Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Watch your Walmart Bill

I know that many of us shop at Walmart as we travel. Just found this post on Facebook from a fellow RVer and you may want to check your invoices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Walmart.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	169906

I shopped at Walmart in Clinton today. I was charged $10 for absolutely nothing. The item is JAJKET 000000000001K. I called them when I got home and was told that this is a phantom item. It randomly comes up even though it is not scanned. When I asked how long it has been happening, I was told almost 10 years. They know about this. It randomly gets added to your ticket and unless you are checking or paying attention then you pay for it without getting anything for it. Going tomorrow to get a refund. This is rediculous! They know it happens, but haven't told anyone. Told me they can't purge it from their system. When I wondered how many times this has happened to me before they seemed to not care. How many times has it happened to others? I sent an email to corperate office. Hope somebody fixes this! If I took $10 merchandise and said it was a phantom, I bet I would be seeing the inside of a jail cell! Watch your receipts! It supposedly comes up same letters and numbers every time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Watch your Walmart Bill

If you Google this you will find only 1 article, and it's from a site questioning it's authenticity.

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/phantom...ts-fact-check/
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If I wound up payng WM an extra $10, I would not be upset. It would hardly offset all the free overnght parking that they have given me and I would still be way ahead.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #4

Sounds like BS to me. If this was happening for 10 years without resolution, I am sure there is an attorney that would be looking to file a very sizable class action lawsuit.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Wonder how many people don't catch it in a day could be millions of dollars for wal mart
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #6

Hey, do you guys use WM SavingsCatcher?

I think I got back $50 so far this year.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #7

I was a manager in nine different Walmart stores in the Las Vegas area of 18.5 years and never heard of this issue before. Is it possible? Maybe. However, I'll tell you the company took such things seriously and would not simply accept it as a routine phantom charge.

Walmart has some of the most sophisticated computer systems in existence but they are operated by humans and errors do happen. This is an anomaly I would think and, if it were a routine occurrence, tremendous effort would have gone into correcting it.
Mrb1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
If you Google this you will find only 1 article, and it's from a site questioning it's authenticity.

Phantom item "jajket" appearing on Walmart receipts? Fact check - ThatsNonsense.com
I did the same thing you did and googled jajket and got the same story hit. Hard to make sense of it.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:17 PM   #9

Anyone NOT paying attention to their receipts...Walmart, Circle K, Frys Grocery, Randals, Denny's etc etc etc is overpaying.
Happens ALL the time..sometimes just a penny, sometimes a few cents.

Some of it is 'intentional' computer glitch .....1 penny X 2 million sales $20K pure profit
Some is lack of price changing due to 'specials'-----50 cents not being taken off X 2 million sales $1 million overcharge...pure profit

One should always get a receipt and CHECK IT.---no boby/no corp can be trusted anymore
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #10

RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Hey, do you guys use WM SavingsCatcher?

I think I got back $50 so far this year.

Used it for little while- have $112 waiting for me, redeemed $337 so far. I think it's great! Tend to try to save up it up for holidays!
DavenMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
cant say anything about the validity of the 10 charge being system wide.

BUT my credit union and visa watch our debit cards very closely in relation to walmart purchases
it seems the fraud folks like to buy gift cards in the 42 to 48 dollar range and this trips our fraud protection and will if using debit or credit will cause a flag and the purchase my be disallowed.
was told to try to avoid those particular dollar ranges,

cant verify what i was told, but we have been with this credit union for 12 years and they always amaze us at what they watch and get involved with.
when we travel or at home base. i like getting a call or text alert and knowing they are looking out for us
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our bank uses a system called SMS Guardian. We get a text message every time our card is used. It takes seconds after the transaction has occurred.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #13

We scrutinize ALL bills before we leave the store no matter what store it is.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
If I wound up payng WM an extra $10, I would not be upset. It would hardly offset all the free overnght parking that they have given me and I would still be way ahead.
Agree.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote