phone, open the app and wait for it to load. Then I hope that it does what I was hoping for. Or I spend the next few minutes rebooting and diagnosing the problem.
On our recent arrival at Pacific Shores in Oregon the DW tried with numerous pushes to get the slides out without a response while I was hooking up utilities. Guess what happened next, yep, slides responded to every one of those pushes. Out, stop, out, stop, in, stop. You get the idea. Must of been interesting to our neighbors. Some salesman did a great job convincing Entegra/Jayco this was the answer to all our wishes and desires.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:30 AM   #23

Vega

Agree with you Tim. They rushed into touch screen. Firefly isn’t anywhere near to having this system ready for customer use in an RV. Entergra messed up on this one. Should have done a lot more testing. How long has the Vega touch screens been in Entergra’s? I’m new to them.

Safe travels all
Old 08-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Might of been 2016 it was offered as an option.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:47 PM   #25

Get used to it............ The owners are the beta testers anymore.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #26

Can someone take time to tell me about the app I need to get to control the Vega from my phone? Again new to this system. Sure doesn’t sound like they have any version that works well and getting through for support?? Dealer has been put off twice after being given a day and time? Really??
Old 08-15-2021, 08:26 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Can someone take time to tell me about the app I need to get to control the Vega from my phone? Again new to this system. Sure doesn’t sound like they have any version that works well and getting through for support?? Dealer has been put off twice after being given a day and time? Really??
If you have a newer Entegra, the app is Nebula. Five loads for $14.95. Loaded on a tablet it has the same screen as the Vega Touch. Older Entegras, $100 and that app is not that great.

I was speaking with my dealer the other day and I was informed that Firefly was only opening there phone lines 4 hours a day, every other day, Maybe that was for dealers. I though that sounded crazy as well, but it is becoming more realistic.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem