Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2021, 07:16 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Vega touch won't wake up.

I'm working away from our coach for an extended period. DW is staying in coach. Last two nights the Vega Touch panel will not wake up on touch. 12VDC hard boot seems to be working short term, but obviously not a long term solution.

Once rebooted, the unit is fine through 6 or 7 hours (till next morning). Seems like when she is out of coach for over 9 or 10 hours it locks down.

Would welcome any feed back, not sure how much trouble shooting I want to talk her through remotely.

j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2021, 07:24 AM   #2

John

I dont believe that I have heard of this complaint in roughly 8 years of haunting this forum so I think that this is not a highly common problem. Occassionally, my VegaTouch will simply not respond, but that has happened maybe 5 times in the 3+ years I have owned this coach. When it has happened in the past, like you, I rebooted the whole coach 12 volt system by shutting down the "salesman" switch right inside the door. I assume that this is what your wife has been doing.

I would suggest the obvious. Call VegaTouch and get their people on the phone. Twice now in all the years that I have had VegaTouch on board, VegaTouch engineers have had to access my coach and VegaTouch operating system remortely and then either delete over filled buffers or clear registers or make some basic changes to my operating system. I wonder if that is not what it is going to take this time. By report, talking with their software engineers has become slower over the years but I have almost always heard that they will call you back in a reasonable amount of time and then will resolve the problem.

Is your wife and the coach in an area with good cell phone coverage? My only problem with this remote access was one time I was parked way up in the mountains around Colorado Springs that had really poor cell phone coverage and no WIFI internet coverage and I had to drive to a location where I could call them, get ideas to try, drive back to my coach, try them, drive back to the top of the hill/mountain to call them again and again, but they hung in there with me through the whole process.

My advice, Get them on the phone. Sometimes, Entegra CS has the ability to get to them through a company to company phone number that cuts through the delays and that is another route that may work better.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:26 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
That would probably be best handled by Firefly and let them remote in to fix.

You will be asked for software version and if you have updated it recently. In the past I have had to look at the different module and update them manually. I would bet that it was set to auto update the software and one of the additional modules needs an update. How tech savvey is your DW?

JP
jwprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:33 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks guys, I will hit up Firefly and explain issue and situation. We have good WIFI so that is not an issue. I can remotely access system without issues.

I am 6 time zones away, so coordinating may be a hassle, but we'll work something out.

j
Old 07-08-2021, 07:46 AM   #5
Official iRV2 Sponsor

I have seen a few different issues that have caused similar symptoms, the most recent was repaired by a Vega Touch update that was performed from the built in update tool on the Vega Touch screen. Once the latest update is installed if the issue still persists we would have to dig a bit deeper into the individual components and look for one that is locking up communications on the others. If this becomes the case reach out to me and we can go through some more in depth troubleshooting or get you into one of our locations to dig a bit deeper.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
Director of Training 770-628-5966
Justin Townley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:53 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Justin, DW is away from coach now. When she returns, I will endeavor to walk her through the update tool.

That may be a share worthy event on it's own.

j
Old 07-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #7

in the meantime your wife could download the phone or tablet app and control the items from that device. She would need to have access to teh pairing screen to make initial connection but then if the main screen doesn't wake up she could access via the app.
BTW, my screen did that at initial delivery and the screen was replaced. But as a work around I unclipped the screen from the wall mount. (it just pulls out) and unplugged/replugged the connection to the screen.

All was well for a day or so much like yours.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks everyone, FF reached out with a recommendation to perform a check for updates. They believe this will resolve the situation. Interestingly enough, the unit has not locked up in a few days.

Both my wife and I have the app to control from our iPhones, which never lost operability.

DW is away from coach for a week, and I will be back to coach by end of the month so one of us will try the update selection. Most likely me.

cheers,
j