Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2022, 06:07 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Water pressure after winterizing

2013 Entegra Aspire. I remember a series of post that talk about draining possible air from the system but can’t find that. After winterizing both with air and antifreeze, I put water in the system as we are leaving on a trip. With 75 percent of water in the fresh tank, valve on city fill, pump does not stop and no water comes out anywhere. City fill works great! Wondering if there is a procedure to prime the system and have the pump properly produce water pressure. I do not believe i have a leak. With city fill on, pump stops. Thanks
Aangulo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2022, 06:36 AM   #2

Have you checked & confirmed winterization bypass valve in "normal" position and not still in winterize mode. That line feeds pump and can be source of air into the system. Other possibility is to check inlet screen (plastic housing)`on pump inlet.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:07 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Have you checked & confirmed winterization bypass valve in "normal" position and not still in winterize mode. That line feeds pump and can be source of air into the system. Other possibility is to check inlet screen (plastic housing)`on pump inlet.

Valve is ok. I will check screen. Thanks
Old 02-28-2022, 07:50 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Try running the outside shower. This helps me, with this occasional symptom.

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:03 AM   #5

With the valve on city fill the pump just recirculates the water back to the tank. Turn the valve off of city fill. I have forgotten to switch mine at times and the same problem. Most of the time my rmemberer is worse then my fogethere!
Old 02-28-2022, 09:33 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
With the valve on city fill the pump just recirculates the water back to the tank. Turn the valve off of city fill. I have forgotten to switch mine at times and the same problem. Most of the time my rmemberer is worse then my fogethere!

Thanks… maybe I was not very clear…. There are two options for the valve, city or tank fill. I used tank fill and once 75% full I changed it to city and turn off the hose. So the valve is NOT on tank fill. Is this what you mean?
Old 02-28-2022, 09:34 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Try running the outside shower. This helps me, with this occasional symptom.

Cheers!

Ran it. Same result although when on pump only, no water comes out.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:36 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Try priming the pump using the clear winterizing hose on the water pump in a bucket of water. .
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:45 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Try priming the pump using the clear winterizing hose on the water pump in a bucket of water. .

Will do.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aangulo1 View Post
Thanks… maybe I was not very clear…. There are two options for the valve, city or tank fill. I used tank fill and once 75% full I changed it to city and turn off the hose. So the valve is NOT on tank fill. Is this what you mean?
Yes, that's what I meant. You don't have the intake to the pump still turned to the winterize position yet do you? I think someone already asked.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:52 PM   #11

Turn it off city fill and try it unless you have already
Old 02-28-2022, 01:15 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
There are 2 possibilities that I can think of.

The valve on the winterizing tube may not be in the correct position. See photo.

The second possibility is the internal rubber check valve in the water pump is stuck closed and needs to be opened up to free it up. With this scenario the pump will run but no water will come out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2404DCB3-5B3B-4C2B-9BE0-B49FC1DF9F81.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	357895  

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:41 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just came from the coach. Very frustrated......

My wet bay looks like the one in the picture. The winterize valve (red left square) is just like the picture (pointing up) so my guess this means that when the pump is on, water will be suctioned via this line from the bottom up. If this valve where to point towards the celar line, then it will suction ante-freeze or water from a bucket where the other side of that line will be submerged.

The valve for the intake (inside the right red square) is vertical. Horizontal will only be to fill in the fresh tank, once filled to desired level, it should be returned to the vertical position.

So, exactly in the position described above, water is not been pushed by the pump, I cannot see any water up the vertical line where the clear line (winterizing line) is attached to. I moved the valve towards the clear line while the other side was inside a water bucket and nothing. No water is being suctioned thru the line.

I checked the pump filter and all clear!

So my only guess is that maybe the ribber check is not ok? Not sure where to check fro this.

Leaving Wednesday on a 16 hr trip (houston - daytona - 2 day trip). I guess i better carry water jugs for the wc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2107.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	357897  
Old 02-28-2022, 01:51 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aangulo1 View Post
Just came from the coach. Very frustrated......

My wet bay looks like the one in the picture. The winterize valve (red left square) is just like the picture (pointing up) so my guess this means that when the pump is on, water will be suctioned via this line from the bottom up. If this valve where to point towards the celar line, then it will suction ante-freeze or water from a bucket where the other side of that line will be submerged.

The valve for the intake (inside the right red square) is vertical. Horizontal will only be to fill in the fresh tank, once filled to desired level, it should be returned to the vertical position.

So, exactly in the position described above, water is not been pushed by the pump, I cannot see any water up the vertical line where the clear line (winterizing line) is attached to. I moved the valve towards the clear line while the other side was inside a water bucket and nothing. No water is being suctioned thru the line.

I checked the pump filter and all clear!

So my only guess is that maybe the ribber check is not ok? Not sure where to check fro this.

Leaving Wednesday on a 16 hr trip (houston - daytona - 2 day trip). I guess i better carry water jugs for the wc.
Abe,

If you have the 4008 pump the best way I found to free up the internal check valve is to remove the end of the pump with the 8 screws. The stuck rubber valve will be on the part you remove. Gently push in on the rubber valve, (about 5/8” diameter) it will have a spring in behind it.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure, winter