Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2022, 11:36 PM   #1

Washer/ dryer

Hello, our washer did the no no to the bed. Couldn’t find parts to fix it. I have bought a new washer/ dryer. Now for the fun part is taking the old ones out & replacing with the new ones. My questions is who has done this & how did they do it?? Thanks Bruce
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2022, 07:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneboy302 View Post
Hello, our washer did the no no to the bed. Couldn’t find parts to fix it. I have bought a new washer/ dryer. Now for the fun part is taking the old ones out & replacing with the new ones. My questions is who has done this & how did they do it?? Thanks Bruce
Would love to help you but have no idea what coach you have since not in the signature line and what washer /dryer you have now.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:47 AM   #3

I think Bruce has a DEQ. W/D are in his bedroom.
bevandtomH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:46 PM   #4

Washer/ dryer

hello, sorry I have a 15 Aspire deq, never learned how to put my coach in the little box on the left. Thanks again
Old 08-27-2022, 08:28 AM   #5

Bruce, was hoping, as you, someone would tell you what/how to….

I think yours is not too much different from mine.
You probably know this much….turn off breakers, turn off water, unplug W/D.

Remove access panel in your closet and disconnect water line(s), waste line. Have a towel handy. Might want to stuff a small rag into the vent stack to keep odors to a minimum.

I have a decorative wood panel below the W/D that pulls off. Remove it if you have it.

You should see a plastic strip (mine is white), holding the front of the washer in place. The screws were a little rusted and broken. I used a hole saw to drill them out and then drilled new holes to accept new wood screws.

I have a white metal plate that ties the front of the machines together, remove that.

I have a small wood front fascia above the W/D that is part of the trim. There are two(2) bungs (pull them out) that should expose the screws holding the trim piece in, it has a plywood backer. Once unscrewed, you should be able to remove the panel.

Then remove the metal angle on top of the dryer.

Not sure if there are any additional ties behind the W/D.

Pretty clear you will be removing the cabinet doors, but also pull the hardware too.

At that point, I think you would be able to lift and tilt the unit backwards to angle it out.

Pure speculation on my part about “my steps”.

Good luck.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:57 AM   #6

Bruce

I can help you with the signature section.

Click on the USER CP button near the top left of the forum page. That will take you to another window and down the left side, you will see edit signature or something similar. Click on signature editing and you will be able to add about three full lines of your equipment so that it always appears. That signature is a big help to anyone trying to understand your equipment and problems.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:15 PM   #7

Hello, working on getting my washer & dryer out of my 15 Aspire. BevanotomH helped me but have ran into a problem. Between the washer & dryer is a angle place screwed into the washer & the dryer is screwed to this. There is no room which I can see to lift the dryer above the this piece of angle. So far all I can see is slide the pair out then lift the dryer off.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #8

Bruce, where is the angle piece?
Photo?
If you want to post a photo, click it. Then when you reply, hit the paper clip icon, grab photo from your library(you can also take a photo in this mode as well). It may ask to optimize the photo, say “use this” or select the one that is preferred.

If you are talking about the angel on top of the dryer…if you remove the wood trim above(in front) of the dryer, that should give you access to it. Pull those bungs with a pliers and cloth (to keep from scratching the bungs).
Those exposed screws are holding the wood trim in place. I don’t believe it is glued so it should come out.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	376076

You can see the two bungs in the photo.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:45 AM   #9

As stated in the post above, remove the wood trim at the top of the enclosure. After removing the screws from the bracket connecting the washer and dryer together gently bend the bracket forward to allow clearance for removing the dryer....be careful here as you need to reuse the bracket if your reinstalling the same dryer later on.
Lift up and out .

Hope this helps!

John
2015 44b
jmorse1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:48 PM   #10

Washer removeable

Hello, thanks for all the help!!! Especially Jmorse1, never thought about bending down the bracket. Couldn’t think I had enough room to get above it.
Keep your fingers crossed going to tackle it on Tue. The coach goes to the mech to change oil, filters etc tomorrow.
Again thanks b.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:50 AM   #11

That was a good idea from John, thanks for the suggestion.
Bruce, Good luck and keep us posted to your progress.
Old 09-13-2022, 08:15 AM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	376269Attachment 1

Bruce, since you are pulling the cabinet doors off you might consider doing this mod.
We didn’t like having the doors swing out and away. Made it awkward at best to do laundry.
Hardware from Loews/HD. Reused some of the closures.
Now both doors swing away as one.
Old 09-13-2022, 08:17 AM   #13

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	376270

Here is the other photo. Didn’t intend on attaching two of the same.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:44 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bruce,

Please do not bend that bracket down. I just replaced my washing machine and did not have to bend it to get it accomplished. First unplug both the dryer and washer and shut the water off to the washer. When you remove the washer fill hoses make sure you label which one is hot or cold. The dryer vent also needs to be removed mine had screws holding it and was a pain in the butt to replace.

You need to remove the doors and the latches that hold the doors closed. In my case I had two ceiling lights just above the cabinet, if you have those also remove them, just remember that they are spring loaded and not finger friendly. After that I had to remove a piece of crown molding, just used a pry bar and towel to gently pull off the nails. Next you have to remove the very top trim piece this is the piece that the latches were attached to. There should be a screw on each side hidden under a wood plug. Once removed check and see if the dryer has a bracket that is glued to it and screwed to a piece of wood on the roof of the cabinet, remove screws. Mine the glue had failed so it was just sitting up there.Also remove the screws that attach the dryer to the bracket. Now with the help of someone else left the dryer up and at the same time lean the washer forward. This should give you just enough clearance to get the dryer out and over that bracket. you will need to do the same when replacing the machines. If you need more information please feel free to PM your number and I can call you. Good Luck and I Hopes this helps
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote