Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Gray tank monitor now working with the update, black tank monitor still reads Empty after back flushing for 5 minutes which should have read close to 50%. The monitor app update only fixed the Gray tank monitor on mine.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #16

My tank monitors were all over the place. Sometimes they all worked, more often just one or two, other times none. Update app installed and they all work now. Black tank sensor is a little flakey showing 20- 60% but at least it shows something. I’ll play with it some more tomorrow.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:41 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I tried back flushing the black tank again along with another 12v reboot and still no black tank monitor reading.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #18

Well, I can add to my experiences.

Today, its fairly hot in Creede, CO and I thought that I would shield the coach a bit from the sun by extending my awnings. I first tried this with the VegaTouch video panel and I got very unpredictable behavior.... sometimes it would extend the awning and then with no input from me, stop extending and start retracting spontaneously. It was frustrating to get the awnings to a safe distance.

So, no problem, I will use the wireless remote control. That was no better. Not exaggerating, I would guess that I tried to stop the front awning at a reasonable level of extension given wind conditions five or 6 times only to have awning stop the extension and reverse into retraction with no input from me. It was crazy! The back awning was a little better but both were anything other than effortless.

So, not sure if this is 1.4.7 or some other problem and have not had a chance to reboot multiple times, but not impressed so far.

Also, had all three roof blowers running to pull in fresh air and the VT software would turn none of the three off, which I eventually accomplished by rebooting

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:48 PM   #19

I downloaded 1.4.7. The app on my phone loads extremely slow.
Marta1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:54 PM   #20

Well, I have now been working with VegaTouch 1.4.7 for about a week and I sure can attest that it is NOT a step forward in software control. My systems controlled by VegaTouch operate uniquely and sometimes bizarrely. Here is an example. My two front main night shades start and stop with a 6 second delay. That is in either direction. By this I mean, I press down and nothing happens for 6 seconds and then the shade starts to move, but you now want to stop the travel at the top of the dash so you have to estimate 6 seconds before the shades hits the dash and press down again (e.g. STOP). It is now truly "FUN" to get the shades closed for evening use so people can't see me running around in my skivvies. I might have to do this process 6 or 8 times to get something correct. In contrast, the driver side shade (physically right next to the windshield shade) works the way it used to.... press to start dropping, press again when it is time to stop..... BINGO.... easy !!!

Some lights work correctly, some default to zero brightness and others stay where they were last used.... Did Firefly lose their one programmer who know how some of these modules were supposed to work?? Its like they make a change to help the black tank sensors work, but screw up my front shades..... GOOD GRIEF !! are you kidding ?

Gary
Old 08-11-2021, 05:07 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just completed the 1.4.7 update. No floor-plan specific, updates and bug fixes. One major update on my 21 was the "tank sensor app". Good thing as mine do not work at all. I will back-fill the black tank tomorrow and see if if corrected the the problem. The Nebula App loads much faster then before. The update was clean...be sure to do a 12 reboot after loading the app for everything to sync and the updates to take effect.
Hi Chuck,
We have a 21 CS B as well and our tank sensors have never worked properly. We won't have good internet until we go to NIRVC on the 17th. Perhaps off topic for this thread, but do you recommend downloading the Nebula App?
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:25 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyAnn View Post
Hi Chuck,
We have a 21 CS B as well and our tank sensors have never worked properly. We won't have good internet until we go to NIRVC on the 17th. Perhaps off topic for this thread, but do you recommend downloading the Nebula App?
Yes, the Nebula App was one of the main reasons we updated coaches. My storage is 10 miles away. First thing every morning I check the app to make sure power is on and the batteries are being charged. More than once that has saved me from dead batteries.
The Nebula app also works a a remote control. You can operate the slides from outside while you are watching that they are clearing everything. Operate everything it the coach without have to get up to go to the Vega Touch panel. Dimming and turning on light are much easier from the app the the dots on the VT screen. Best $14.99 app in the Play Store
Old 08-11-2021, 08:03 AM   #23

The app is good and well written. Worth the price. Although my coach is usually in the driveway right outside of the house, I use the app pretty much as Chuck. I turn night lights on and off also, check AC in the summer etc.

The app displays better on an iPad than it does on an iPhone, but it is handy regardless.

Gary
Old 08-12-2021, 07:46 AM   #24

Darn you guys, just started reading your posts and now my outside tank monitors are froze up?? Just recently took delivery of our 2020 Anthem 7000 miles. Vega will turn off ac and turn on Aqua heat all zones including basement by itself. Turn on water pump by itself. Master light switch in bedroom flashes off and on by itself. Got a mind of its own. This is after dealer was working with firefly and they installed an older version on the Vega which was a “proven” version. Got another appointment September 1st. LOL

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Well, I have now been working with VegaTouch 1.4.7 for about a week and I sure can attest that it is NOT a step forward in software control. My systems controlled by VegaTouch operate uniquely and sometimes bizarrely. Here is an example. My two front main night shades start and stop with a 6 second delay. That is in either direction. By this I mean, I press down and nothing happens for 6 seconds and then the shade starts to move, but you now want to stop the travel at the top of the dash so you have to estimate 6 seconds before the shades hits the dash and press down again (e.g. STOP). It is now truly "FUN" to get the shades closed for evening use so people can't see me running around in my skivvies. I might have to do this process 6 or 8 times to get something correct. In contrast, the driver side shade (physically right next to the windshield shade) works the way it used to.... press to start dropping, press again when it is time to stop..... BINGO.... easy !!!

Some lights work correctly, some default to zero brightness and others stay where they were last used.... Did Firefly lose their one programmer who know how some of these modules were supposed to work?? Its like they make a change to help the black tank sensors work, but screw up my front shades..... GOOD GRIEF !! are you kidding ?

Gary
Pfffft, my vt 1.4.4 does that. I may skip this 1.4.7 update
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Pfffft, my vt 1.4.4 does that. I may skip this 1.4.7 update
I don't have any problems with 1.4.7 that haven't been there with the other versions. One time a slide comes in by barely touching the button, next time 5 or 6 tries. For me Nebula is loading faster, 7 second from a fresh load....I'll take that and hope it stays the same for awhile.
Since the 2019 I have kept up with every upgrade since I bypassed too many and locked my system up trying to load a new update with too large of a gap. With all of the updates, they have all had bugs, I don't even worry about it anymore. If it's a really bad bug, an update will be out within a few days. This one was a tank monitor update...hope for the best as I know yours are wonky too.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I don't have any problems with 1.4.7 that haven't been there with the other versions. One time a slide comes in by barely touching the button, next time 5 or 6 tries. For me Nebula is loading faster, 7 second from a fresh load....I'll take that and hope it stays the same for awhile.
Since the 2019 I have kept up with every upgrade since I bypassed too many and locked my system up trying to load a new update with too large of a gap. With all of the updates, they have all had bugs, I don't even worry about it anymore. If it's a really bad bug, an update will be out within a few days. This one was a tank monitor update...hope for the best as I know yours are wonky too.
It's funny that you mention the "tank monitor" update. My black tank mysteriously started working at the mere talk of upgrading to .7
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:29 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
It's funny that you mention the "tank monitor" update. My black tank mysteriously started working at the mere talk of upgrading to .7
My gray tank came back after the update, but the black is still dead. Entegra is sending new monitors, but will not send the toilet update. Craziest thing I have eve heard. I am only trying to save them about $200 in dealer labor for a plug and play item and me the hassle of going to a dealer. I think I'll let them take the entire toilet instead.