Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Waste Master Stinky Slinky

Has anyone put the Waste Master hose on their Entegra at the botton 3-inch connection?
I'm wondering if there is enough clearance for the cam locks after gluing the adapter on.
Thanks

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #2

There would be no real benefit if there was room. I have a 2015 Cornerstone that. Added the wastmaster hose to it is ok but not outstanding. I later added the sanicon turbo ( I now have the 3” with the wastmaster hose and the sanicon turbo) I use the sanicon 90% of the time.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:12 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Has anyone put the Waste Master hose on their Entegra at the botton 3-inch connection?
I'm wondering if there is enough clearance for the cam locks after gluing the adapter on.
Thanks

Yes, but I used a 90 degree elbow and clear straight adapter, both with bayonet connections, to bring the camlock hose connection out to the side of the coach so it’s easy to connect the Drain Master.

It’s been there for 3 years with no issues and, no, it’s not too close to the road; it’s higher than the Aquahot exhaust.

Click image for larger version

Name:	87C1FE43-2D78-4319-BCCB-647B06124227.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	255165
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:59 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Yes, but I used a 90 degree elbow and clear straight adapter, both with bayonet connections, to bring the camlock hose connection out to the side of the coach so it’s easy to connect the Drain Master.

It’s been there for 3 years with no issues and, no, it’s not too close to the road; it’s higher than the Aquahot exhaust.

Attachment 255165

I can't do that. The whole reason I'm going to try the Waste Master is because a nipple broke off and I can't use the normal bayonet fittings. I'm concerned about the clearance for the cam locks once the adapter is glued on.

Thanks.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:07 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Ken, a bayonet fitting could glue in place of the Drain Master fitting then the cam lock can be placed wherever you like, such as Bill has done. (nice job Bill). If the clear plastic fitting needed to be removed of any reason they come off fairly easy with a chisel.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:14 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Is there a fitting I could purchase that would fit over the existing "flange" if I remove the remaining nipples? (I have to do that anyway to install the Waste Master).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ken, a bayonet fitting could glue in place of the Drain Master fitting then the cam lock can be placed wherever you like, such as Bill has done. (nice job Bill). If the clear plastic fitting needed to be removed of any reason they come off fairly easy with a chisel.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:34 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Is there a fitting I could purchase that would fit over the existing "flange" if I remove the remaining nipples? (I have to do that anyway to install the Waste Master).

If there is not enough clearance, on the inside of the clear piece, grind a little out with a drummel tool and see if it will slide on to be glued. If so, you could still use your slinky. They also make make coupling adapters that could be glued in place. Bill has shown good picture of connections.

One thing about it, you can't break it anymore, it's already broken.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Well, I went ahead and ordered the Waste Master. I've installed it on two previous coaches and liked it a lot.
The concern I have is if there will be enough room for the cam locks to close.
I will dry fit it when it gets here, and if it doesn't have the clearance, I'll just take the hit on shipping and send it back.
Fingers crossed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If there is not enough clearance, on the inside of the clear piece, grind a little out with a drummel tool and see if it will slide on to be glued. If so, you could still use your slinky. They also make make coupling adapters that could be glued in place. Bill has shown good picture of connections.

One thing about it, you can't break it anymore, it's already broken.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:18 AM   #9

Kenny, I have mine mounted directly to the waste pipe that joins the black and gray tanks.
With the tabs cut off, I had to turn the cam locks to a ‘ten and four” position to give me enough room to operate the cam locks.
It’s a little snug but I like the system. I can either leave the bay door open and drain for a quick dump of the tanks or for long term, use the waste cutout port to run the hose out in the more traditional mode.
Glad to take a photo but won’t be at the coach until tomorrow.
Hope that helps.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:20 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I can't do that. The whole reason I'm going to try the Waste Master is because a nipple broke off and I can't use the normal bayonet fittings. I'm concerned about the clearance for the cam locks once the adapter is glued on.
Does that mean you’ve determined, from Entegra or elsewhere, that the original sleeve with the bayonet fitting nipples can’t be replaced? Is just one nipple broken off?

I think Chuck is saying that using a piece like the 90 degree fitting in my photo, glue the fitting to the collar coming from the coach (only if it can’t be replaced). If you still have two nipples glue should work fine.

Important: If you glue the pieces make sure everything fits well and that you’re in a position to push the pieces together in the exact alignment you want; there’s little to no adjustment once the glued pieces are in contact for more than a few seconds.

Make sure you use the right glue; ABS is specified by Drain Master to connect the camlock fitting to the bayonet fitting with the nipples removed. I removed the nipples on the clear straight piece in my photo before glueing the camlock adapter to it.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 07-30-2019, 07:26 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Well, I certainly like the way yours is done.
I apologize for being a little dense, but to clarify, you're suggesting I can take a regular 90-degree elbow with bayonet fittings and glue it on the collar? I like where this is going.

Thanks.

Quote:
Does that mean you’ve determined, from Entegra or elsewhere, that the original sleeve with the bayonet fitting nipples can’t be replaced? Is just one nipple broken off?

I think Chuck is saying that using a piece like the 90 degree fitting in my photo, glue the fitting to the collar coming from the coach (only if it can’t be replaced). If you still have two nipples glue should work fine.

Important: If you glue the pieces make sure everything fits well and that you’re in a position to push the pieces together in the exact alignment you want; there’s little to no adjustment once the glued pieces are in contact for more than a few seconds.

Make sure you use the right glue; ABS is specified by Drain Master to connect the camlock fitting to the bayonet fitting with the nipples removed. I removed the nipples on the clear straight piece in my photo before glueing the camlock adapter to it.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I apologize for being a little dense, but to clarify, you're suggesting I can take a regular 90-degree elbow with bayonet fittings and glue it on the collar? I like where this is going.

Thanks.
Ken,

Yes, I think glueing directly to the coach collar would work. Is replacing the collar with the broken nipple out of the question?

I’ve found the best/sturdiest 90 degree fittings are these:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T1023.html

This is the clear piece I used:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T1021.html

You can’t tell from the photo, but my whole extension is slightly angled toward the back of the coach; maybe 20 degrees. That lessens the wind force against the extension when driving.

Please let me know if you need any other info.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 07-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I've sent email requesting the part, but they kept sending me pictures of the sanicon system and asking which part. I went to take a picture underneath, and decided I'd rather glue something on to the existing collar, than to try and take it apart and replace it.

Thanks again !

Quote:
Ken,

Yes, I think glueing directly to the coach collar would work. Is replacing the collar with the broken nipple out of the question?

I’ve found the best/sturdiest 90 degree fittings are these:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T1023.html

This is the clear piece I used:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T1021.html

You can’t tell from the photo, but my whole extension is slightly angled toward the back of the coach; maybe 20 degrees. That lessens the wind force against the extension when driving.

Please let me know if you need any other info.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:26 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks.
That is what I have been trying to say. Follow Bill's picture and glue your 90 on the collar. Use the extension piece like Bill's to get the cam locks where they are easy to get to.