Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #1

We were at the Hershey show today

What a day!

The huge portable electric generators they bring in to power the units on display went down. Less than half the display units had any power to supply the much needed air conditioners on the coaches, fifth wheels and the travel trailers.

We left there with out clothes thoroughly damp, certainly soaked in parts, Was 93 degrees there today, with high humidity

The Entegra display by RVOne (?) was impressive. I guess Entegra provided a nice "monument" to display the Entegra name at their area.

We explored the 5 Entegra units they had on display. All gorgeous.

Since we had a 13 Aspire 42RBQ, let me tell you what has changed in the 14 model we saw.

First off, all tires are the Goodyear 295 size all around. Not sure if that has changed, (we had an IFS on our Aspire and Middlebury boosted those front tires to 305's)

The Air conditioner! Quiet quiet and quiet! They got rid of that huge intake that created most of the interior noise. As quiet as other coaches we saw that had the intake channeled.

Front door tile now multicolor inlays on both ends of the steps. Nice touch.

Also the tile floor now includes medallions, again, nice

There in now a plastic type of rain diffuser attached above the entrance door to prevent rain from entering the front door tiled area. Reminds me of those things you can buy for your auto windows, and do the same thing.

Docking lights are now circular, removing the rectangular ones

Outdoor security lights are now oval, versus round. More streamlined into the body.

We toured almost EVERY coach in the show. Our legs took a beating.

We met and chatted with Mr B Tiffin sitting in an Allegro Bus at the show. A gentlemen, for sure

I have to say that the driver and passenger seats are the BEST on the Entegra than all we saw. The size and leather quality blew all others away, ALL OTHERS. We didn't see a better drivers/passenger seat in ANY coach!

We checked out some 5ers too. Always nice to see what they have done with the space. Seems many automatic levelers were on the larger rigs. Remember, you have to disconnect your pickup before you can use the automatic levelers...

Glad we had some cold ice tea/water, sitting in a cooler, with sandwiches when we returned to our auto...

Got a flat on our car going through the Cross Bronx Expressway, heading home .....was almost a nice day

Wayne
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for the very nice report and model updates that you saw. There are some things you pointed out that we were not aware of and REALLY glad to hear about the front seats as we haven't even looked close at other coaches and probably won't.

Not good, to not have power in the coaches in FL type weather, how miserable.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #3

Wayne, thanks for the update. We wanted to get down to Hershey but just too much on my plate here in the office.

I had a feeling it was going to be hot, hot, hot, in Hershey and you confirmed that. Probably a good thing we didn't go as DW doesn't do hot well. The lack of working A/C on many of the units wouldn't have helped the situation either.

A flat on the Cross Bronx???? That can be hazardous to your health, can't it?

Ed
Old 09-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #4

It sure can! Would have been worse if I exited on Jerome Ave to change the tire!

Regarding my list of seen changes on the 2014 models, I forgot to mention that they are using a new refrig/freezer. I forgot the brand name, but both locks look solid

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post

A flat on the Cross Bronx???? That can be hazardous to your health, can't it?

Ed
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Us3Here View Post
It sure can! Would have been worse if I exited on Jerome Ave to change the tire!

Regarding my list of seen changes on the 2014 models, I forgot to mention that they are using a new refrig/freezer. I forgot the brand name, but both locks look solid

Regards
I'm glad you made it home in one piece.

Anything else noteworthy on the Entegras that you noticed? Seems like this year the forums are a little bit quiet about Hershey. I'm not really sure why as this year's show is supposed to e the biggest ever.

Ed
Old 09-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Hershey Wednesday was miserable 93 degrees and 99% humidity. We all suffered . The AC in most coaches and all trailers struggled. But it was a true test of whether the ac worked or not. If the power went down most Class A's I found started gen's up to run the AC units.

Today Thursday was quite rainy . Again not a great day to be touring outside so I was inside the exposition area most of the day doing some seminars and meeting with the vendors.

It was my first Hershey show but can honestly say nothing was an Eyeopener in the Class A category except for some price tags. Seems pricing has increased a lot in 2014 on the big rigs.

Some vendors I was looking for weren't here in any form.

You didn't see all models of Tiffin or Newmar on display because the dealers who were showing them were not "authorized" to sell all models. Say what???

I did get some help though with non MH products though . I'd say though this is my first and last visit to Hershey for me.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
While Hershey was a seminal visit for us as we bought our coach there, I found the Tampa Supershow to be more comprehensive, more choices, more vendors, more information, and MORE CROWDED. But it is a great show to look for whatever you're shopping for...unfortunately, to some degree, for what you're not shopping for as well
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #8

I've been told that so far they have sold 25 new Entegras at Hershey. That's pretty darn impressive!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We were there today. The Anthem 44DLQ was gorgeous, and exactly the floorplan that we like. Thank goodness that they were really busy or they would have sold a 26th. They had them discounted 25% off of list for the show, but I'm sure that there was some more room. The people from RVOne were very knowledgeable on the Entegra line and I'm sure that helped with their sales effort.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This thread is useless without pictures.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
OWV

We were there as well. Wednesday was brutally hot and Thursday was rainy, OK, almost monsoon like. Today, Friday, however, was a welcome relief. While we didn't come to buy, it looks like we might. Our choices are narrowed to Newmar, Ventana or Dutch Star (40 or 43), Itasca Elipse (42), and Entegra Aspire (44). Any thoughts that readers of this forum might have on our choices would be greatly appreciated. I don't think we can go wrong with any of these alternatives, but would welcome your thoughts since this will be both our first and our last and we need it to last for the next 10-15 years of what we hope will be almost full time, full timing, health permitting, and, we hope, a fair amount of boondocking. As such we want to make sure we make the right choice and we welcome your input and your opinions. Thank you.

Regards,
OWV
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
We were there as well. Wednesday was brutally hot and Thursday was rainy, OK, almost monsoon like. Today, Friday, however, was a welcome relief. While we didn't come to buy, it looks like we might. Our choices are narrowed to Newmar, Ventana or Dutch Star (40 or 43), Itasca Elipse (42), and Entegra Aspire (44). Any thoughts that readers of this forum might have on our choices would be greatly appreciated. I don't think we can go wrong with any of these alternatives, but would welcome your thoughts since this will be both our first and our last and we need it to last for the next 10-15 years of what we hope will be almost full time, full timing, health permitting, and, we hope, a fair amount of boondocking. As such we want to make sure we make the right choice and we welcome your input and your opinions. Thank you.

Regards,
OWV
I will give you three guesses what coach you will be told to buy on this site. Three guesses and the first two don't count.
If you are near central Texas PM me and I will let you see my Aspire.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post

Regards,
OWV
We too are looking at both the Newmar Ventana/DS and the Entegra Aspire/Anthem. We were really impressed with four Newmar units on display. The interiors were light and bright and finish quality was excellent.

On the other hand, the Entegra while having massive "content" seemed much darker inside and had that "Costco" furniture look.

After the show we are leaning Dutch Star loaded with power shades and a few other goodies. Good luck and keep us posted.
Mr_Mechanica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #14

stull sounds fun
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote