Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #1

Water entering wetbay

Hi everyone,

I wrote a thread about this issue a couple of months ago. I received a lot of good advice and potential fixes. Today I realized utilizing a garden hose, that the water is actually coming in from the crack between the wall and the slide. I did the water hose test with the bedroom slide retracted and the water was clearly coming inn high up in the wet bay. I have videos if anyone is interested.

The bulb seals around the slide look worn and needs to be replaced. Can that be done without removing the slide? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tor
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The slide seals can be replaced without removing the slide. It will just pull of and pop back on. Changing the top slide seal will require 2 people because you have to slide it on and that is a bit of work
Old 09-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
Hi everyone,

I wrote a thread about this issue a couple of months ago. I received a lot of good advice and potential fixes. Today I realized utilizing a garden hose, that the water is actually coming in from the crack between the wall and the slide. I did the water hose test with the bedroom slide retracted and the water was clearly coming inn high up in the wet bay. I have videos if anyone is interested.

The bulb seals around the slide look worn and needs to be replaced. Can that be done without removing the slide? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tor
Tor,

Would like to see those video’s.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Tor,

Would like to see those video’s.
Hi Don,

Here is the video. I just put my phone inside the wet bay while I was spraying around the bedroom slide/wall.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi Don,

Here is the video. I just put my phone inside the wet bay while I was spraying around the bedroom slide/wall.
I am trying to show the video but when I try to upload I am told “Upload not allowed”.
I am trying. Hang on

Tor
Old 09-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #6

Don, I have tried a few different ways to upload the video to the forum with no luck. I am not sure if it is too long or what the problem is. If you private message me with your phone number, I will text it to you. The video is 48 seconds long.

Thanks, Tor
Old 09-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #7

My 2017 had that problem and it turned out to be the cavity the slide goes into on the front end wasn’t sealed and water ran into wet bay anytime water was in there. With slide in look at channel under bottom of slide, that’s where it wasn’t sealed properly and it’s a direct shot to the wet bay.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
My 2017 had that problem and it turned out to be the cavity the slide goes into on the front end wasn’t sealed and water ran into wet bay anytime water was in there. With slide in look at channel under bottom of slide, that’s where it wasn’t sealed properly and it’s a direct shot to the wet bay.
I will definitely look and make sure it is sealed.

Thank you, Tor
Old 09-06-2020, 09:18 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Don, I have tried a few different ways to upload the video to the forum with no luck. I am not sure if it is too long or what the problem is. If you private message me with your phone number, I will text it to you. The video is 48 seconds long.

Thanks, Tor
I was not able to upload video either. I posted it on YouTube and posted the link here.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water