Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2016, 11:58 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Warranty Questions

My wife and I are looking to buy a 2017 Cornerstone in late fall or next winter. We are waiting on the new floor plan and, like Stew and Dianne, or hoping for a DEQ or DLQ or the old DLS type Cornerstone plan.

I have been discussing some issues with a friend who has a 2015 Cornerstone which raises some questions about the Entegra warranty. He had problems with the door latches and had them fixed by a mobile technician but apparently EC would not reimburse. Seems like they should.

I can understand the "call before repair" requirement, but what if you are stuck with a non driveable problem like a stuck awning or a slide that will not retract? What constitutes a "authorized repairman?" If I have a reputable shop (not Entegra dealer), which I have done business with for years on multiple coaches repair problems on my Entegra, will I get reimbursed?

I see a lot of recommendations on this board on the best Entegra dealers. My question is about service after the sale. Do I have to return to the original dealer, another Entegra dealer, or Middlebury for warranty repair? How about mobile repair? What are the determining factors for reimbursement approval?

Any clarifications on therse issues would be appreciated.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #2

Their warranty is tremendous! Your friend must not have called CS with his problem beforehand, but they are so good that I'm surprised that they denied to pay the claim. There isn't an Entegra dealer within 400 miles of my home and I have needed warranty work and CS either approves the work with the repair shop and pays them directly, or (with CS approval) I pay for the repairs and get re-imbursed by cheque from Jayco.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #3

I had a '15 Cornerstone, and I had several warranty repairs done while I owned it. I found Entegra's customer service to be top notch. As long as I kept them in the loop about what I was doing, I never had issues. I think you'll be fine going with Entegra.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcphil_98 View Post

I see a lot of recommendations on this board on the best Entegra dealers. My question is about service after the sale. Do I have to return to the original dealer, another Entegra dealer, or Middlebury for warranty repair? How about mobile repair? What are the determining factors for reimbursement approval?

Any clarifications on therse issues would be appreciated.
Just a little further clarification, I live in the Houston area, and I never took my Cornerstone back to original dealer (which as Lazy Days in Tampa) or to Middlebury. I found a service shop near Houston and had multiple repairs done there. In my case, Entegra paid the shop directly. Like I said, I just kept them in the loop about what I was going, and they were very good to deal with. I suspect you will have no issues if you go with Entegra.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I can also attest to fantastic CS. They even have a 24 hour CS number for stuck awnings, door latches etc. One of our members was stuck in the middle of nowhere Nebraska with a split Cummins part only fuel filter. The 24 hours customer service rep was able to get a filter to him, if I remember correctly, on a Sunday and get him going.

Often there is a reset trick that CS will try that works before calling a mobile service....don't ask me how I know

I have used mobile techs several times, with Entegra's approval, and the bill was paid directly by Entegra to the tech. Entegra CS is the best I have ever seen.....next to Travel Supreme
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
X4 ... I have had multiple things fixed by RV repair places that are not dealerships nor were they "authorized repair places" ... but always, and I mean always, Entegra has either paid the repair place themselves or reimbursed me. Your friend obviously didn't call customer service. And even if it is after hours, your friend should have at least sent an email informing Entegra customer service that you are getting the repair done now because it is an emergency.

If it wasn't an emergency, then he should call customer service and I'm almost 100% certain they would approve the repair.

Anyway ... you asked for personal experience and that has been my experience now for 15 months.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #7

Best warranty in the business supported by an excellent customer service team headed by Joyce Skinner.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland WA
2014 Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
I see you are in Texas, as am I (half way between San Antonio and Austin). As explained to me, Texas is a "franchise" state so repairs other than at an Entegra dealer will be out of pocket. However, if priorly approved, Entegra will promptly reimburse you. I have had work done at Evergreen RV in New Braunfels and was reimbursed within a week or so.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #9

You mentioned the DLQ floor plan. We had one and it Is a great floor plan that is still available in the Cornerstone, the 45J floor plan in the Cornerstone is the new identifier for the DLQ in a Cornerstone. Entegra is trying to move all floor plan identifiers to one letter and the DLQ was thus changed to J in the Cornerstone, still same floor plan. Entegra is great about working out to allow any qualified tech to do warranty work with approval, which is very easy to get. JMHO

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 02-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Dave:

I don't know what happened to your friend, but in our case we have an Entegra dealer about 25 miles away. I am not happy with their service, so CS told me that I could take it to a different dealer. Just make sure that you have their OK first. Having "after hours" CS makes that even easier for urgent stuff.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #11

No issues with warranty coverage on either coach we have owned. Just had the macerator hose and ac switched repaced by a Mobil tech. I coordinated the repair with CS and have had no issues. Best service in the industry in my opinion.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Dave:

I don't know what happened to your friend, but in our case we have an Entegra dealer about 25 miles away. I am not happy with their service, so CS told me that I could take it to a different dealer. Just make sure that you have their OK first. Having "after hours" CS makes that even easier for urgent stuff.
Stew, I agree, we had the same experience. We had A/C mounts that needed replacing and I asked Entegra CS if I could take it to a quilfied RV shop close to our home rather than back the our dealer 100 miles away, they authorized my request and the repair was made in less than an hour and we were on our way.
Entegra CS is the BEST!.
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #13

In summary, your friend did something very wrong....... most likely taking it upon himself to get some repair done by someone who was wanting to charge Entegra twice what they were willing to pay for service.

My coach is 13 months old and has had radiators replaced, Cummins Diesel particulate filter problems discovered and fixed, aqua-hot motors replaced, a ton of shade motors replaced, awning lights fixed, fresh water tank replaced due to a crack and 2 or 3 other issues, all repaired by someone other than the selling dealer (which, unfortunately, are often the worst places to get something fixed (its an industry problem...... all they want to do is sell, sell, sell and the manufacturers don't require them to have top notch repair facilities as a precondition to being a sales outlet...)). So, Entegra CS is very good about arranging for, and reimbursing for, repairs by mobile techs (when appropriate) and alternate service shops. If you call them, keep them in the loop, then things will happen. Now, they are not perfect either.... they forget to do things, they forget to ship things when they say they will, they ship the wrong things, etc. etc. etc., and although very good, can at times also be a big frustration, but the problem your buddy is telling you about is his problem and not Entegra's, IMO.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:26 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
We called CS on a window issue while we were on the road in North Dakota. They spent a good bit of time finding a service location in the middle of nowhere and reimbursed me for the work.

Point is the great customer service isn't just about paying for issues - it's taking care of the customer.