Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2020, 04:38 PM   #57

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have ignored waze detours in past, only to regret it, stuck in traffic an extra hour/ two; my last detour, I BYPASSED 17-miles of stopped traffic w/ no exits, and got back onto an empty road w/ a few behind me... The bypass was close enough that I often saw the traffic jam... car had run under a truck in a flaming mess
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #58

GPS and Waze

Have made two round trips from Seattle to North Carolina and a one way trip from Wyoming to NC. I have used the vehicles gps or a Tom Tom and the phone for the Waze. Never any problem. Outside the major cities in the West it is pretty wide open driving but once you get passed Iowa it is not much fun.
Useitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:13 PM   #59

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One thing I have not understood. With all the damage road gaters cause and you see the remans everywhere, why has the insurance industry not got the states to ban them on trucks. It must be a powerful lobby? I would think beside a lot of damage that the occasional motorcyclist is hurt or killed by them!
Lez8ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:22 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgum13 View Post
My concern with WAZE would be rerouting me onto a road that can not accommodate the size of my motorhome. Can you input into WAZE your vehicle's parameters?
A bunch of people i know and I have been hollering at them for over a year to make several changes:

Height, length, width
Propane or no propane
The steepness of hills

That last one? There are a few streets around Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles that I won't take my automobile on, much less a trailer or a motor home of ANY size... I swear that some of those streets are on a 40 degree angle... dangerous going downhill when wet... even in passenger car.

There is a process for submitting feature requests...
www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=657&t=78952

Mike
Old 08-21-2020, 05:43 AM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
For the nay sayers and those afraid to try anything new. I have taken Waze detours a few times off of closed interstates. Those detours have always been well traveled state or country roads. If I did have to disconnect to turn around, I would rather do that than sit for an hour in closed highway traffic. I have been RV'ing for over 18 years, have been all over this country mostly on highways and have on seen one low overpass, in a small town which I was able to go to the next street and go around it. Plan a route as everyone should, if you don't own an Atlas, buy one. Waze is a great tool to use on that route for live hazards and road conditions.

Waze for me lately has been more accurate than my "big rig" GPS for big rig friendly ways to get into the driveway of my destination.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #62

Waze is the only GPS we use

Drove from West Virginia to Maryland using Waze. My niece and her husband left a few minutes after we did, heading to the same destination. They arrived nearly 90 minutes after we did, complaining about the terrible traffic jam on Route 70 due to an accident. Luckily since we used Waze (and they used their GPS in their car), Waze drove us around the accident by getting off the highway an exit earlier. At the time, we didn't know why. But we trusted it. So glad we did! BTW ... My niece now uses Waze! 😉
CoachDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:41 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDonna View Post
Drove from West Virginia to Maryland using Waze. My niece and her husband left a few minutes after we did, heading to the same destination. They arrived nearly 90 minutes after we did, complaining about the terrible traffic jam on Route 70 due to an accident. Luckily since we used Waze (and they used their GPS in their car), Waze drove us around the accident by getting off the highway an exit earlier. At the time, we didn't know why. But we trusted it. So glad we did! BTW ... My niece now uses Waze! 😉
I couldn't have said it better. It has worked the same way for me.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Getting back to screen mirroring, when I put WAZE up on the front TV, I get NO audio. When I screen mirror other sources, I do get audio. Samsung S-10 phone (Android). Any ideas?
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Stew, how are you mirroring? The 19 did not have a smart TV overhead, but the 21 does. I can link my phone and TV with sound. See if "Smart View" in your pull down menu will link your phone and the TV.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:55 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
RV Life

Being a new MH driver, I really fret about making sure I have checked routes through a couple of sources in advance. I’ll check google maps, but don’t use it or Waze while driving due to the size of the RV. I find the RM on my 20 Anthem very difficult to use - especially for adding new locations. I have tried RV Life recently and I had a 2 week trial for CoPilot. I preferred RV Life over CoPilot. When I can get it to recognize where I want to go, I will use RM on the screen and keep RVLife active on my phone in a holder/charger in the 12V on the dash. If I can’t program my destination, I still keep the RM on screen so I can see what’s coming up.

I like the idea of the iPad better than the iPhone and will explore how to mount it so I can see it.

Just today, I missed a turn on RVLife and it easily re-rerouted me and gave me confidence it had my dimensions and I didn’t need to worry.
rob_lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote