Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2022, 08:11 AM   #1

Washer removal

Anyone with an Anthem 44F? Our washer in our 2021 Anthem 44F has bit the dust...local techs won't work on it, unless customer removes unit from cabinet. Even with the cabinet doors and a couple trim pieces are removed I still don't see how to slide out the washer? Is this a factory only fix? Thinking that the cabinet itself has to be taken apart to access the washer and/or dryer.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2022, 08:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I can't speak precisely to the 44F floorplan but I can to the 45A floorplan because I replaced our Whirlpool units with Arristons quite a while back. Our washer and dryer were two separate units, with the dryer resting on a shelf a few inches above the washer. They were not bolted together, although some floorplans are.

I removed the tall louvered doors but I did that by removing the screws that hold the hinges to the frame because if the doors were removed by themselves the hinges would intrude into the opening, preventing the appliances from passing through the opening. The washer rests in a plastic drain pan to capture any leaks. The drain pan and washer are prevented from walking out of the cabinet by a wooden trim board at the base of the opening. I used a pocket knife to remove the round trim plugs, scraped the silicone sealant out of the holes and removed the four screws that held the trim piece to the base of the cabinet. But you still can't slide the washer and pan assembly out because there is a duckbill drain in the center of the drain pan. So I placed some 2x4 wooden blocks on the floor and lifted up the front of the washer and placed some more blocks inside the lip of the drain pan. That allowed me to walk the washer out over the lip of the pan without damaging the lip. Once it was out I could disconnect the hoses and power cord. The dryer was light enough that two guys can just lift it off of its platform. I would think that the F floorplan can't be too much different than the A?
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:48 AM   #3

To access washer, the dryer, and parts of the cabinet have to be removed, as well as the shelf the dryer sets on. To access back of washer, we will have to also, remove the shoe cabinet in the closet to access the rear panel to the washer hook ups. Pretty much have to gut that whole area. Not looking forward to that. Oh well.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Anyone with an Anthem 44F? Our washer in our 2021 Anthem 44F has bit the dust...local techs won't work on it, unless customer removes unit from cabinet. Even with the cabinet doors and a couple trim pieces are removed I still don't see how to slide out the washer? Is this a factory only fix? Thinking that the cabinet itself has to be taken apart to access the washer and/or dryer.
I had to almost remove ours to fix the drain hose. In a 44B, open the washer/dryer access panel from the closet. Remove the trim and the toilet (right in the way of course). Slide it out a bit and un-hook the supply lines and power from the access panel. The washer is heavy but with 2 people no problem (I should have taken pictures ...sorry).
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #5

As Cruzer said on the A our W was the same. Remove the doors unhook the water, electric and water and slide the washer out. I can’t imagine you would have to take the cabinet apart to remove the washer especially if the dryer sits on a shelf.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:18 PM   #6

What is it with these Whirlpool Washers? Mine just got pulled out for inspection and repair (or replacement) in my '22 44B after locking up and not working (used less than 10x). Service advisor at NIRVC stated he has seen at least 8 units with similar issues recently. Will take couple weeks for the unit to even get looked at... Back to using campground laundry for a while
Markie5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:19 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My Washer hasn’t worked since August. Took it to NIRVC and they worked with local Whirlpool tech who determined the control board was defective and no replacement control boards available or scheduled to be available.
For those who have control board failures let us know if you are able to get replacement.
The good news is that it does not affect driveability of the coach!
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 07:34 AM   #8

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ugh! I’m so sorry for the frustrations you’re experiencing with your washing machines. I know this doesn’t help a lick, but our CEO waited 9 months to get his replacement washer, after Whirlpool determined it wasn’t the control board. Luckily for him there’s a laundromat next to our facility in Lewisville [emoji6]! Hopefully, it won’t take that long for you. Trust me, Brett tried to pull every string possible to get his sooner, but to no avail [emoji53].
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal