Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2018, 07:59 PM   #1

Vegatouch DEAD!

Help Gary, Chuck Et al!

Dry camping tonight for my son’s first college football game tomorrow. Life was good until we popped a G6A circuit breaker. This happened once before and when I reset it everything came back up. This time, Vega touch will not come back up. I tried to reset the two inverter switches along with the generator the ship power by the door and the breakers both where the P6 breakers are in the basement as well as by the chassis batteries and nothing is brought the Vega touch back up! Please help! Called the emergency line and no one answered and I am still waiting for a callback.

Tia!

Gregg
GreggBuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2018, 08:10 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Gregg, resetting the 12v main power switch is all I know to do. I am as green to the Vega Touch as a cow pasture. Mine locked with the AC's not shutting off this week, thankfully the 12v reset brought it back.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:19 PM   #3

Chuck,

The 12 volt reset being the one by the passenger door? Tried that 3 or 4 times..no good. All is operational (a/c with manual switch, no control over temps) and audio visual..inop as well.
Hope the emergency line didn’t leave for the holiday weekend!

Gregg
Old 08-31-2018, 08:28 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Gregg, is the app on a tablet or phone dead as well? The only thing I know at this point is Firefly accessing the VT through your computer. What version of software did you have? I spoke with Firefly yesterday and they told me not to upgrade my software as they were still working on a fix. I still have 1.39. Your lockup sounds like what Gary had with 1.40.

To my knowledge there is no online fix from Firefly over the weekends. I hope I am wrong.

Yes the 12v reset is the one by the front door.
Your post got me thinking, I need to put one of my battery lanterns in the MH, the DW just told me two.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:46 PM   #5

After hours called me… He didn’t have any experience with a popped G2 breaker or whatever one popped. We did recover my A/V which is good! All I’ve lost right now is direct control over the ACs. Wish that they vegatouch would come back up to life! He said he call me tomorrow after he talks to the after hours firefly guy… Here’s hoping!

Gregg
Old 08-31-2018, 08:57 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Gregg, do you have any VT screen? If so, can you do an update?
Old 08-31-2018, 08:57 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Unfortunately, resetting will most likely not work if the VegaTouch panel is dead. As fot the iPad App, it controls the VegaTouch. The good news is that you have workarounds till you can call Firefly. They are awesome, but the timing is not in your favor. The only essential resource you don’t have a manual control is the AqquaHot. Go to the electrical bay where the AquaHot is and remove the cover the the AquaHot control circuit board by removing the 4 corner screws. Locate the two terminals on the left side of the board marked Diesel I and Diesel O. With a short wire connect to the two terminals. The Diesel will now start and work the same as if you had turned it on with the VegaTouch.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #8

No screens Chuck. We HAD iPad and iPhone connectivity for ONE day. That is/was on my fix list. Hope firefly comes through!

Gregg
Old 09-01-2018, 07:50 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, thank you for the great hot water tip. That will be saved into my "what if" file.

Gregg, please keep us new VT owners informed of what Firefly does in a situation like this. Thought about this more...I wonder if there is a way to emergency reboot through a laptop and a Firefly emergency site if the prepwave could be connected?

In the meantime I am going to prepare that if my VT goes down, it is going to be on a weekend. Emergency lighting, just learned hot water and already have a stack of DVD's.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #10

I thought they announced that all of these VT isuues were fixed on the new coaches. This is an example of why the digital dash scares me. Electronics and RVs don’t always work well together.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I thought they announced that all of these VT isuues were fixed on the new coaches. This is an example of why the digital dash scares me. Electronics and RVs don’t always work well together.
The nice part Dave is they can be fixed via wifi "if" someone is in the office. Don't have to wait for FedEx with a new screen to get back up and running. Not saying they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but fun when they work.

The digital dash is great, looks to be plug and play. I have the ATC switch to the dash out..two wires to replace the entire rotatory switch to the dash.

On the Classic I had to have the Drivers Information Center replaced once and programmed the second time just to get rid of the CEL and bogus codes. The starting time seems to be twice as fast as the classic waiting for the check engine light to go out.....this is one nice improvement for someone as impatient as I am.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #12

Gregg, can you completely deposed the coach and legit sit for a few minutes? I’m talking batteries, etc.

Sorry to hear you got bit by the tech.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
The problem as I see it is that these electronic systems are never settled enough to be completely debugged. Every year they change things which makes all new coach buyers into beta testers.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Updating over the WiFi is a great improvement, but if the panel is dead the most likely solution is a replacement. Our panel died and with a 2017 we do not have the AC bypass switches. I will resolve that. Technology is great, but backup is even better.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote