Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2021, 03:56 AM   #1

Water temperature.

We have a 21 Anthem , does anyone know where or if the temperature setting can be changed on the electric water heater. The one in this coach does not make the water as hot as the one in our 16 Anthem and we would like to set it hotter if possible. Thank you for any responses.....Alan..
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2021, 04:01 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Ditto on the heat. We also had a 16 and the electric hot water on our 21 is not as hot.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:13 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Is that at all faucets or just the shower? If all faucets, the mixing valve is on the back side of the Aqua hot needs to be turned up slightly. Mark where you stated from, those valve are touchy.
If only the shower, the anti scald restrictor inside of the shower faucet needs to be removed. Not sure how it is in the new modes, but the Classic had a red plastic ring that was removed.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

If it's just the shower, Chuck's fix should do it for you. If it's every fixture in the coach then you need to adjust the tempering valve on the water heater. The tempering valve is a large nylon knob mounted on the backside of the Aqua-Hot boiler. It is basically a mixing valve the tempers the temperature of the hot water output by mixing it with cold water to prevent scalding. You can turn that knob to raise or lower the temperature of the domestic hot water. There should be a yellow "lawyer's" tag on it warning you about scalding yourself if you go too far.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:06 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The lower temperature haven’t posed too big of a problem for us. We typically get by on just the electric hot water. January in Florida was downright chilly and we just needed to remember to turn on the diesel heat.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
If it's just the shower, Chuck's fix should do it for you. If it's every fixture in the coach then you need to adjust the tempering valve on the water heater. The tempering valve is a large nylon knob mounted on the backside of the Aqua-Hot boiler. It is basically a mixing valve the tempers the temperature of the hot water output by mixing it with cold water to prevent scalding. You can turn that knob to raise or lower the temperature of the domestic hot water. There should be a yellow "lawyer's" tag on it warning you about scalding yourself if you go too far.
I see and understand where that valve is but I am not sure how to get to it. Our 21 Anthem has a backing panel behind the Aqua Hot and I am not sure it is removable if I crawl into it from the curb side of the coach or do I access it by removing the cover over the aqua hot system.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:00 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Can't speak to a '21 but our '16 has a carpeted panel that prevents cargo from getting into that area. The panel is held in place by velcro. You access it from the opposite side of the coach and crawling into the cargo area. You do not remove the Aqua-Hot's metal cover, which only exposes the circulation and stir pumps as well as the burner assembly.

Actually, the carpeted protective panel isn't that tall and you can easily see the top of the mixing valve just by crawling in and looking down over the panel.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpykmpr47 View Post
I see and understand where that valve is but I am not sure how to get to it. Our 21 Anthem has a backing panel behind the Aqua Hot and I am not sure it is removable if I crawl into it from the curb side of the coach or do I access it by removing the cover over the aqua hot system.
The carpeted panel behind the aqua hot is fastened on by 2 screws on one side and velcro inside the other side. The mixing valve is clearly visable once you remove the panel.
roger8070 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:38 AM   #9

This problem is one that is not restricted to a singe owner or two, but is a problem that many with 21s have been experiencing. Be very careful in adjusting the tempering valve, but it should cure your problem.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger8070 View Post
The carpeted panel behind the aqua hot is fastened on by 2 screws on one side and velcro inside the other side. The mixing valve is clearly visable once you remove the panel.
Thank you I will try to set the valve after we get finished here at Spartan.

Tags
temperature, water