Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
There you go, a busines or educator's solution...usually better than an engineering solution...and cheaper...and less likely to fail
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #16

A tether ball inflated to appropriate dimension with line attached. Insert between slide roof and topper. When ready to leave pull on line and slide tether ball out and drains topper. Found this on this forum and have actually used it. Works great. Just don't forget to remove tether ball
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #17

King aire

BILLY, IS THAT YOUR NEW KING AIRE SITTING IN YOUR HANGAR? OR IS IT A PICTURE OF THE ONE YOUR ORDERED? I SEE YOU REMOVED CORNERSTONE FROM YOUR SIG, AND HAVE A PICTURE OF YOUR LAMBO FOR YOUR AVATAR!
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Maybe if they were mounted at an angle like these it wouldn't be an issue.
$850,000.00 dollars, topper problem solved! Great job.
Great looking King Aire!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
You know, a King Aire would likely have the proper engineering solution to the issue...much better than my poor attempt at ways to solve the problem.

What is that $1M with options. Never bothered to look at the price tag as it was way far out of my league. Have to say though that other than engine size, the difference between the King Aire and the Mountain Aire that I saw at Tampa kinda reminded me of the differences between Anthem and Cornerstone...hard to justify significantly more cost. I must be missing something...a few more coats of clear coat perhaps.

Pls don't misconstrue ... wished I had the money to go either way...then I'd have a real mice place to park my Anthem during the Winter in FL or southern CA.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
BILLY, IS THAT YOUR NEW KING AIRE SITTING IN YOUR HANGAR? OR IS IT A PICTURE OF THE ONE YOUR ORDERED? I SEE YOU REMOVED CORNERSTONE FROM YOUR SIG, AND HAVE A PICTURE OF YOUR LAMBO FOR YOUR AVATAR!
Nope...it's from the dealer show.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #21

Whatever happened to the Carefree "summit" version of slide topper awnings? They had a horizontal rod running fore/aft over the slide which gave the awning a nice peak, which didn't allow for standing water. Seems like the solution to me.

Roy
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #22

Do not see the king air high dollar solution as any help for the problem. Rain would blow in infer that angled topper, same problem.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Do not see the king air high dollar solution as any help for the problem. Rain would blow in infer that angled topper, same problem.
Rain water collects in the center of the topper, instead of running off the outside edge it tries to run off the valley and instead of dripping off the end it runs back under and drips in the center of the slide out. Since Entegra makEs the top of the slide flat...unlike Newmar with a raised edge to the inside, it can run inside the coach. BELIEVE ME!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coach issues 02.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	37318  
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #24

I have been In some VERY heavy rains and NEVER has there been any water get inside the coach.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
OK...so I apologize for trying to be funny earlier, because the standing water is a problem on top of the topper, and mine did (in this heavy rain we've been having in Omaha, blow itself off yesterday in the one day of sun we've had in the last two weeks.

That said, I haven't had this, but I do have a leaking door. So water in the coach is frustrating.

I saw a 2012 Phaeton when I was in the shopping phase leaking on the floor after a heavy blowing rain storm. I have also noticed that the slide seals don't always completely point one way or the other on retraction or, more important, employment. My guess is that is where the problem lies, particularly on a new coach. I haven't given much though on how to assure that the complete seal is pointed in the outward direction when the slide is deployed...but I think that's what we need to focus on WRT the leaking slide, having seen now how mine work and remembering the Phaeton last September.

Any thoughts???
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
We also had a leaky door - turned out to be a combo of two things. First was operator error - the door has a double latch. I was closing it too gently and only getting it to the first 'click.' It needs to make the second 'click' to seal properly. You can flip the latch through the two positions with the door open to see how it needs to close. Thanks to Ted at Entegra for the demo.

The second problem was a little rubber bumper that is supposed to be installed on the inside of the door, hinge side, above the middle hinge. Ours was located slightly below the hinge. Water would run down the door, hit the hinge and then flow to the inside of the door and leak inside the coach. Installing a second rubber bumper above the first one prevented the water from running to the inside of the hinge. Joyce mailed us the extra bumper. Hope that helps.

We have brought slides in wet and ended up with puddles but only from water dripping from the sides of the slides. Haven't had any problems with the slide toppers dumping as they retract - but when the slides come in wet I've started using an old towel to wipe down as much as I can. Like the idea of raising the coach slightly in front...I'll try that next trip. If we roll the coach, it rains. Have the coach washed and start out...we can break any drought!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Appreciate the info...for us it is the wind Mariah!

Today is the first day in the last 10 when the wind only blew 10-15...of course with the temp at 30 degrees Mariah was cooooooold

Tags
slide, water