Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2022, 07:58 PM   #1

We said goodbye today

Today we took our very empty coach to a hotel in Baxter, MN to be picked up and taken by a hired driver to NIRVC in Dallas, TX for consignment. It was a bittersweet moment leaving her there in the parking lot. It was steeped in many memories good and bad while leaving many questions yet unanswered.

She was a lady, beautiful, mysterious, loving, comforting, moody, and fickle. Recalling the adventures she took us on, dazzling us with amazing views through the windshield, the excitement and anticipation of what was around the next curve, over the next hill, or what was in the next town big or small. Then she would cuddle us at night giving us a home, making us comfortable and secure. But then there were her moods and fickleness requiring constant maintenance and repairs every time you turned around dollar after dollar causing you to question your sanity for owning such a beast. The untold times she caused me to scream profanities at the sky wondering why. She'll be missed, maybe, well sometimes. Will there be another? No, perhaps, maybe.

So, after eight years we reached the end of the road. We have been through all 48 of the contiguous states, the goal being to have lobster in Maine, shrimp on the gulf, and crab in the Northwest, mission accomplished. We now have a cabin in the north woods of Minnesota, our homeland. This will be a big change for us as it was going "full timing" initially. At least if something breaks, I don't have to move the cabin 200 miles to get it fixed.

To our friends at IRV2 I bid you farewell and ado. I may be listening in on occasion, but I have found that my knowledge has turning quite obsolete. So good luck to you all and safe travels. Good luck.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2022, 08:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Today we took our very empty coach to a hotel in Baxter, MN to be picked up and taken by a hired driver to NIRVC in Dallas, TX for consignment. It was a bittersweet moment leaving her there in the parking lot. It was steeped in many memories good and bad while leaving many questions yet unanswered.

She was a lady, beautiful, mysterious, loving, comforting, moody, and fickle. Recalling the adventures she took us on, dazzling us with amazing views through the windshield, the excitement and anticipation of what was around the next curve, over the next hill, or what was in the next town big or small. Then she would cuddle us at night giving us a home, making us comfortable and secure. But then there were her moods and fickleness requiring constant maintenance and repairs every time you turned around dollar after dollar causing you to question your sanity for owning such a beast. The untold times she caused me to scream profanities at the sky wondering why. She'll be missed, maybe, well sometimes. Will there be another? No, perhaps, maybe.

So, after eight years we reached the end of the road. We have been through all 48 of the contiguous states, the goal being to have lobster in Maine, shrimp on the gulf, and crab in the Northwest, mission accomplished. We now have a cabin in the north woods of Minnesota, our homeland. This will be a big change for us as it was going "full timing" initially. At least if something breaks, I don't have to move the cabin 200 miles to get it fixed.

To our friends at IRV2 I bid you farewell and ado. I may be listening in on occasion, but I have found that my knowledge has turning quite obsolete. So good luck to you all and safe travels. Good luck.
Wishing you safe travels and new adventures. Godspeed.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:11 PM   #3

Thank you for your eloquent post. We all have the same emotions about this lifestyle but few of us can put it in such meaningful words.
202235f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:11 PM   #4

My wife and I decided not to adopt one lifestyle that defines us for our life
We decided that there will be distinct chapters in our life
We lived on a lake and that was one lifestyle and one chapter
Full time RV’g and traveling is another & current chapter
It remains to be seen when and what the next chapter will be
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:06 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Robert,
You are going to be missed, it has been a lot of years since both of us go back to our 14's. Wishing you all the best in your next journey where ever that my take you.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:50 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow. thru the yrs have seen many post of ppl that have left the RV Life. Your post was Top of List. As a former New Englander , (RI) glad ya got to have a "Real Lobstah". Wish you well and a life filled of your memories. << there must me 1000's..
Old 09-28-2022, 05:05 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for sharing your wonderful post.

Best of luck with your transition and life in the cabin.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:12 PM   #8

When I saw a thread titled “We said goodbye today” written by a member with the screen name “DoggieDaddy” I feared something worse that saying goodbye to a motorhome.

Amy & I have said goodbye to five motorhomes. A bit of emotion associated with some of them, but not all that much. We’ve also said goodbye to two beloved dogs, Bailey and Lexi. Considerably more difficult.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
When I saw a thread titled “We said goodbye today” written by a member with the screen name “DoggieDaddy” I feared something worse that saying goodbye to a motorhome.

Amy & I have said goodbye to five motorhomes. A bit of emotion associated with some of them, but not all that much. We’ve also said goodbye to two beloved dogs, Bailey and Lexi. Considerably more difficult.
Sorry about your dogs, my post was about a coach we lived in for eight years. It was more than just a machine or a status symbol, it was a home to us. I think most other readers got the jest but you.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Sorry about your dogs, my post was about a coach we lived in for eight years. It was more than just a machine or a status symbol, it was a home to us. I think most other readers got the jest but you.
Robert, I totally got it once I read the full text of your post.

I was just reporting my initial concern, which was followed by relief that the post was about the departure of your motorhome rather than one of your dogs.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Robert, I totally got it once I read the full text of your post.

I was just reporting my initial concern, which was followed by relief that the post was about the departure of your motorhome rather than one of your dogs.

I might as well have killed one of my dogs. Get it?
Old 09-29-2022, 11:14 AM   #12

Best of luck on the next phase of the adventure.
Do hang around, their are plenty of classics that need that “obsolete” info, including me!
Besides, Chuck might want to go back to an analog classic….just kidding Chuck.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:20 AM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:

Dear doggiedaddy,

Thank you so much for trusting your baby to NIRVC to consign. I always say I have the best job! I get to help wonderful friends live out their dreams of traveling this beautiful country in the comfort of their own home. I’m always impressed with our customers and the enjoyment they have traveling together. You have obviously had some amazing experiences while RVing. I loved your post and feel honored to be chosen to help find your coach a new set of owners for more memory making experiences!

Best of luck in your next chapter!

Angie
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
214-392-1100
Angie Morell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 04:28 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Robert, Holly, Augie Doggie and Monty Puppy-best of luck and health to all of you.
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote