Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2023, 02:50 PM   #1

Vega update issues

Has anyone experienced a new set of issues when you updated to 1.5.14 on the Vega?
This was a fix to previous update, but seems to have created a new set of issues for me.
2021 Anthem
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2023, 03:41 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - OH Boy has it. Actually after .13 I was doing fairly well, at least by Vega standards. Now the lights are not working properly (The three memorized shortcuts have Alzheimer's and lose their memory after less than a minute, the Basic Mode doesn't work), the bath fan lid is screwy and the battery charging, which never was an issue before, now requires a manual triggering every few days. (The chassis batteries and the house batteries do not live in the same universe). After that I quite looking for issues and started looking for coaches without the word Vega on the panel.

I just imagine the fun to be had when .15 comes out!

Tom
Old 04-17-2023, 04:13 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
What new issues are you experiencing with .14? I saw here that some had the charging issues back, so I have not loaded it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 08:52 PM   #4

.14 Update

I HAD to update to .14 because the new circuit board that I replaced in the Maxxair fan would only work with version .14.
Marta1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
What new issues are you experiencing with .14? I saw here that some had the charging issues back, so I have not loaded it.
Delays when using the Vega Touch, slow responses to lights, awnings, other settings. The delays to lights is about 5 seconds, the delay to the main awnings has been 1 to 10 minutes or more.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:32 AM   #6

Just took delivery of our 23 CS and we had no maps in the NAV system. The tech here was told we needed to update. Now I have over lapping fields on the screen, have to scroll down to find all the A/C controls, the control for the cab lights doesn't work all together, etc. We're getting ready to roll out to SD and I haven't looked at the main screen up front yet. We'll see what surprises we have there shortly.
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:16 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denie View Post
Just took delivery of our 23 CS and we had no maps in the NAV system. The tech here was told we needed to update. Now I have over lapping fields on the screen, have to scroll down to find all the A/C controls, the control for the cab lights doesn't work all together, etc. We're getting ready to roll out to SD and I haven't looked at the main screen up front yet. We'll see what surprises we have there shortly.
Denie, what has NIRVC experience been with the Firefly and the recent updates? Your in a good place to get the Vega Touch sorted out with their deasler line to Firefly.

Let us know on the new Nav system in your 23 and if the updates work. Others have posted they did not work well.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:43 AM   #8

Quote:
If you got to settings, user, system, uploader and scroll down to hvac then check it and hit save and restart it will fix your overlapping hvac screen.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta1907 View Post
I HAD to update to .14 because the new circuit board that I replaced in the Maxxair fan would only work with version .14.
Same with us and it took three months for firefly to fix the circuit board problem after I had replaced them.
I also took the piece of junk vent fan Entegra put in the kitchen and installed a regular maxxair fan with a tinted lid not the smoked lid.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Has anyone experienced a new set of issues when you updated to 1.5.14 on the Vega?
This was a fix to previous update, but seems to have created a new set of issues for me.
2021 Anthem
While at the factory they update our 2021 Anthem to 1.5.14 and initially all was well and then i noticed I could not save lighting preferences. Today it is working perfectly and I have no issues at all. The tech explained how with 1.5.13 they had to back rev some of the sensors which 1.5.14 fixes. Not sure why everything is fine as i rebooted the coach a few times. When I pulled into my first overnight stop on the way from spartan and hooked up all is fine. Guess i need to go delete my previous post on the update.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambetter View Post
If you got to settings, user, system, uploader and scroll down to hvac then check it and hit save and restart it will fix your overlapping hvac screen.
Yep. The tech did just that very thing today. We left at 5am, found we had no cruise control and returned to NIRVC. Took all day and many phone calls to Spartan and Vega. They did find missing or none enabled files in the system but also there was a bad wire on the connector at the radar unit up front.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:02 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yep. The tech did just that very thing today. We left at 5am, found we had no cruise control and returned to NIRVC. Took all day and many phone calls to Spartan and Vega. They did find missing or none enabled files in the system but also there was a bad wire on the connector at the radar unit up front.
After the week I spent with Firefly on my coach with the batteries not fully charging issue, I am really concerned of their ability to control so many functions of coaches, proving they are not doing it well. I hope they never become a Rand McNally.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
After the week I spent with Firefly on my coach with the batteries not fully charging issue, I am really concerned of their ability to control so many functions of coaches, proving they are not doing it well. I hope they never become a Rand McNally.
Im not even going to bother using the NAV. This thing looks as if they used an expired Garmin patent from 1980's GPS. The font's are tiny and fuzzy when typing in an address. Resolution is that of a WYSE terminal.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:25 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
For any considering the .14 update. Today the 3 HVAC units went from heat to auto all on their own, the chassis battery had to be cajoled into charging, but the rear bath fan lid is working today. One out of three ain't bad. (Yeah, right).

Tom