Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Washing Machine

My 2nd worse fear, the washing machine stopped working. Did first load as normal, 2nd load it won't perform. lights on, hit start button, the flashing light never stopped flashing. Whirlpool
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe try resetting power. Drop the circuit breaker, wait a bit, turn the breaker back on.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Maybe try resetting power. Drop the circuit breaker, wait a bit, turn the breaker back on.
X2 same thing happened to ours. After resetting power, hold the start button for 3 seconds then wait, it may a minute or more to start.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieRV View Post
My 2nd worse fear, the washing machine stopped working. Did first load as normal, 2nd load it won't perform. lights on, hit start button, the flashing light never stopped flashing. Whirlpool
Unlock the door (takes time but wait for it to unlock) the open and slam the door. This happens to my wife sometimes and she has to do that.

Good luck
Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #5

In our previous classic Aspire we eventually had to have a tech replace the circult board for the lock mechanism on the washer door. No problems after that.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussies View Post
In our previous classic Aspire we eventually had to have a tech replace the circult board for the lock mechanism on the washer door. No problems after that.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Bob, are you at nirvc's new facility?
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #7
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
I've seen a lot of tips and tricks that have worked for others, but I don't think I've seen this one:

Our Whirlpool washer worked fine for about the first 6-months from new then got to where it would only start some of the time - often taking as many as 5-6+ restart attempts per load. 80+% of the time it would go thru the start cycle and get to the point the "Door Locked" and "Draining" lights would go out then at about the time the water should come on the "Wash" light would come on blinking - the cycle would never start and the "Wash" light would continue to blink until we turned the knob to off, slammed the door, and tried the start cycle again.

For unknown reasons (religious, karma, alcohol, ?) one day we tried the following and it's worked for us every time for the last 6-7 months (knocking on every piece of wood in this coach...).

Knob set to "Off" and all lights off, load clothes, add soap, change wash settings as needed, close door normally (don't slam), push and hold "Start" until the green start light comes on, apply simultaneous firm presses on the door with the heel of your palms at 11-12 o'clock and 5-6 o'clock until the "Door Locked" and "Draining" red lights come on. Walk away, sit down, and sip beverage of choice. A few seconds after the "Door Locked" and "Draining" lights go out, the water will start and the cycle proceeds as it should. In addition, we always turn the knob to "Off" after each wash cycle.

Don't ask me why... ???
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #8

We're just waiting for the final CO. Todd was hoping for at least a temporary one by last Friday so he could start moving everything from their Lilburn facility to the new one in Lawrenceville, but it wasn't in by mid-afternoon. I believe the final fire Marshall one is what they're waiting for, because all the doors and windows are there and the place seems to be 99% done. We're going to have to pay for another month where we are, I'm afraid, and will move over as soon as Todd lets us know the all clear has been sounded. It's quite superior to the one in TX, having been built for a specific purpose, rather than converted from for what a former occupant used the complex. Can't wait.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Old 10-30-2016, 05:50 PM   #9

Quote:
We're just waiting for the final CO. Todd was hoping for at least a temporary one by last Friday so he could start moving everything from their Lilburn facility to the new one in Lawrenceville, but it wasn't in by mid-afternoon. I believe the final fire Marshall one is what they're waiting for, because all the doors and windows are there and the place seems to be 99% done. We're going to have to pay for another month where we are, I'm afraid, and will move over as soon as Todd lets us know the all clear has been sounded. It's quite superior to the one in TX, having been built for a specific purpose, rather than converted from for what a former occupant used the complex. Can't wait.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Bob, the one in Texas was built from the ground up. The one in Lawrenceville is larger and may appear more impressive, but they were both built from the ground up for the same purpose, to store 300 motor homes, have an outstanding concierge service and customer service second to none.

I'm sure you're aware of NIRVC's grand opening December 8-10. I'm sure it'll be outstanding, as have been their previous events.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:23 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Washing Machine Working

Thanks everyone..a combo of all your suggestions got it working again. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #11

Really? I thought Brett had told me otherwise. Must be mistaken.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Old 10-31-2016, 05:37 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
One thing they don't tell you in the owners manual is how to clear the drain filter on these washers. There is a panel along the front bottom that snaps in and out. I usually pry it off with a butter knife. Once you get it off there is a twist knob located to the right. Unscrew it and remove. Lint, coins, and god knows what else collects there. Be sure to have rags ready when you do this because there is about a pint of water that will leak out. More if it is clogged. Also make sure the is no blockage inside the pipe to the left inside the filter area. Coins collect there.
If this filter gets too clogged, it will restrict the drainage and eventually show an "A10" fault code. I clean it about once a month and no longer have issues.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Really? I thought Brett had told me otherwise. Must be mistaken.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)
Somehow the conversation probably confused the one in Texas with their present one in Lilburn Ga., that was converted from a previous user.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:12 PM   #14

Yes, the Lilburn location was a former Harley dealership, I believe.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Zipper (poodle)