Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2023, 01:44 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Washing machine not spinning

Having a problem with our washer machine not spinning. Sometimes it spins and sometimes it doesn’t. Anyone ever have this problem. Any help would be great so my wife can be happy 😂
Slambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2023, 02:03 PM   #2

Cool

Might be belt slipping if you are overloading it . Doing it with any type load or just towels ,sheets ? Check filter if not pumping out water . Lower right corner if whirlpool .
Old 02-05-2023, 02:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slambam View Post
Having a problem with our washer machine not spinning. Sometimes it spins and sometimes it doesn’t. Anyone ever have this problem. Any help would be great so my wife can be happy 😂
The make, model, and year of your rig plus the make and model of the washer would help otherwise you'll get answers from A to Z. You should add it to your signature under USER CP.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:47 PM   #4

If it’s a whirlpool, it’s probably bad and needs repaired. We are experiencing lot of issues with that washing machine. Extended warranty will cover any repairs if you are out of manufacture warranty. Contact any NIRVC service department for assistance with this repair. When it stops turning are you still hearing the motor run inside the washing machine. Does it stop during the cycle or doesn’t start at all
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 03:01 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
It spins but not fast at all. Then once in awhile it will work fine. I have a 2017 insignia and this just started happening. Wife’s not happy!!!
Slambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slambam View Post
It spins but not fast at all. Then once in awhile it will work fine. I have a 2017 insignia and this just started happening. Wife’s not happy!!!
Follow the tech testing process on page 6 of this document to get it to spin so that you can at least dry the clothes. I was ready to get a new washer/dryer last year and then it started working again. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and its not spinning on its own again. I'm going to either get new Splendide washer and dryer or maybe a Bosch. Whirlpool has been such a disappointment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Whirlpool Washer Tech Sheet (1).pdf (1.39 MB, 43 views)
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:40 AM   #7

Slow spin can also be due to clogged filter.
Remove any wood trim if need be. Including any trim that holds the washer in place at the base.
There is a removable panel at the bottom of the washer.
Pull to remove it.
You should see a black knob. Prepare for water to drain out when you twist it open. Clear out the filter. You may have to repeat this process a few times depending on how much stuff you find. The filter basket pulls out as well.
Us? Over two dollars worth of coins mostly fused together, a dog poop bag, etc.
There is also a sequence of button pushing that may help as well. I can’t find it but maybe some else can recall.
If you’ve never cleaned out that filter, that would be a good place to start.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:48 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
If the symptom is the washer runs normally for most of the cycle but won't go to high speed spin and there are no fault codes, we have had this issue several times and so far have always been able to resolve it.

1). Clean out the drain trap as already suggested. Crap in there can affect the pressure sensor readings.

2. If that doesn't work, follow the Quick Diagnostics Test starting on page 6 of the document Magic-carpet posted. Once you get into the test mode, keep pressing the cancel/drain button 2 times until you advance to Step 4. This spins the motor at full speed. If the drum doesn't spin the problem is more serious, but if the drum does spin up there is no problem with the motor or drive. You can actually use this mode to drain your clothes.

I've run this diagnostic a few times and somehow it usually fixes the problem and the high speed spin works normally again during a washer cycle.

3. Last option is to replace the pressure sensor:
https://partsdr.com/part/w11448317-w...caAv8-EALw_wcB

Wth a little dexterity, this can be done from the front of the machine. If you get to this point, let me know. I think I have some photos of the replacement process.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 05:17 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
This happens to my washer sometimes if I wash a small load (maybe one towel and a few small things) and the clothes get off-balance inside the washer when the spin cycle starts, and it will not go into fast spin. (then the contents are too wet to put into the dryer) I've stopped it, added more to the washer, ran the wash again, and it worked fine.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washer