Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Washer replacement

I have tried to search, but all I get is irrevelant posts. I have a 2014 Aspire 44B with the washer/dryer stacked in back bath over the toilet. The washer has been acting up for some time. We had it repaired at our PDI and the warranty is out by 2 months now. It is so much troube to remove, I don't want to attempt a repair, but replace it with a new one and hopefully not have to remove it again for some time. I want to know if anyone has any suggestions on removing it or any suggestions on replacements. I know I will have to remove the doors, but am wondering if it would be easier to remove the toilet also. My wife found an Electrolux with steam that gets good reviews. This Whirlpool did not fare to well so I am leery of another. Any thoughts?

James
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2016, 04:12 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If it was repaired under warranty and is still not working, I would call Entegra CS.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #3

James, what problems have you had?
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
James, what problems have you had?

This washer has been acting up for a while. It stops occasionally in the middle of a cycle, the display freezes. The door has been adjusted a couple of times because it would not start sometime unless you slammed the door. I get A10 error occasionally and have to reset it. Now it is making a strange grinding sound when the tub is turning during a wash cycle, doesn't do it during spin. It is a pain to get to behind the toilet, so I don't want to be dragging it out again for repairs. If I take it out, I want to go back with a new one and be done with it so I don't have to try to get it repaired on the road. It is only a couple years old, but out of warranty and I would rather spend money on a new one than throw money at this one. Mama ain't happy when the washer don't work. I was mainly trying to get some input on installation. I wonder if anyone has replaced theirs and if they had any tips to make it easier. The 44B has the washer beside the closet in the back bath behind the toilet.

James
Old 07-06-2016, 06:03 AM   #5

Washer replacement

We've had our coach a week now and about every third wash get the A10 error. Thinking the filter was plugged I removed the front lower panel the TP holder is attached to in order to gain access to the filter. It would appear to remove the unit, which may be the next step would require removal of the bottom panel, top face trim, plate holding washer and dryer together, and unplug/disconnect vent and hoses. It would not appear the toilet would have to be removed. Perhaps someone with experience can confirm this.

Mark
Old 07-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We had ours changed under warranty and watched the techs do the R and R. doors, top and bottom panels and they were able to get it out without removing the toilet. It took 3 machines before they got one to work. In the process they broke a piece of wood trim behind the toilet. 15 months later and numerous phone calls we are still waiting for the dealer to ship us the replacement trim. Gave up on the dealer and will have the trim replaced at our PDI in Middlebury.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ours had the same intermittent A10 errors since the day we took delivery. They were random and of course would not replicate while in for warranty repairs. It finally died six months after our warranty expired.

After being given a $500 board replacement estimate with no guarantee of it actually fixing the issue, we opted instead to replace our out of warranty washer and dryer with the Ariston models by Splendide.

They work great and despite the cost we feel we made the right choice. Getting them out, especially the washer was a task. However, we did so without removing the toilet. It just takes a pretty burly tech to make it happen.

Later on the person who we gave the washer to told us that the root cause of the error messages was a set of electric motor brushes that were stuck. Of course that was after they had replaced the alleged bad board as well.
In short, not a big fan of the OEM washers.

Hope that helps.

Jim
Old 07-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnEllen View Post
Ours had the same intermittent A10 errors since the day we took delivery. They were random and of course would not replicate while in for warranty repairs. It finally died six months after our warranty expired.

After being given a $500 board replacement estimate with no guarantee of it actually fixing the issue, we opted instead to replace our out of warranty washer and dryer with the Ariston models by Splendide.

They work great and despite the cost we feel we made the right choice. Getting them out, especially the washer was a task. However, we did so without removing the toilet. It just takes a pretty burly tech to make it happen.

Later on the person who we gave the washer to told us that the root cause of the error messages was a set of electric motor brushes that were stuck. Of course that was after they had replaced the alleged bad board as well.
In short, not a big fan of the OEM washers.

Hope that helps.

Jim
Can someone identify the OEM washer/dryer that is a problem (manufacturer and model)?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Whirlpool 7500 series washer
Old 07-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #10

Whirlpool Model WFC7500VW
Old 07-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
Whirlpool Model WFC7500VW

Thanks ... looks suspiciously like a Majestic.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #12

Mine is at the dealer right now getting washer replaced. Concrete seemed to have come loose and it was trying to beat the sidewall out. Dealer said they have had some problems with these doing this.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement