Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Water Leak Returned

Several months ago we had a leak under the rear sink in the 44b, and it soaked the area under the floor with the pink insulation (visible under the rear bathroom cabinet on PS). The leak was from one of the two PEX tubing black adapters that screws onto the stainless water line that runs to the sink. I used Teflon tape on the threads and the leaked stopped. For this kind of adapter, Teflon tape is not really the correct fix, as it's a seal issue inside the adapter. Well, the leaked returned again, and this time, it put so much water under the coach that it showed up in our water bay. I thought it was black or gray water when I first saw it, but then ran into the coach and checked the PEX adapter in the back. WOW! Another leak. Since we're boondocking in the Spartan parking lot in Charlotte, MI, I had to stop the leak, but it was late at night, and I still wasn't sure what to do. I opened the connector and found a yellow cone shaped seal that is a compression fit when the pieces are assembled. The narrow end of the cone had impression marks on it, so I turned the cone around and reinstalled it. The leak stopped! I believe it doesn't matter which end of the cone faces out, but I'm heading to ACE today to look for a new cone seal. I can't believe we are having all these problems...one AC replacement in Jan; a wet Spartan Y-connector that degraded the engine and caused loss of all guages in March; one water pump, one AquaHot pump (engine preheat), one Thetford toilet guillotine valve, 13 wet and lose bolts on the roof under the Dicor sealant in April; one radiator, and a kinked hose between the compressor and dryer in May. 2019 is turning out to be a struggle for our 2015 Anthem. Just have to roll with the punches!Click image for larger version

Name:	0503192115.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	244688Click image for larger version

Name:	0503192114.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	244689Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-03-22-08-13.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	244690
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You can do it, just hang in there!
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #3

I have learned to carry some 1/2" shark bite fittings. Push to play!
Old 05-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, I won't even list what has had to be replaced or repaired on my S&B since 2015, and I still have the same view I had in 15. Oh, and my 16 truck is already due for tires with only 16,800 miles on it. No matter what, it doesn't stop.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:57 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, I won't even list what has had to be replaced or repaired on my S&B since 2015, and I still have the same view I had in 15. [emoji23] Oh, and my 16 truck is already due for tires with only 16,800 miles on it. No matter what, it doesn't stop.
Chuck, you are so right, so after over 100 problems since we bought the 2015 coach that Entegra worked with us correcting, we still have a sewer smell in the half bath. Of all the problems to have to endure, this is the worst. We've done everything possible to correct, including ripping apart the wall and redirecting the improperly built vent, installed a new Studor vent, replaced the seal under the toilet, replaced the guillotine in the Thetford... I'm at the end of my rope. I've written several letters to Entegra, so still waiting on response from CS. We're about to explode. No one should have to endure this crap! Not happy!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Do you have these? They fixed my sewer smells for good.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:45 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, I here what you are saying about the sewer smell. First thing I had to take care of on the new coach, but I was lucky and the fix mentioned in the other post worked. Marc might have been trying to link these and they are sure worth a try. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40595-W.../dp/B003P64XU4
Old 05-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You will have days/weeks like this in an RV. It is part of the adventure. Accept it. SO many different systems built to lowest bidder specs and put in a shaking vibrating box and it happens. There will be plenty of times when it all works fine too.

Fattman-Litlboy
This might be the most often posted problem here. This helped a lot for us.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We also installed a 12v fan kit on our stack which is no longer made. It works so well that one can feel the air rushing down through the toilet bowl when flushing.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Jim, I here what you are saying about the sewer smell. First thing I had to take care of on the new coach, but I was lucky and the fix mentioned in the other post worked. Marc might have been trying to link these and they are sure worth a try. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40595-W.../dp/B003P64XU4
Yes, I installed this 2-yrs ago, but it did not help our situation. I believe it is a bigger issue like a blocked vent. I went to flush the toilet and the water just stayed in the toilet. I put a snake into it, no obstruction! I ran 10-ft of snake through the toilet, moved it around, pulled it in and out, and finally the waste water dumped out of the toilet. Go figure. Entegra needs to help us. We alerted them 2-yrs ago before they repaired the vent pipe in the wall, but no improvement. [emoji22]
Jim
Old 05-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I was dismayed to read this .... you sure have had your challenges over the last couple of months. Maybe it is time to consider a 2020 coach after all ... it's only money and you can't take it with you!!!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, thinking out loud, is this the 1/2 bath? There is a vacuum breaker under the sink, could this possible be stuck? It sounds like you have tried everything, maybe something will hit with someone else.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Jim, thinking out loud, is this the 1/2 bath? There is a vacuum breaker under the sink, could this possible be stuck? It sounds like you have tried everything, maybe something will hit with someone else.
Chuck, yes, I actually unscrewed the Studor vent off the stack when the liquid waste failed to drop into the Black tank. It still wouldn't drain! Ten foot of snake finally broke the vacuum after pushing it in and out. So I ask Entegra, "Why isn't my tank venting?" I had the vent rebuilt by Entegra at my 2-yr PDI, but obviously that didn't fix it. I took the mirror off the wall in the half bath today to see if I could examine their repair, but it's all sealed up. Here's the photo of the repaired wall.
JimClick image for larger version

Name:	0505191218.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	244892
Old 05-05-2019, 05:37 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, I think Lynn found the solution.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Jim, no doubt your issue does not fit the typical ones. Did you order the scope we discussed? From what you described the odor, as you suspect, is likely in the sewer vent. Given the issues you’ve had I wouldn’t be surprised if you have a bad fitting or even a break in the vent piping. If the line were plugged as you suspect, you would experience sluggish dumping. The scope has a wide enough angle to get a good wall view.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak