Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2021, 04:43 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No need to kneel

I also got tired of kneeling. I bought a 5' whip hose and a Jaco inflator.

https://www.amazon.com/JACO-Lightning-Tire-Chuck-F-NPT/dp/B07ZHM5W91/

The inflator does not have a valve, so you need to use it with the gauge handle. Faster and easier than using the short screw-on end.
TraditionBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #44

Viair compressor

I received this item as a gift and it works great for me. However, I wish they'd come with alternate option of using 120 volts in addition to the 12V battery source. These days trucks (bed/cab) arrive with 120v which is much easier to handle. IMO.
Isy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiedad View Post
120-125 pounds in steer tires? My Michelin guide says 95 pounds at my loaded axle weight. I run 100 just to be safe. Can't imagine what the ride would be like at 125 pounds.
Some rigs are heavier than others, some owners manuals say never to air up less than the Federal weight sticker and I have found my CC with 365/70 front tires handles better with the 125 psi.
My front axle is rated for 20,000#'s but is only loaded to 18,000. Still handles better and rides fine with the 125 psi.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:11 PM   #46

Viair is OK, but I gave up on them snd got a much better one ( much faster). It’s an ExtremeAire Magnum. Check them out.
PRodacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:22 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkerhill View Post
Does anyone carry a Viair compressor to assist in inflating steer tires to pressures higher than the coach air system can provide? If you do carry this type of compressor, do you find it adequate, rated at 150psi, to fill steer tires to about 125 psi?
Thanks
I own one designed for RV's (A longer air hose, and extended inflator). It is well designed and works great. Buy one, you will thank me later
krudawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #48

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Same here for trailer tires and I can use it at home for tons of air tools in my shop.
Smick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #49

We have a Viair 88P. It goes up to 120 psi. However, it draws 20A and needs to be connected to the battery versus a cigarette lighter socket. Instead of long jumper cables, we’ve been using a cheap car battery in a Minn Koda battery box.

We just recently upgraded to a Dewalt DCC020IB 20V MAX* Corded/Cordless Air Inflator. It was $99 and uses our existing Dewalt tool batteries. It runs on three different power sources: 20V MAX* battery, 12V DC, or 110V AC. It has both a high pressure hose to inflate things like tires (160 psi maximum) and a low pressure, high volume hose to inflate things like air mattresses. The high-pressure hose has a threaded chuck. It has a place for accessories (i.e. footballs needles). You set a desired air pressure and it stops with auto-shutoff. It also has a LED light for illumination in the dark.

It is 10A, and not as fast as the Viair, but much more convenient to use.

Here's a good video on it:
Old 05-20-2021, 07:16 PM   #50

Yes

We carry the portable for our Airsteam and TV. It works very well.
hforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:16 PM   #51

Viair

I did this for about $30. Not sure why pic is sideways. Tilt your head left.
The compressor on our Accolade has pretty good volume, and coincidentally the air governor is set a little high. Cuts out at almost 130 according to dash gauge.
There was a couple unused ports on the secondary air tank. I pulled one of the pipe plugs out and ran an air line to the adjacent compartment. I can plug my 50ft Flexilla air hose in, it will reach any tire on the coach or trailer.
I turn on the TST TPMS system before breaking camp. If a tire needs a puff I can do it while the engine is warming up. Yeah, might have to tap the brake pedal to cycle the air compressor so the compressor is airing up the tire and air tanks at the same time. I use a clip-on air chuck to make things easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D8780A2C-A9CD-464D-B6B9-3130432C938B.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	551.1 KB
ID:	328961  
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:43 PM   #52

we have 6gal. 175psi compressor, love it
trigud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:08 AM   #53

i have the viair 400rv package. it's just fine for our 5th wheel that needs 110 psi. i like that it is easy to store and doesn't take a lot of space. but i do have a couple of issues with it. the analog gauge is off by about 5 psi. it doesn't natch any of the other gauges i have. and the gun just doesn't fit in my hands and is very uncomfortable to hold while inflating the tires. i solved both issues by buying a gerch digital inflation gun that fits much easier in my hand. the digital gauge that comes with the gun matches my other pressure gauges so i am confident about using it. viair also has a digital gauge that screws into the inflation gun just like the analog one. however, they will not sell the digital gauge so you can take the analog one off and screw the digital one in. they require that you buy the entire inflation gun with digital gauge!
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:31 AM   #54

I do not have a Viair compressor, however, I will be buying one shortly. Check out Techno RV for prices and support!
Old 05-21-2021, 09:40 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkerhill View Post
Does anyone carry a Viair compressor to assist in inflating steer tires to pressures higher than the coach air system can provide? If you do carry this type of compressor, do you find it adequate, rated at 150psi, to fill steer tires to about 125 psi?
Thanks
I meet a guy in Indio, Ca. in 11-2005 at a RV Park who was inflating his coach tires with a powertank.com . He was a distributor for the product. I purchased a 15# Tank and all the accessories for the use of it. I had the tank filled with Nitrogen, MY choice. It was amazing. Filled coach tires from 105# to 110# in less than -1- minute. I installed it in the coach basement, with quick disconnects, and used a 50' hose to air up the coach and toad from either side of the coach. The tank of nitrogen would last 1 to 1-1/2 years between refills, costing between 12-14$ at Gas Supply businesses around the country as we were Full Timers. I paid 495$ for it, and Sold it in Spring of 2014 for 350$. I would do it again .
saks1672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:09 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
x2 for Viair 450RV. I carry it in the basement and have needed it to air up the steer up 130 psi. Have had to change pressures when moving from warm to cold weather etc. Unite works well. I connect to towed battery with engine running.
2020 Tahoe LT
mahdi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, compressor