Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2021, 12:18 PM   #29
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The 450P-RV has 100% duty cycle. The 400P-RV is 33%! The 450 is definitely the way to go!

But the other piece of the puzzle is the 400 pumps air faster! They just slow down the 450 so it generates less heat.

I bought the 400P-RV as it airs up the big 22.5 tires faster ....I only spend 5 minutes or less per tire when I need to add air a couple of times per year.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #30

We've got a Smittybilt 2781. We've had to use it several times and it's always worked flawlessly.

https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-27.../dp/B004K25GMG
RS ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:06 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Spartan Chassis
I recently got a 400rv auto based on my conversation with support. I carry it in the back of my jeep so I can also air it back up are hitting the trails. When\if you get one check the air gauge for accuracy, mind is a bit off, eg, 10 psi, so if I want to fill correctly now I know the adjustment.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
It gets tough to air up steer tires to 120 PSI but I have a multiple of options. I installed the Pressure Booster as mentioned in an early post. That will allow pressures to increase up to double if needed. That lets me use my coach air to easily fill the tires with minimal time. It also gives me oil and moisture free dry air because the coach's air dryer filters the air.

For those times when I don't want to run the coach I use a Viair 450 12 volt compressor. But I mounted it in the compartment rather than go with the alligator clips. It's controlled by a solenoid coil that I control from a dash mounted illuminated mini rocker switch. There is a pressure cutout switch so I can actually leave it on for hours if need be to ensure that my air tanks stay full when using the Hadley air leveling rather than the Equalizer jacks. I can also top off the tanks prior to departing in the morning without having to run the big diesel and wake up the neighbors. This setup also saves me the room of storing a larger pancake portable compressor.
In your picture at the top right what kind of pipe is that fitting attached to?

Is that a dryer and filter mounted on the vertical support?

For our 5th wheeler I installed a CO2 system some years back and love that to inflate and run power tools. I have the output regulated to 150 PSI so I can inflate any typical tire in short time and run power tools as desired. For the MH I just use a Viair 450 compressor unit. I installed a 20 amp 12 volt power outlet on both driver and passenger sides of the coach so I can easily plug it any time needed. The CO2 system is much faster at inflating than is the Viair 450.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

ARB also makes some great compressors. For any Jeep owners out there who want to air down for off-road and then air up when back on the pavement you can get some mounting kits from Innovative AT Products. I bought the ARB CKMTA-12 twin pump unit, which is a powerful unit. I mounted one underneath the passenger seat on our JLUR Wrangler and another beneath the passenger seat on our Gladiator. It's total out of the way and comes with a very well done mounting kit, wiring, etc. For fellow Jeepers this is a great way to have on-board air without taking up any room. This compressor by itself could also be used for a motorhome if you want to upgrade beyond the Viair units. I also have an ARB CKMP12 portable kit in tool box that I kept in out older JK Wrangler but no longer use, which would be another excellent choice for an RV owner.

https://innovativeatproducts.com/sho...-package-deal/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:51 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
In your picture at the top right what kind of pipe is that fitting attached to?

Is that a dryer and filter mounted on the vertical support?

For our 5th wheeler I installed a CO2 system some years back and love that to inflate and run power tools. I have the output regulated to 150 PSI so I can inflate any typical tire in short time and run power tools as desired. For the MH I just use a Viair 450 compressor unit. I installed a 20 amp 12 volt power outlet on both driver and passenger sides of the coach so I can easily plug it any time needed. The CO2 system is much faster at inflating than is the Viair 450.
The fitting on the top with the red air line is a quick-disconnect fitting (one of three in the basement) for the coach's auxiliary air connections. I removed the quick disconnect coupler and installed the tee. The Viair can backfeed the coach air tanks through this tee. That's assuming the brass petcock isn't closed, which I added in the event that there was a failure in the air hose.

The device in the middle is the SMS air transformer, aka air doubler, which boosts the output pressure from the coach's air supply and allows me to quickly fill those last few pound by boosting the output air pressure up to 150 PSI.

There is no air dryer or filter on the Viair supply of air, only with the coach's on-board air, which runs through the doubler.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
It gets tough to air up steer tires to 120 PSI but I have a multiple of options. I installed the Pressure Booster as mentioned in an early post. That will allow pressures to increase up to double if needed. That lets me use my coach air to easily fill the tires with minimal time. It also gives me oil and moisture free dry air because the coach's air dryer filters the air.

For those times when I don't want to run the coach I use a Viair 450 12 volt compressor. But I mounted it in the compartment rather than go with the alligator clips. It's controlled by a solenoid coil that I control from a dash mounted illuminated mini rocker switch. There is a pressure cutout switch so I can actually leave it on for hours if need be to ensure that my air tanks stay full when using the Hadley air leveling rather than the Equalizer jacks. I can also top off the tanks prior to departing in the morning without having to run the big diesel and wake up the neighbors. This setup also saves me the room of storing a larger pancake portable compressor.

For those that have a pre 2019 Cornerstone, you should pay attention to this mod. I was very limited in how I used my air self leveling since no Cornerstone pre 2019 has a compressor! There is a big difference between how I used air level between 2017, 18 and 2019! To me, the side benefit would be, you can air up tires. It’s more important to be able to air level! Why Entegra didn’t put a compressor in from the start is beyond me. JMHO but this is a great mod that makes those pre 2019 Cornerstones much better.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:50 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Ackkk... That is not a good idea. At least based on what I was told. I used to do that too untill I went to the Spartan Academy and both Big Mike and PJ said never, never, never, hook anything up to those posts. They are attached to your something or other main control module and if you hook up to it, you can short circuit that unit which is a multi thousand dollar repair. The newer coach's now have those posts hidden so no one will hook up to them. So I just use the chassis battery without the coach running and have been fine.
I guess sometimes we get conflicting information. I was at the class this week and, yes you better not use those posts for CHARGING your batteries; but they are perfectly fine for using with a Viair or other 12 volt tool. I asked that specific question when the presentation was given.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #37

I agree with Gary, safe to use the posts for the Viair per PJ.
No issues.
Anything else is a no no.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #38

+1 for the porter cable pancake.

only difference for me is the chuck. I install these on all of my inflators

Haltech chuck
Terminex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
Let me know where I can get one!

I tried mine out this weekend with the wand attachment and I let more air out than in!

While we are on the subject, I just discovered the coach air system this weekend. How do I use the system and what is the limit?
NAPA
Old 05-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #40

YES....we love the VIAIR compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkerhill View Post
Does anyone carry a Viair compressor to assist in inflating steer tires to pressures higher than the coach air system can provide? If you do carry this type of compressor, do you find it adequate, rated at 150psi, to fill steer tires to about 125 psi?
Thanks
YES...we just bought one after reading about them on camping newsletter. We have had issues with tire pressure on our 40’ Diesel Dutchstar and it worked GREAT. We store it under the bed. We’ve had to have roadside before to air up tires so the money spent on the convenience this provides is well worth it!
We bought ours off Amazon.
Mle75749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #41

120-125 pounds in steer tires? My Michelin guide says 95 pounds at my loaded axle weight. I run 100 just to be safe. Can't imagine what the ride would be like at 125 pounds.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #42

Awesome tool. Works great. Wish I’d found it sooner. Well worth the cost.
levans1788 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, compressor