RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #15

Ya know, they might have produced a bunch of coaches before discovering the problem, and NOW they produce them differently....
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #16

This thread has seemed to assume that Entegra is not proactive about quality issues and that is just false. We assume because several coaches have had a leak in the same place that the factory has done nothing, when, in reality, it perhaps is an issue that was corrected when the first problem surfaced but there had been a number of coaches built with the problem before it was discovered. And it was likely not a problem on many coaches, just a hit or miss thing on a few that did not easily lend itself to identification for a recall. I KNOW for a fact that they had some floor tile issues, changed the installation procedure to address the problem and now do not have the problem. I suspect there is more of this goes on both at Entegra and the industry than we have any idea about but, as has been stated before these are very complicated machines with a very high price tag and our desire for perfection is often trumped by the reality of how difficult that is to obtain. Entegra mages a great product at a very reasonable price. Is it perfect, hardly, but it continues to improve and as it gets better and better, the price is edging up also. The question is, how much are we willing and cand afford to pay on our desire for perfection? All IMHO
Old 07-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with everything that Gene offers. My concern is that identification of issues that reoccur (i.e., screws missing that lead to water leaks, an awning edge that is not completely sealed...) begs for on the spot quality control, quality assurance review during the process, kaizan techniques, six sigma process improvement, or whichever quality control process you choose to reduce errors before presentation to the customer.

Maybe the company can live with the costs, but the customer is bearing some of the cost too, in terms of factory visits (diesel and time) and in confidence in their coach.

PLEASE keep in mind, I'm not pointing at just my favorite company (and I AM an Entegra fan above all others at this price point), but to the industry as a whole that seems intent on allowing the customer to identify problems that should be remedied during the production processes as they occur.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #18

Understand totally DSL and could not agree more. To costs me over a thousand dollars for diesel alone for every trip to the factory do I could use some relief. Entegra's business model with few dealers scattered across the country tends to lead to more factory visits, especially for Entegra specific problems and that costs all of us. Again IMHO
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Ya know, they might have produced a bunch of coaches before discovering the problem, and NOW they produce them differently....
I hope this is the case.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Understand totally DSL and could not agree more. To costs me over a thousand dollars for diesel alone for every trip to the factory do I could use some relief. Entegra's business model with few dealers scattered across the country tends to lead to more factory visits, especially for Entegra specific problems and that costs all of us. Again IMHO
X2 Again. It's not an excuse for Entegra or anyone else, but I hear wonderful things about the converters for Prevosts take care of issues. Point being as has been so often noted, these things are complex assemblies much of which is someone else's product. I don't think we should ESPECT problems, but we should probably be patient when we have them.

Emerson
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
This thread has seemed to assume that Entegra is not proactive about quality issues and that is just false. We assume because several coaches have had a leak in the same place that the factory has done nothing, when, in reality, it perhaps is an issue that was corrected when the first problem surfaced but there had been a number of coaches built with the problem before it was discovered. All IMHO
I truly believe that Entegra is proactive about quality issues and I also believe they have the best customer service in the industry so I was in no way attempting to bash Entegra. However.... if they have built a number of coaches that had this problem then I would think that rather than waiting for a rainy day and for a new customer to call about water inside his coach (which to me is a pretty serious issue) I would like to think that they would really be proactive and track down these coaches and correct this issue. The fact that they knew exactly where to look for the water problem says this has happened before. Maybe a memo to the dealers to have them check their inventory for this issue and correct it BEFORE the coach is delivered? To me that would be proactive. Our new coach is being delivered within two weeks and I can honestly say that if it starts leaking on a rainy day I won't be a happy camper.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
I warned MHSRV to look for the issue with their Entegras and they were going to check all they have. I had the impression from Jacob that, once discovered, they are checking the line.

I have faith in Entegra and their customer service.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I warned MHSRV to look for the issue with their Entegras and they were going to check all they have. I had the impression from Jacob that, once discovered, they are checking the line.

I have faith in Entegra and their customer service.
That is AWESOME news and exactly what we would have expected from Entegra.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #24

ummm IL DRINK TO THAT well it is 108 here and im sitting next to the pool just waiting IL Wait got all summer yep il wait. 44 DLQ by winter CHEERS mmmmm Cold Beer
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote