Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #1

Water tank magically filled

Hi All,

I have a 2017 Entegra Anthem and we reside in a RV resort and are hooked to city water. Our water tank the other day as sitting about 1/8 full and we had the electric pump off (typical) so we just use the city water during daily use.
I run off to work in the AM and when I got home it was completely full. We did not turn the knob to Fill tank and the electric pump was still off.
Anyone experienced this or know if there is issue I am unaware of with the plumbing?

Thanks John
mycrew143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #2

Bad check valve at the pump. That allows city water to back fill the tank
Old 10-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Same, replaced water pump, no more issues.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
In my case it was a leaky water fill selector valve. Factory added a second shutoff valve in the line tonthe tank.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I had two problems that caused the tank to fill. My city water pressure regulator connected to the hose went bad and was allowing 70 PSI of water pressure into the water lines. The check valve at the pump would not take 70 PSI and filled the tank. Once the pressure regulator was changed it ended the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #6

Mine did this, as well. Eventually, my bathroom sink spigot got clogged, and when I pulled the aerator off, there was a chunk of black plastic sheet inside, about the size of half a sticky note.

It finally let loose from the water pump check valve, worked its way to the sink, and when i pulled it out, everything worked like normal!

So yes, something to do with your checkvalve.
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #7

I've posted this before, but here goes again.
Way to determine if the tank is back filling through pump check valve, and the check valve is the problem most of the time.
Take the clear plastic hose used for winterizing and hang it outside the wet bay. Open the valve used for winterizing, one at end of clear hose, if water comes out the clear hose the water pump check valve is leaking.
If you depressurize the water system and then use the water pump to repressurize before turning on city water sometimes it will stop the leak through the pump. After you turn city water back on you can confirm whether the check valve is still leaking by above procedure. Sometimes it takes more that one time to stop bypass.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
X2, what MrUSA14 wrote.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We're full timers, and have had this same problem. We had our pump replaced under warranty. It's now doing it again, but one thing I noticed...if I run the fresh tank down a little, and switch back to the pump, the tank stops filling. Last week, Entegra told us to get a bucket of vinegar, put the clear winterizer tube in it and the outside shower end in it, and turn on the pump for 30 minutes. The vinegar will circulate in this loop. This will reduce any calcium buildup in the pump's check valve. CS said this corrects most of the issues. They said 9 out of 10 see it problem resolved. Another solution is to add a check valve between the pump and fresh tank. I bought the check valve, but have not installed it yet. Happy camping!
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
We're full timers, and have had this same problem. We had our pump replaced under warranty. It's now doing it again, but one thing I noticed...if I run the fresh tank down a little, and switch back to the pump, the tank stops filling. Last week, Entegra told us to get a bucket of vinegar, put the clear winterizer tube in it and the outside shower end in it, and turn on the pump for 30 minutes. The vinegar will circulate in this loop. This will reduce any calcium buildup in the pump's check valve. CS said this corrects most of the issues. They said 9 out of 10 see it problem resolved. Another solution is to add a check valve between the pump and fresh tank. I bought the check valve, but have not installed it yet. Happy camping!
I think they're smoking the funny stuff.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #11

I replaced my original pump with 4048 and had same check valve failure on brand new pump. I already have a Shark bite valve added to factory valve. So I added the Shark bite check valve to the pump outlet line and no more issues.

Do not splice check valve to intake side of pump like Entegra suggested because the pump does not generate enough suction to open valve.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks. The check valve we purchased last week is the brass SharkBite 1/2 x 1/2, p/n 864034.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
Thanks. The check valve we purchased last week is the brass SharkBite 1/2 x 1/2, p/n 864034.
Right one.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:25 AM   #14

Where did you purchase the sharkBite 1/2 x 1/2, p/n 864034 valve?
Trapper56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, tank, water