Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #1

Washer operation

Does anyone know of a valve that lets water in from the storage tank that opens or shuts, when I try and run washer from no city water hookup it throws a code and stops when im hooked up to city water supply it works fine. or is that the way it only will work when hooked up to city btw water tank is full when I tried it.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #2

You did not state if you had the water pump on while trying to use on board water tank. Some rvs do require operating valves to allow the pump to supply the rv when not hooked up to city water.
Spencer
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #3

yes the rv water pump was on, thx
Old 12-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Our dealer failed to turn on a valve behind our washer. They "tested" it but obviously only long enough to use up the water in the line. In a DEQ you have to remove a panel in the closet to to get at the valves, there are 2 and aren't intuitive in which way is open. I would suggest moving one, trying the washer, if that wasn't it try the other one.

Good luck!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #5

thanks bart I was back there they both went along ways with the hose that's usually open il recheck
Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
One goes opposite as I recall.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #7

hhhmmmmmm
Old 12-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #8

If your washer runs from city water the valves behind the washer aren't the problem. I would turn on the faucets in the bathroom and make sure you have water from the fresh water tank and there is no air in the system from the pump. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I've had our washer serviced three times in 12 mos. We have done perhaps 5 loads of laundry. Each time I've had to pay some service guy to remove the washer ( most a Whirlpool guys won't work on it unless it is on the floor) from the cabinet, then Whirlpool is called and the guy looks at and says "yep it's broke". They order a few parts, Wait 7-10 days. Reinstall. Try again.

So far; one door switch, one circuit board, one valve relay.

I described the whole thing to Ted Cook in Atlanta and said Entegra would be far ahead to buy a better machine or even just replace mine because their warranty cost is far higher than replacement cost. He said they had to live with Whirlpool's warranty program. I told him I had a washer in my 95 Holiday Ramblr with a twist dial control and it always worked. I told Ted I didn't want a washer that would do my taxes, I just wanted a simple machine that worked. These washers are either finicky or they built a bad batch.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We haven't had a single problem since we turned the valves correctly. We wash 10-15 loads a week while we're on the road.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Had a few go rounds with an error code but nothing since - and we've done a lot of loads also. Keeping fingers crossed!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
X2. Loading approach can yield all sorts of prelims and error codes, or, all sorts of success. DW uses regularly.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote