Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2019, 09:28 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Your 19 has the surflow 4048 which is the new high volume, constant pressure pump. I installed one on my 14 and it was nice. Upgrading your new pump might not be necessary. Year coach in your signature might let others know you already have an upgrade pump.
in this new coach the water pressure at the faucets run slow...not to bad in the shower. also,.the current pump does not run consistently when a faucet is on. not sure if pulling out the restrictors in the faucets will work to improve the pressure at faucets and run pump consistently when on????
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2019, 10:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
Mine is just forward of the slide out refrig between both compartments. It takes up very little space.Attachment 197050
I notice a metal chrome rack in picture...did you custom cut it fit for your needs? or did you find that size already fit to use?
Old 05-25-2019, 04:28 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
in this new coach the water pressure at the faucets run slow...not to bad in the shower. also,.the current pump does not run consistently when a faucet is on. not sure if pulling out the restrictors in the faucets will work to improve the pressure at faucets and run pump consistently when on????
Removing the restrictions will help. Changing pumps will not correct flow restrictors. On my 19 I have not had any problems. Also the 4048 is adjustable if the pressure is not 100%. I did adjust the one in 14, but the 19 seems fine.
I am trying to leave as many flow restrcitors in as possible. We do have a couple of places we stay and rallies that do not have water.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:06 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Has anyone used the NIRVC facility in Phoenix to do one if these installs?
We had ours installed at Cowboy's facility (NIRVC-Phoenix) about 3-yrs ago. We were their first install. Wonderful system!
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:08 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We also have Jim Robert's "motorcoachwaterfiltration.com" system and love it. It is before the fresh water tank so your tank also gets soft water. I don't think I have a bypass ... not sure why you would need one? The regen takes place around 2:00 am (when it needs to) and the regen water goes into the gray tank.
Lynn, yes, the system has a bypass. It's right on the control system...the two large valves.
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:45 AM   #48

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I notice a metal chrome rack in picture...did you custom cut it fit for your needs? or did you find that size already fit to use?
On coaches from 2017 and later the ideal place for the softener is the most forward basement compartment on the driver's side; previous years had batteries in that location. It's not a deep space, there's plenty of room and the tanks can sit right against two bulkheads, strapped lightly with a bungee cord; there's no place for them to go while the coach is moving. The tanks are easy to access and don't get in the way in other more useful basement space. Wherever you put the tanks remember you need to be able to access the salt tank periodically to add salt.

NIRVC Atlanta wanted to install in the front corner basement space on a square drain pan; we found the one below that takes up less space and brought it with us. They may be using this one now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:40 PM   #49

I dug out the flow restrictors in the bathroom faucets...all is good.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:11 AM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I dug out the flow restrictors in the bathroom faucets...all is good.
Where are they located on the new fixtures and how many? Might help someone else looking to solve that problem.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #51

Quote:
Where are they located on the new fixtures and how many? Might help someone else looking to solve that problem.
The ones I found were in the faucet spout. Only one per faucet is all I found. Removed the restrictor with help of a faucet wrench..plactic tool that usually comes with the manuals. Or pick one up at home depot...cheap.
Once it was unscrewed then dig out the restrictor, what is left is the screen...replace back into faucet and should be good to go.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:16 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The ones I found were in the faucet spout. Only one per faucet is all I found. Removed the restrictor with help of a faucet wrench..plactic tool that usually comes with the manuals. Or pick one up at home depot...cheap.
Once it was unscrewed then dig out the restrictor, what is left is the screen...replace back into faucet and should be good to go.
Nice to know it is behind the screen and faucet does not have to be removed. There is also one probably at each water inlet, but if the one behind the screen did the job, even better
Old 05-26-2019, 12:41 PM   #53

Quote:
Nice to now it is behind the screen and faucet does not have to be removed. There is also one probably at each water inlet, but if the one behind the screen did the job, even better
Once I pulled out the one...flow improved and pump didn't cycle off and on. Also was pleasantly surprised that there was no debris in the restrictor or screen. But we do use a house filter and the on board filter that came already installed with the coach.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:45 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
The Taj had Jim Robert’s full system, water softener AND deionizer, installed at NIRVC Atlanta just after their grand opening. We were the first and J.R did the install. I also wanted it valved so I could just deionize from my fresh water tank right to an outlet valve in my wet bay.

Softened Water is great. DW loves it. And the deionizer valve line up allows me to deionize water from the campground OR from my fresh water tank. (Since I don’t deionize all the water all the time.). We have washed down the coach at rest areas both in the states and Canada. I hook up my portable pressure washer and away we go! Cruzer gave me the idea!

Sure nice to have a spot free job when done.
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:11 AM   #55

I understand there is an option for a piece that will not allow the softener to regen and dump into the grey tank if the tank is to full, did any of you add that option?
We ordered a unit for our New Horizon 5th wheel and it should arrive Monday.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:21 AM   #56

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
I understand there is an option for a piece that will not allow the softener to regen and dump into the grey tank if the tank is to full, did any of you add that option?
We ordered a unit for our New Horizon 5th wheel and it should arrive Monday.
I'm not aware of this. Is it a sensor?
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water