Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2020, 06:49 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Vegatouch 1.3.10 available

It may not apply to older than 2019. It resolved problem I was having with proximity sense on light control panels. First time I’ve done an update. Interesting process.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Glad you brought that up, I was going to check today and do an update if needed. I had a bad storm power outage that took a toll. Lost wifi connection, the router to the vega touch and a few other items. I'll do a post later on resetting all of that as there are no instruction, it took Ted Cooks expertise to get it working.

I also have a funky light panel with the proximity sense. Never thought an update would correct that. Still learning the new coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:54 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Glad you brought that up, I was going to check today and do an update if needed. I had a bad storm power outage that took a toll. Lost wifi connection, the router to the vega touch and a few other items. I'll do a post later on resetting all of that as there are no instruction, it took Ted Cooks expertise to get it working.

I also have a funky light panel with the proximity sense. Never thought an update would correct that. Still learning the new coach.

There is a Ted Cook YouTube video on setting up connection.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:19 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
There is a Ted Cook YouTube video on setting up connection.
That is the one that has to be followed right back to the first settings plus the router and cat5 cable connection has to be rebooted. Going through the setup does not work without the reboot. Learned that the hard way. ��
Old 10-08-2020, 11:25 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Doing the update now. it is for most newer models, not only switches but a general maintenance update according to screen message. Thanks for posting about the update.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Chuck...I am sure there are a number of us waiting for you to do the update... (before we do...ha ha ha) joe
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:34 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Chuck...I am sure there are a number of us waiting for you to do the update... (before we do...ha ha ha) joe
Did the update. There are six individual switch panel updates that need to be done individually, it took some time. I had to go back to the update screen for each one.
The update did not help the tank monitor panel in the wet bay, Firefly sent an email that it needs to be replaced.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:21 PM   #8

I went and checked and there was the update waiting for me. The update was fast including the stool and bath switch update. Never knew we needed it.
Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:20 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Huffman View Post
I went and checked and there was the update waiting for me. The update was fast including the stool and bath switch update. Never knew we needed it.
Sometimes you will not see the problem on your coach, like the fan switch, but they have had problems with other coaches, so they do an update. If the updates are not kept current, when an update comes out that is needed, there might be too big of a gap on updates for the Vega Touch to accept the new one and it will lock up. I learned that one the hard way too. I am from the old school, "if it's not broke, don't fix it." Learned I cant do that with the Vega Touch.

Also, like many, I usually don't want to be the first one to download the update as some of them have been buggy. Then new addition after new addition is released to trying to fix what was broken in the first update. This time I had no choice, I was trying to correct a tank monitor. The updated did not fix the tank monitor, but it did fix the entry door switch that was funky.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Did the update. There are six individual switch panel updates that need to be done individually, it took some time. I had to go back to the update screen for each one.
The update did not help the tank monitor panel in the wet bay, Firefly sent an email that it needs to be replaced.
I did the update, but don’t see any difference in the switch panels. What should I see?
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:08 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I did the update, but don’t see any difference in the switch panels. What should I see?

Did your switch panel backlighting turn off after use and then turn on with hand proximity? That was not working consistently on mine and is now working.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:44 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
My entry switch panel was doing two things. Not lighting up when I touched it, also the master light switch was not remembering the last lights I had on when turning off the master switch when leaving. Instead it was turning all of the coach lights on when used again. Haven't checked if the master switch was corrected yet.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:46 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Did your switch panel backlighting turn off after use and then turn on with hand proximity? That was not working consistently on mine and is now working.
That is just what mine was doing, sometimes the pad lights worked, other times they did not.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #14

I'll wait a week... This is a situation where being first is probably not a good idea.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote