Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Has anyone ever used one at a campground that allows washing the coach? How quick does the foam dissolve after rinsing? Just worried I would get some weird looks if I used it at a campground.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2017, 08:28 PM   #58

The soap does dissolve quickly.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:15 AM   #59

Regarding use of a pressure washer on anything you don't wish to destroy:

I use the pressure washer as a water delivery tool. It isn't used to get bug splatters, or any other specific item off of the painted surfaces. If I have something that doesn't come off with a spray of water, it clearly requires agitation with a soapy brush of some kind.

While I can certainly use the pressure washer to blast every object marring the paint. If I did, I would cause far more damage than good.

Every pressure washer seems a bit different. What I do is to trigger the wand, and then slowly move my hand into the spray from a good distance until I can feel the water hitting hard enough to tingle. I back off until the pressure isn't bombarding my nerve endings and make a note of this distance. For safety, I add a few extra inches and then use this distance as the minimum safe distance.

Ordinarily this distance is around 18-24" from things you care about.

If you're inside this distance, the chances of damage go way up. Be careful to maintain this distance even if the wand is at an angle. My DW seems to want to stand in the same place and simply moves closer to the object in order to shoot further without moving. Problem is, when she sweeps toward the object, she is now well within the minimum safe distance.

Using a pressure washer without damaging things is a learned skill.

Oh, BTW I'm getting in the habit of finding a nice rest area before parking for the night. There I can knock out my wash routine without seeking permission from the park managers.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:33 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I was looking around the web and saw this one https://www.walmart.com/ip/Foam-Lanc...t-TO/244607737 on Walmarts site. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this one and the one Chuck posted from Amazon? They look like they are built the same........When I look at the picture's of them. The soap can be bought for $27.00. Sure is a difference in the price of the guns???? Or the others on Amazon that are priced like the one on Walmarts site.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=1WUYW79T5LO5H

Old 04-01-2017, 05:12 AM   #61

I don't know what the difference is but a picture can't always tell the whole story. When I started this thread I had said my sons went in together and bought me the setup from "the chemical guys". One of my sons had already bought for himself one of the cheaper units but I'm not sure which one he bought. After playing with mine, he too bought himself one like mine because he said it worked so much better and used less soap.

There are sights on the web where the experts test waxes/sealants, buffers or in this case washing systems. These type of websites I have found to be very good at testing products and their results. The Chemical Guys are one of these sites and has a pretty good reputation.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:19 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I don't know what the difference is but a picture can't always tell the whole story. When I started this thread I had said my sons went in together and bought me the setup from "the chemical guys". One of my sons had already bought for himself one of the cheaper units but I'm not sure which one he bought. After playing with mine, he too bought himself one like mine because he said it worked so much better and used less soap.

There are sights on the web where the experts test waxes/sealants, buffers or in this case washing systems. These type of websites I have found to be very good at testing products and their results. The Chemical Guys are one of these sites and has a pretty good reputation.
Thank you Dave for your response, I have always been a believer that you get what you pay for, but when I read the reviews from those that bought those other cheaper guns, they said they work just as well as the expensive one............but you son went through this already............and bought the more expensive one. Thanks again...! I will do further research.....

Old 04-01-2017, 05:43 AM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Oh, BTW I'm getting in the habit of finding a nice rest area before parking for the night. There I can knock out my wash routine without seeking permission from the park managers.

-Matt
Exactly why I plumbed the Classic to take a hose connection by changing the shower faucet to the same type the new models now have. (I think Entegra copied Corey's mod ) I now carry a small pressure washer which makes parking lot washing a lot easier.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:45 PM   #64

Quote:
Exactly why I plumbed the Classic to take a hose connection by changing the shower faucet to the same type the new models now have. (I think Entegra copied Corey's mod ) I now carry a small pressure washer which makes parking lot washing a lot easier.
Chuck, I'm going to do the same thing. Did you use the water bay?
Old 04-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Chuck, I'm going to do the same thing. Did you use the water bay?
Dave, here is the Mod post with links. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post2567824
Old 04-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #66

On the foam canons Chemical Guys has two versions. One high pressure (800-3500psi) and the other what I'll call low pressure. The LP model works well with the smaller lower gal/min units like the inexpensive electric models (500-3500psi). Model for the LP is the EQP321. Torq Snow Foamer.

ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
4-5 washes? I get dozens out of mine.
Buddy, that depends on location. The water in my area of FL has salt intrusion and eats DI resin along with water softener resin. AZ with the high alkaline content does the same thing.

I washed in an RV park in Arkansas that had 0 PPM on the tap water. I rinsed spot free with just tap water.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #68

Quote:
Buddy, that depends on location. The water in my area of FL has salt intrusion and eats DI resin along with water softener resin. AZ with the high alkaline content does the same thing.

I washed in an RV park in Arkansas that had 0 PPM on the tap water. I rinsed spot free with just tap water.
I see
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I was at an RV center and was talking to the owner, who I knew. He showed me a motor home that had been pressure washed by someone, and that had forced water into the walls at the seams. So, they were removing the exterior panels, the insulation, drying it all out, re-insulating it and re-installing the panels.
He reminded me to never use a high pressure washer on mine.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
I was at an RV center and was talking to the owner, who I knew. He showed me a motor home that had been pressure washed by someone, and that had forced water into the walls at the seams. So, they were removing the exterior panels, the insulation, drying it all out, re-insulating it and re-installing the panels.
He reminded me to never use a high pressure washer on mine.
An Entegra does not have wall seams, it is uni-panel construction. Those that do not know how to use a pressure washer should leave it to professionals. I owned a 5 bay self service car wash for many years and feel I have enough experience to know how to wash my coach. So far for 17 years I have been successful.