Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

Water leak thru AC duct

Have been running and sitting in heavy rain. In Georgia and ran air for first time. Water started running out of ac duct in drivers front living room. Removed vent a lot of water. Entegra redid roof in 2014, and can't believe roof is leaking. Caulk job is 2 inches wide on everything. Somewhere I read where a hose on ac unit could plug and possibly cause this. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Mike
2013 Anthem
whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Chances are, and especially if the ACs were not running that heavy rain came through the vent holes in the AC, filled up the tray, overflowed into the squirrel cage entry, and leaked in between the ducting and the ceiling on your return duct. Can be remedied by drilling additional 1/4 in holes in the pans of the AC (you can see which ones are accessed by the water drain put visually).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #3

Thank you so much Dave for your reply and help.

Mike
2013 Anthem
Old 12-07-2016, 12:25 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Mine leaked that way...probably not because of rain, but because of condensation and the foam had slipped on the copper tube allowing the condensation to drip into the pan next to the squirrel cage (2013 Anthem) and when I had a leak and froze up (2105 CS) which dripped into the pan the same way. I can't say there wasn't some rain that got in as in both cases there was a heavy rain at some time during the same month. Both times water came down through the return vent over the passenger chair.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had the same issue. The AC unit was not sealed down tight to the roof when I had to have it replaced. Mine was discovered when having the RV washed and the water poured in through the return ducts of the front unit.
passman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:36 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I had #1 A/C replaced last summer at a Coleman authorized shop in Denver. Entegra found on my PDI that it was not installed correctly and would have leaked had we been in a heavy rain.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #7

Air conditioner draining on wrong side.

Water from front air unit is running off passenger side instead of drivers side hose in front corner. Took cover off and some leaves in there. Cleaned them all all out. Had to stop don't know how to go further. Didn't know if cover comes off squirrel cage easily or if that is sealed, or for that matter what to look for to solve problem.
Can anyone help.

Thanks

Mike
2013 Anthem
Old 12-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Not knowing the storage history, but I would try an air gun from the drain hose going up. Could be spider of bug blockage in the drain line. I like trying the easy thing first.

Next is the coach level so it will drain properly and not off to the wrong side.

With the A/C on is the drain pump running, where is the water in the pan going?

Doing a search, looking for the pump mod, I found someone with the same problem on a 13, it was clogged drain lines. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/clog...ns-252722.html
Old 12-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #9

I just had the cover off to see if I could spot anything. Did not run air but water is coming out at the front of the unit dripping on roof. Tried air through bottom front of coach didn't do anything. Can you take that little plastic hose off and blow down through it. I guess I should have ran it and watched. We are still in transit for a couple of days and then I can do that. There are pretty big holes in the grey metal pan, but you suggest drilling more? I store the unit in my shop, ideal no dirt. Do you have to take the cover off the squirrel cage? What should I be watching when the unit is running? How Dow I know when the drain pump is running.First time problem. Coach is on jacks pretty level.
Mike
Old 12-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
The post I linked has diagnosis staring at the second post from Voltdoc. He later posted photos. All of those that posted drainage issues had 2013 Entegras and I think have the answers you are looking for.

Here is another post regarding 2013 A/C drain issues. Hope one of them helps with the problem. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/the-...rs-172094.html
Old 12-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #11

Also wondering what you are exposing if you take the cover off the squirrel cage. Is the drain line exposed? First time at this thing.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Nothing, it just sets on top. Sent you a PM, but Chuck is correct, the plastic tube could be plugged although you would see an indication of water in the tube, I think.

Or it could be the electric pump motor.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #13

My plastic tube was plugged from the factory. Took it loose at the top and shot air from the bottom, it rained saw dust plus shot a mass of wet sawdust that was packed tight three feet in the air. Hand scooped a couple of hands full of sawdust out of the tray, washed it out, put it back together. All has been good since then, drains down the tubes freely. Did the same on the back hose and got a lesser amount of debris out of it. Guess when the cut the holes in the roof they did not get the sawdust cleans out on mine. All JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 12-11-2016, 02:47 PM   #14

whitebear47
Have you checked the air conditioner hold down bolts for tightness?
(The inch/pound torque specs for those bolts are in the Owner's Manual for my roof A/C units).
I check mine once each year with one of these, (and re-tighten them if needed): 1/4 in. Drive Click Type Torque Wrench
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak