Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #1

Washer power on but will not Start-HELP

We have a 2018 EARLY YEAR MODEL Anthem 44B with a Whirlpool Washer.

Model#WFW3090GW

The Washer powers on as normal and you can select Washer Time and Cycle BUT when you press Start/Pause button the door locks and start up noise starts but NOTHING happens. We have turned the breaker off by the drivers seat overhead but when we power back on we are still in wash mode but washer will not start when the Start/Pause button is pressed.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Steve and Daphne
18Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2018, 05:23 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
try a reset. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rese...22-348663.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Anthem View Post
We have a 2018 EARLY YEAR MODEL Anthem 44B with a Whirlpool Washer.

Model#WFW3090GW

The Washer powers on as normal and you can select Washer Time and Cycle BUT when you press Start/Pause button the door locks and start up noise starts but NOTHING happens. We have turned the breaker off by the drivers seat overhead but when we power back on we are still in wash mode but washer will not start when the Start/Pause button is pressed.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Steve and Daphne
My washer does that if I don't have water coming into it. I once forgot to open the valves after winterizing...
Also make sure the washer door is completely shut (I don't believe that is the issue but just a reminder.)
tregal16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #4

Door is closed good we even leaned on it while trying to start.

We do have water and have never winterized this coach as of yet but thank you for the help.

We tried pressing Cancel 4X and we get the same thing.... Powers on, lets us pick cycle and makes starting tune noise but never starts filling.

Any other ideas?

Steve and Daphne
Old 12-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #5

Has happened on ours more than once. The problem is it's not always the same procedure that gets it going again. Have always started with turning it off and unplugging it, waiting awhile before unplugging it back in and starting it up. Sometimes pushing the drain, unlock button and letting that cycle, and then the startup procedure. I guess most importantly don't give up, just keep trying. By the way make sure water is turned on. Good luck.
rte154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #6

Left power off for about 10 min twice and still same everything works EXCEPT it never starts filling.

Tried just selecting “Spin” (we don’t have a Drain cycle) and still won’t Spin or Fill.

Thank you for all the help!

Any other ideas?

Steve and Daphne
Old 12-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Anthem View Post
Left power off for about 10 min twice and still same everything works EXCEPT it never starts filling.

Tried just selecting “Spin” (we don’t have a Drain cycle) and still won’t Spin or Fill.

Thank you for all the help!

Any other ideas?

Steve and Daphne

I call it washer death. Our 18 Anthem washer used less than five times “crashed and burned”. Figuratively. Had to drop off RV. Wait for Entegra to approve removal said machine and persons to come fix it and then reinstall it. A royal pita. Get it logged so you can do it in off season. Nirvc Lewisville did ours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	148AE7B0-8B1A-433D-9D4B-FCBA6EFE0A2D.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	230521  
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:20 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Steve - our unit did exactly the same thing. Pulled the bottom panel off and found the instructions for the washer with some steps that one can take for various levels of reset. Also found there is a access cleaning plug behind that panel and when I opened that up I found a automotive type fuse laying in there. Don't know if that was the problem and even after removing it the washer didn't start up and fill.

Basically I just sat in front of the washer with the manual (manual is a kind word) and went through the various steps in the manual to test and cycle anything. After about an hour of doing the same things repeatedly the washer started filling again and has worked fine now for several months. The whole process was a PITA, but with the help of a few PBR's and some choice swear words I bet you will be able to get it going again.

Good luck with yours.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:24 AM   #9

This is probably stating the obvious, but your new model washer only has one fill hose so it obviously isn’t getting the signal to open the water valve. That reset Chuck gave you was for the old pre 2018 washers. I don’t have a code to reset the new style, don’t know if there is one.
Looks the reset is touch and hold the power button for at least 3 seconds. Hope that helps.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:04 AM   #10

You have to slam the door just right. DW can't start ours only I can. It's all in the wrist, literally.

Press CANCEL and let it go to CYCLE COMPLETE mode.

Open and solidly slam the door.

Turn the cycle selector knob to OFF and then to your desired cycle.

Press and hold the START button until the green light comes.

If the WASH light comes on steady, the DOOR LOCKED light comes on stead, the DRAINING/UNLOCKING light starts flashing, and the tub turns a quarter turn YOU GOT IT.

If the WASH light starts flashing it failed start from the top.

It may take a few tries until you get the door slam just right. Think of "Fonzy". Remember a solid slam not violent or weak.

Good luck.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:31 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here's a link for the User's Manual for the Whirlpool WFW3090GW: https://manualsfile.com/product/00amm10mn.html

The troubleshooting section starts on page 25. There are several troubleshooting methods that each suggest that you "touch and hold the Power button for at least 3 seconds" to reset.

Good luck,

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #12

Thank you everyone so much for the help!! Contacted CS and thought it was bad door lock--which it still may be--but I decided to try one last time today and was able to get washer reset. I got the code RES and washer is working for the time being!!!
We will see what the future holds.

Steve & Daphne
Old 01-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Steve,

Glad that you got it working.

From the Owner's Manual:
Touch and hold until the indicator above the Program button lights up. The indicators above all the buttons will scroll from left to right as the washer turns on. Symbols appear on the control panel and sounds are played.

Touch and hold POWER button to cancel a cycle. "rES" is displayed when the cycle is canceled.

Looks like rES is a normal indication when a cycle is canceled.

Take care,
Stu

Tags
power