Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
On the Go for us as well. I have it in a bay and like a previous poster have it set up to regenerate with a twist here, turn there, and good to go for another 6 weeks
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Similar to mine. What type filters do you have in the three pre medium canisters?
This is the order I'm running - all the parts are from amazon or the local hardware store -

Aquaboon 1 Micron
Express Water - Granular Activated Carbon
Express Water- Activated Carbon Block
Water softener
Aquaboon 1 Micron - in the wet bay
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
I talked to Jim last night, I am certainly interested, he told me that he can sell to me, but needed to ship it to NIRVC, so my question is, those that have the newer system, how much did NIRVC charge to install?

Thanks

I don’t know as I had Cherokee Farms in Foley, Al install mine.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
This is the order I'm running - all the parts are from amazon or the local hardware store -

Aquaboon 1 Micron
Express Water - Granular Activated Carbon
Express Water- Activated Carbon Block
Water softener
Aquaboon 1 Micron - in the wet bay
Similar to mine. Good luck with it!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:23 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
when the system regenerates, where does the water go?
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
We put the discharge line into the gray tank. Works perfect
Old 03-29-2020, 04:25 PM   #21

A few thoughts. Pay attention to grains per gallon in addition to total grain capacity. The per gallon number will tell just how much hardness will be removed from each gallon of hard water. Moving from one water source to another, you will come across a park with very hard water and another not some much. Example, KOA in Wilmington, NC nice water minimal hardness. State Fairgrounds RV Park Raleigh, water super hard. I bought a residential softener aimed to handle the hardest water. Gave up some closet space since it was too tall for the basement.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
when the system regenerates, where does the water go?
Mine doesn't need to be regenerated very often, so I just do it at home.

Simple to do, just add salt, let it sit for the prescribed time, then open the valve with the little hole and run it for 20 minutes. It's a separate outlet.

I live on 5 acres, so no problem to run the water out on the ground.

If I was a full timer, I guess it would just get regenerated when I had full hook-ups.

Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:38 PM   #23

Water softener

I have thought about the on go softener but worry about the salt down stream. I thought about putting a double filters downstream to take the salt out of the water. Also a 5 mic filter at the faucet to get the big stuff before the softerner. .
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:03 PM   #24

Foretravel Owners Club
We went with this system,with limited available space, needed something easy to store when traveling.(6" dia x 24" long)
5,000 gal before needing recharge with non iodized table salt (or so the manufacturer claims..)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191220_100125 (1).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	609.9 KB
ID:	279949   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191220_100116 (1).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	279950  

SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:15 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by philnail View Post
We have one we installed in the bay next to the aquahot bought it on amazon

[ATTACH]273870

This unit does everything and works great
I have the same unit as Philnail and works fantastic. The order took about 2 months to complete, back order on parts, not really their fault. I have been using it for the last few months and no issues, regenerates every 8 days( yes a little often, but the water in FL is awful). For the drain/flush I ran 1/2" tubing up to the mid bath sink, just before the trap. Needed to fit a brass fitting in the down tube from the sink. Oh, the unit is mounted in the front bin drivers side, so I needed to run a little more PEX for this install. Works better than i expected. I highly recommend this one, but you will need to plumb or have someone do this inside a bay. in the last 3 months of usage i have consumed 25lbs of salt pellets. Not too bad, a 40lb bag is $5. IM if you want more details or photos.
burt_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

We have the system from Jim at motorcoachwaterfiltration.com as well. We previously had a system similar to the on-the -go system but a bit larger. Technically, any system of identical size will be able to treat the same amount of water, assuming identical hardness levels, for the same amount of time until regeneration is required. The difference with my previous system was that I had to manually regenerate the system. This required removing the prefilter, inserting a pickup tube into the filter housing and filling it with salt, Then I ran the water through a sink with the stream about the size of a pencil for maybe 45 minutes. Then I removed the filter housing and pickup tuber, replaced the prefilter element and I was good to go. With Jim's system it's fully automated and is equipped with separate brine tank for the salt. You just set the hardness level on the LCD touch screen and it will regenerate all by itself whenever it needs to. The system is on a clock and we have it set to regenerate at 2:00 AM and it does this without we even hearing it regenerate or having to do anything. We also found that it uses significantly less water to regenerate because it doesn't have to flush steadily because everything is in a timed cycle.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:52 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
well I took the plunge, I bought the water softer from Jim, I also bought the roadwave pressure washing system from a different vendor. The place that I am looking at having both systems installed is on the passenger side where the pull out freezer is.

I would like to know how much extra things I may need to get.

Thank you
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:02 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

I recommend the deionizer from Jim as well. That will give you spot free rinse water for the Roadwave. You can set the Roadwave up to use either regulator softened water for washing or deionized water for rinsing simply by switching a valve.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, water