Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2020, 06:22 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Water Miser 21, not sure, others judge

Spent the first week in the 21, one person starting with a full tank of water.

I did not try to conserve water, took normal showers like I do at home, I do shut the water off while washing. No laundry, minimal dish washing, and only used the drop toilet

Tanks dumping last night
Fresh water used 50%
Gray water 80%
Black 10%

Maybe a few gallons saved. I do like the water saver shower Others will have to judge how it fits their use.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #2

Maybe I missed a previous post or something, but without knowing the size of your tanks it's hard to judge if you're saving water or not. But I am interested in what the heck is a "drop toilet" the only thing I could come up with is it's a local name for an outhouse.

theboondork.com
theboondork. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:08 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I’m a fan of the shower miser. We do a lot of dry camping and it makes me feel better not sending as much water down the drain warming up the shower. Is it gallons? Would I be able to dry camp as long without it? It’s probably not a game changer.

What I really like is that I can shut the water off during the shower and it stays the same temp. That’s not always the case with the shutoff at the shower head.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboondork. View Post
Maybe I missed a previous post or something, but without knowing the size of your tanks it's hard to judge if you're saving water or not. But I am interested in what the heck is a "drop toilet" the only thing I could come up with is it's a local name for an outhouse.

theboondork.com
It basically refers to a toilet that is located directly over the holding tank into which the waste "drops" when the toilet is flushed.

With that setup, a macerator toilet really isn't needed, although one can still be installed if the coach manufacturer or owner decides to do so.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Spent the first week in the 21, one person starting with a full tank of water.

I did not try to conserve water, took normal showers like I do at home, I do shut the water off while washing. No laundry, minimal dish washing, and only used the drop toilet

Tanks dumping last night
Fresh water used 50%
Gray water 80%
Black 10%

Maybe a few gallons saved. I do like the water saver shower Others will have to judge how it fits their use.
Save water, don't shower....
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:55 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex00 View Post
I’m a fan of the shower miser. We do a lot of dry camping and it makes me feel better not sending as much water down the drain warming up the shower. Is it gallons? Would I be able to dry camp as long without it? It’s probably not a game changer.

What I really like is that I can shut the water off during the shower and it stays the same temp. That’s not always the case with the shutoff at the shower head.
Now that I am home, I will test in a 5 gallon bucket with the new water miser shower head and see how much water savings it is.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Wow, I like that... are you say that Entegra went back to the gravity toilet for the half bath? Good for them, a big water saver!
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:09 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Wow, I like that... are you say that Entegra went back to the gravity toilet for the half bath? Good for them, a big water saver!
It has not changed on the B models. The across hall toilets have the new macerator toilets. I personally do not like the new "low water" toilets.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:18 PM   #9

Recently installed shower miser works great more than tripled the number of showers we can take when dry camping mostly by not filling gray tank so quickly . Only took 4hrs to install and $25 worth of pex pipe and shark bite fittings.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Did you take any pictures when installing it?
Old 08-19-2020, 05:48 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Now that I am home, I will test in a 5 gallon bucket with the new water miser shower head and see how much water savings it is.
Did the test in a 5 gallon bucket. Approximately 1 gallon per shower not going in the gray tank. 2 showers per day, a 5 day stay, equals 10 gallons saved going into the gray tank, or a 16% reduction.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:44 AM   #12

So there is no confusion I'm talking about the Shower Miser it's a 2 way valve installed before the Shower head and sends water back to freshwater tank while not needed at shower head keeping tankless system on while soaping up.No pictures, didn't get much interest here when I posted before install . If you follow the water lines from shower control it's a good start,it was definitely worth it, no more worrying about showers when dry camping.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:11 AM   #13

Dash a/c

Hello Chuck, I am glade you are enjoying your new 21, On your trip back to sunny Florida did you notice how the dash a/c did and if there is a improvement from the older models. Thank You Paul
Old 08-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Paul, the dash air was very good. Digital thermometer stuck in the air duct, 54*, outside temp was 98*. With the AC seats, never ran a roof air except just before parking for the night.

My 14 was like that until trip home from our PDI when the AC quit. It was on again off again until the compressor was replaced. I took the 14 to a truck shop where they fixed it right.

Tags
water