Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #1

Washing Machine

Just had a bad experiencr that turned into a good experience and thought I'd pass it along. Probably everyone knows this but me!
A few days ago my washer started showing the error code A10 when it went into the rinse cycle. We called Whirlpool and they were sending someone out Monday. Monday at 5pm they called and said they wouldn't make it. Tried to reschedule 1 1/2 weeks later. I got a little angry and they had someone come fri. I told them several times it was on an RV. Guy shows up won't work on it not allowed to take it out due to damage issues. So I called Entegra and Jacob told me how to get to the trap 5 min fix and it was loaded with stuff.
All you do is take the 3 screws out of the bottom teflon (I think) bar take a knife or small flat head screw driver and easily pry the top down, it unclips and there's a black screw of cap unscrew, pull it out and clean it out. I even made a couple $$$ from the mone in there .
The bad news is if it's more serious we have to get a mobile guy to tame it out then a repair guy to fix.
Just fyi as someone might be washer challenged like me
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I had several repairs in my former Aspire until we got the washer to work correctly. Each time I'd go thru Entegra, call Whirlpool, setup a date a few days away. Then i'd find a mobile RV repair service. I'd pay them to pull the washer (because most appliance repair companies require free access around the machine- a few will look at it in the cabinet). The Whirlpool guy would come out and check and verify what I phoned in...."yes, it's broke, I'll have to order a new board or latch...". That takes 7-10 days. Meanwhile the washer sits on the floor. Then the guy comes back 7-10 days later, installs the part, checks it. You pay him. Then you call the RV repair guy and 3-4 days later he shows up. You pay him. It takes about 3-4 weeks to do this. I had it happen 3 times in 12 months. The most convienient repair was I took my RV to a non-Entegra guy in Orlando and while they stored the RV waiting other Entegra parts the appliance guy did his thing. That only took two weeks because the RV dealer had a connection with an approved appliance repair.

I talked to Ted Cook about how each time this process costs like $300-$400 and was billed to Entegra and why don 't they just swap units after the second adventure. He said that's just the way it works with their supplied appliances.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:37 AM   #3

Actually from the service I got from A&E I would probably be lucky to get it done in 3 or 4 weeks. We use it quite a bit and would sure be a pain to go with out it that long!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for that information. I am one of those that if it will have a problem, it will be on my unit. Nice to know there is a field repair. Was error code A10 "not draining"? Thanks for sharing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
It might be useful to point out here, that the washer has a tendency to throw out error codes when it is overloaded which doesn't take much...particularly with denim jeans and towels (and especially she they get twisted as they hold more water during the spin cycle). DW has found that when she turns off, allows to drain, pulls something out or untangles stuff, and then restarts, the code clears and the washing resumes. Point being, don't try to do too much. More loads, yes, but less problems. (Not discounting that some have had repairs required, just what happened to us when the solution given was get the repairman out)
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I learned how to fix those things myself.. Far faster. I do not, however, have one in the RV.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
That may be true and I can fix nearly anything but getting that washing machine out of that tiny cabinet is a job for two young guys. With my DW, all 100 lbs of her, and myself it is impossible. Plus, if it's under warranty, I shouldn't have to do it.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:35 AM   #8

Brobox yes A10 is not draining. We removed everything from the machine and tried it in several different settings and it still wouldn't drain. This is something that should routinely be done and the only part that can be confusing is getting the bottom panel off. I just put a small screw driver in between the top and bottom panel and leveraged down slightly and the top clips pop out and remove it. The only thing there is the cap unscrew it pull it out clean it and replace. Real simple. What surprised me is the repairman didn't even suggest it.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Is that in the owners manual about cleaning and where that filter is located? Thanks for the explanation of the error code.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for this post. We got the A10 error code today and we able to get to the filter housing. Draw back, nothing was in there, clean as could be. Called CS they said a pump may be going out.

Anyone else have the A10 code with nothing inside of the filter? If so was there a fix?
Old 07-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks for this post. We got the A10 error code today and we able to get to the filter housing. Draw back, nothing was in there, clean as could be. Called CS they said a pump may be going out.

Anyone else have the A10 code with nothing inside of the filter? If so was there a fix?
Yes we have had the A 10 code with a brand new machine and the filter clean. First day out of the dealer we couldn't get washer to work. Dealer tried to fix but coudn't so they changed out 3 machines before one would work. They also damage wood panel behind toilet while r and r washer and rehung doors so they don't fully clear toilet. Dealer said they would replace broken wood panel. After numerous calls and promises from the dealer to get back to us we have never heard from them. Will have the damage repaired at Middlebury during our PDI in October. PS washer has worked fine since.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:06 PM   #12

Just dealt with the dreaded A10 error. Hooked up to full hookups and left the grey tank valve open. Been here over 2 weeks. Wife got the error today while washing clothes. First thing I did was empty and rinse black thank twice. Then filled black thank with valve closed and black tank rinse on, filled to about 70%. Then proceeded to equalize black and grey tank three times to back flush grey tank. Emptied grey tank final time and left it open. Reset washer and have now washed two loads without a problem. Will keep watch and let you know if other problems develop but this could be a partial solution......or coincidence, keeping fingers crossed.

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 07-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Wouldn't it be nice if Entegra (and others) would put the washer/dryer on a pullout slide like they do the batteries so we could get repairs done without a three-step hassle and expense?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Gene, did you stand on one foot while turning to the north? After putting everything back together, turned the circuit breaker back on, we have completed the spin cycle and a load of wash. I turned the power off twice for over a minute before removing the filter and still the A 10 code.

We have a few items that were not corrected on the PDI so I called CS and they said they would look at it if we head back. Any other feed back welcome so we have an idea of what might be the cause.