Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneiva View Post
The op clearly stated that he was looking for OPINIONS and in return I'm sure he learned something he was unaware of. So, why do you find the need to throw insults?

Bill

Smile Bill and have a drink
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2021, 05:17 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
No … why would you do that when there are so many experts on the forum. But what do I know….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Simple call to Entrega would end the confusion
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:47 PM   #17

Generally speaking to the question of walking on the slide, I would say "NO".

If you are installing a new topper, I would extend the slide 12" to 18". This portion of the slide roof would be supported by its attachment to the exterior wall and should support a persons weight easily. It would provide a flat surface for a person to be on to pull the topper down the tracks as a second person keeps the topper beads lined up to go in the tracks. A third person to hold the weight of the topper up as it approaches the tracks would also be helpful.

If the slide was fully extended, I think there might be risk of bending the interior side ceiling down if you stood on the roof right next to the coach. Many full slides have a long span inside without any interior support. If I thought I needed to fully extend the slide, I would put some supports on the interior.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:58 AM   #18

Just my opinion, when getting on the roof I find it much safer to put the ladder next to the slide and step on the slide then on the roof. Same thing getting off. Actually you are next to the ladder when getting on or off. I haven't been caught by the slide police... yet.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:19 AM   #19

Three people is ideal. Two to feed and one to pull as needed. We did ours with two people and ladders.
We started with our smallest slide to know what we may run into and to work out a technique. Don’t be in a hurry.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
Just my opinion, when getting on the roof I find it much safer to put the ladder next to the slide and step on the slide then on the roof. Same thing getting off. Actually you are next to the ladder when getting on or off. I haven't been caught by the slide police... yet.
Careful…..they might be watching

When I first toured the Entegra factory I was told the the slide roof was as strong as the roof of the Coach. Back then they only made Aspire, Anthem and Cornerstones motorhomes.

When we had 5th wheel trailer, I’d walk on the slides all the time to sweep them off and clean them.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:20 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
You walk on the inside of the slides. You sit in them... Typically with multiple people. If it holds there, it's going to hold on the roof!
Douglee25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
You walk on the inside of the slides. You sit in them... Typically with multiple people. If it holds there, it's going to hold on the roof!
You can’t offer common since with all the experts expounding theories
Old 10-18-2021, 05:34 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
You can’t offer common since with all the experts expounding theories
Douglee25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:52 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Careful…..they might be watching

When I first toured the Entegra factory I was told the the slide roof was as strong as the roof of the Coach. Back then they only made Aspire, Anthem and Cornerstones motorhomes.

When we had 5th wheel trailer, I’d walk on the slides all the time to sweep them off and clean them.
I see mobile wash guys that use short ladders, put the ladder next to the slide, get on the slide then on the roof. I have never seen a wash crew with a 15 foot ladder that I can recall.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:46 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Walking on the Slide

I just finished replacing the toppers on my 2015 Anthem with Stone Vos toppers. Awesome company and material. I even got a thank you card in the box.
The only reason to get on the largest slide is to clean the years of dirt. Most of my slides I didn't need to get on top at all, it was an easy reach. My largest slide, I did so I could clean under the seal. I would recommend that if you really need to go on top of yours, place a small piece of plywood under your knees or feet. when I was up there it felt a bit weak. Take a few minute to ensure you don't damage the slide.
Safe travels,
Bob
RVWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:52 PM   #26

I did stone vos on two of my slides , but thinking of going to tough top for my longer slides as i didn't like the fact of stringing the plastic cords through. it took me longer to get those plastic tubes ( PIA ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWheeler View Post
I just finished replacing the toppers on my 2015 Anthem with Stone Vos toppers. Awesome company and material. I even got a thank you card in the box.
The only reason to get on the largest slide is to clean the years of dirt. Most of my slides I didn't need to get on top at all, it was an easy reach. My largest slide, I did so I could clean under the seal. I would recommend that if you really need to go on top of yours, place a small piece of plywood under your knees or feet. when I was up there it felt a bit weak. Take a few minute to ensure you don't damage the slide.
Safe travels,
Bob
Old 10-19-2021, 04:00 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Don't fret about feeding the tube. Its not that hard. They pre feed a very strong string thru the topper material from the factory. Just tie a good clove hitch to the tube, wrap the string around the tube a few times and tape it with electrical tape. Apply a bit of silicone spray and puller her through. Easy peezy.
The quality and the materials are far superior. You wont regret Stone Vos.
RVWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
Good thought - but not necessarily a good assumption! If you know how your coach is made, GREAT! However, don't let this be your rule of thumb if you find yourself working on other coaches.

Just saying....
Bill
bneiva is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide