Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #1

VegaTouch iPhone -iPad app

Just wondering for you owners with 17s or 18s. I know you can control the slides from the vegatouch hallway control panel, and I think that you can control them also from a smart phone or pad. But are those apps now a free download from some server or available only through additional cost (or do you get authority to download X copies from some location as part of your purchase price). Never seen that discussed. Software used to be available only at a cost of something like $100 a throw on my ‘15.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Gary....you of all people know nothing is free! Ha ha ha, still $100
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #3

Hmmmmmmmm, not surprising Joe, but it is absolutely obscene that your purchase of a half million dollar coach (plus or minus) does not include 1 or 2 downloads of the software to the new owner . Surprising!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Hmmmmmmmm, not surprising Joe, but it is absolutely obscene that your purchase of a half million dollar coach (plus or minus) does not include 1 or 2 downloads of the software to the new owner . Surprising!

Almost exactly what I said to my dealer. All I got was a smile and the site address to download it after I paid.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #5

Let’s disccuss this further. So. It’s $ 99.00. At the App Store. Get the log in and password off the router to log in. Great. Hope it’s works. ( took me two days playing with it ). Then it works great. But you have to log in everytime you want to use it. Then if you want to use your iPad for surfing Log out and reconnect with your WiFi. Back and forth. Ho hum.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
Let’s disccuss this further. So. It’s $ 99.00. At the App Store. Get the log in and password off the router to log in. Great. Hope it’s works. ( took me two days playing with it ). Then it works great. But you have to log in everytime you want to use it. Then if you want to use your iPad for surfing Log out and reconnect with your WiFi. Back and forth. Ho hum.
These issues don’t exist if you dedicate a device to the app; it’s always available.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Also doesn’t exist if your coach is on the same router as your WiFi.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
These issues don’t exist if you dedicate a device to the app; it’s always available.
So if you dedicate a device to this app, then it cost you more than $100 for the app or the ability to us an iPad for controlling your slides etc....True? Just doesn’t make sense when you purchase something at this cost.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Also doesn’t exist if your coach is on the same router as your WiFi.
Thanks in advance for helping me understand.

So, I expect to take delivery of a 2018 Anthem 42DEQ in mid-February. I do have an old iPad 2nd Gen. that I could dedicate to the app. I've ordered the factory installed WiFi extender. I'm expecting that that iPad would typically be connected to the WiFi extender network. I'll mostly be using a Mobley or Verizon Jetpack to provide the internet connectivity.

Will I be able to install the app on more than one device (a smartphone, as an example) without having to purchase a separate app for that other device? Most apps allow a single user to install the app on several devices without purchasing separate licenses.

Will the "dedicated" iPad allow seamless web browsing, email, etc. without separately logging on/off the VegaTouch app?

Generally, what's the opinion of the functionality of the app? Although it does seem a little "petty" that there's a charge for the app, I don't really mind spending the $100 if it works well. I just don't want to drop a C note on something that really doesn't enhance the experience.

Thanks.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
I find the fact that my phone is always with me vs iPad, the phone app is more useful to me.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I find the fact that my phone is always with me vs iPad, the phone app is more useful to me.
I could see phone app as being the preferred device, as long as functionality is the same as an iPad app.

Most software/app licenses allow a single user (family) to install and use the software/all on several devices.

Is that the case with the VegaTouch app?

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I have an Entegra installed extender also, both our iPads work with the app and the internet without changing anything. iPad app and iPhone app are separate. I don’t think we would be happy with the app on a phone, too small. Also, the app only works when you’re in your coach, not when you’re away.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I have an Entegra installed extender also, both our iPads work with the app and the internet without changing anything. iPad app and iPhone app are separate. I don’t think we would be happy with the app on a phone, too small. Also, the app only works when you’re in your coach, not when you’re away.
I understand that the app only works while the device (iPad, phone, etc.) is connected to the same WiFi network as the coach. No cloud connection.

Did you have to purchase separate apps for each device? Or, does the license allow installation of several devices?

Thanks.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-06-2018, 01:46 AM   #14

The app works like most apps - you can install it on any device on your account. I have it installed on my phone and on a tablet. Additionally, the Android version is on the family plan. That means that you can designate other accounts as part of your family, and they can load it too. My wife put it on her phone without any additional charge that way.