Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #1

Vegatouch update 1.3.4 2020 question

I have a 2020 Cornerstone with Vegatouch software version 1.2.3.
Recently my grey tank has quit reading altogether, just shows 0%, which I understand was a pretty common problem with older software versions.
I’ve heard that 1.3.3. caused problems with the new Auqahot panel installed in the 2020’s (completely different then 2019), which is why I never tried it.

Does anybody know if 1.3.4. corrects the problem with the Auqahot as well as corrects the tank gauge problem? My panel is also very slow to respond, I will sometimes touch an icon and nothing happens, so I touch it again and wait, and then whatever it was will turn on then back off after it finally processes both presses of the icon. Does 1.3.4 still have that problem too?

Thanks!
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2020, 12:33 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Contact firefly directly. Have them speak to the issues. They can, if needed ,access your vegatouch remotely .574.825.4600
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
I have a 2020 Cornerstone with Vegatouch software version 1.2.3.
Recently my grey tank has quit reading altogether, just shows 0%, which I understand was a pretty common problem with older software versions.
I’ve heard that 1.3.3. caused problems with the new Auqahot panel installed in the 2020’s (completely different then 2019), which is why I never tried it.

Does anybody know if 1.3.4. corrects the problem with the Auqahot as well as corrects the tank gauge problem? My panel is also very slow to respond, I will sometimes touch an icon and nothing happens, so I touch it again and wait, and then whatever it was will turn on then back off after it finally processes both presses of the icon. Does 1.3.4 still have that problem too?

Thanks!
No 1.3.4 doesn’t do anything but fix the problems 1.3.3 caused. There was suppose to be an update a couple of weeks ago, but obviously Firefly hasn’t gotten all the problems worked out of it yet.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #4

I see on the screen when you press check for updates it says 1.3.4. is a temporary update to fix 1.3.3. issues. I’ve tried calling Firefly and just sit on hold.

Definitely a little worried to try updating as everything basically works, I’m just judging how full my grey tank “should” be based on how empty my fresh tank is.
I’ve read too many stories of “fixed one thing, broke 3 others” with software updates.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
No 1.3.4 doesn’t do anything but fix the problems 1.3.3 caused. There was suppose to be an update a couple of weeks ago, but obviously Firefly hasn’t gotten all the problems worked out of it yet.

Dealer installed 1.3.4 on my coach and it broke stuff like the salesman switch of all things -- other stuff also. They finally got that working again ... It didn't fix my tank level issues either. It appears there's a parts issue or 2 with this one. Note here, I believe the vegatouch downloads firmware onto some of these devices, tank levels being one and that can do serious damage if it fails during a download.

I'm going to have to test every vegatouch function while it's there before I take it. When I finally get it back. I know they sure won't.

Pretty cool, own a coach for 7 months and it quite literally spends 1/2 it's time in the shop. Not what I would call a stellar track record. So much for quality. My sig says it all.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
I see on the screen when you press check for updates it says 1.3.4. is a temporary update to fix 1.3.3. issues. I’ve tried calling Firefly and just sit on hold.

Definitely a little worried to try updating as everything basically works, I’m just judging how full my grey tank “should” be based on how empty my fresh tank is.
I’ve read too many stories of “fixed one thing, broke 3 others” with software updates.
1.3.4 just went back to 1.3.2. I have 1.3.4 installed and have tank reading problems same as 1.3.2. Hopefully, they will get 1.3.5 up and running before too much longer. Like I said it was suppose to be out 2-3 weeks ago.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #7

Extreme

Another possibility. A common problem is that one of the two sensing strips that is stuck to the side of your tanks and senses the amount of water/waste in each tank have been know to fall off or become detached from the tank. If one of the two sensing strips comes off the side, you will get a zero reading.

You can see those sensing strips by removing the covered wood panels in your passenger side basement bay.... the last one in front of the drive axle. Come out with a few screws. Remove that panel and make sure that the strips are anchored securely on all tanks.... if one is not, that is your problem.

Maybe you have ruled that out already.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Extreme

Another possibility. A common problem is that one of the two sensing strips that is stuck to the side of your tanks and senses the amount of water/waste in each tank have been know to fall off or become detached from the tank. If one of the two sensing strips comes off the side, you will get a zero reading.

You can see those sensing strips by removing the covered wood panels in your passenger side basement bay.... the last one in front of the drive axle. Come out with a few screws. Remove that panel and make sure that the strips are anchored securely on all tanks.... if one is not, that is your problem.

Maybe you have ruled that out already.

Gary
Gary, the 2020s have a whole different system for the tank readout.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #9

JH

How does the new system sense volume in the tanks? I knew that it was a different manufacturer.... but thought that the sensors may be the same.... You know how its done?

Gary
Old 05-20-2020, 07:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
JH

How does the new system sense volume in the tanks? I knew that it was a different manufacturer.... but thought that the sensors may be the same.... You know how its done?

Gary
There’s an array of sensors mounted on the tank. I’m certainly not saying it’s better just different.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:16 AM   #11

I didnt know the fundamental logic of sensing had changed so thanks for the information.... I knew that a different company was "supplying" the unit and the display is different, but assumed that the technology for sensing was the same (and it seems like it might be the same but using a different array of sensors to avoid some of the problems of the older system). Regardkless, thanks for the information.

Anyone out there have additional knowledge of how the sensing is done on the 20 and 21s?

Gary
Old 05-21-2020, 08:05 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
If all of the new model Vega Touch are have a problem reading tank levels, I would think software before all of the units have sensor problems.

Looks like tank monitoring is back to the Travel Supreme days, those monitors never worked either. If the bathroom stinks, the black tank needs dumping. Dump gray tank every 3 days or before doing laundry. If it backs up into the shower, you forgot.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #13

We have a 2020 Anthem and have experienced both the AquaHot, (AH), and the TruTank, (TT), tank level system issues.

The TT problem was just remedied, by Middlebury, with the replacement of the module between the tank sensors and the VegaTouch, (VT), screen. The system operates on a "sonar" like signal. It originates from the sensor, which is installed into the tank through a port, bounces off of the surface of the water, and returns to the sensor. The time this travel requires is translated into a percentage of full tank level and reported on the VT screen.

The AH issue began with the installation of VT software version 1.3.3. It was remedied through VT software changes which I believe, but don't take my word on this, was included in 1.3.4. The problem revolved around VT communication to the AH reporter, a new addition on the some 2020 models.

In each case, prior to installtion, I had contacted FireFly to get assurances we would not creat issues. So much for that idea.
2BMobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspire2BMobl View Post
We have a 2020 Anthem and have experienced both the AquaHot, (AH), and the TruTank, (TT), tank level system issues.

The TT problem was just remedied, by Middlebury, with the replacement of the module between the tank sensors and the VegaTouch, (VT), screen. The system operates on a "sonar" like signal. It originates from the sensor, which is installed into the tank through a port, bounces off of the surface of the water, and returns to the sensor. The time this travel requires is translated into a percentage of full tank level and reported on the VT screen.
In each case, prior to installtion, I had contacted FireFly to get assurances we would not creat issues. So much for that idea.
Was this module something that had to be replaced at the dealer? Do you know where it’s located? Here in Montana, we don’t have the greatest of Entegra dealers, the factory would send me parts for my old Anthem and I’d simply change them myself, I’m hoping the module would be the same way and is the problem.

Thanks!